Serious playground baller

Default 2014 Draft vs. this year's draft: can you say overhyped?

It's been a year and I think some early conclusions are legitimate to make.

Last year's draft was the most hyped one since the Lebron-Carmelo-Wade-Bosh-Darko draft in 2003.

Granted, the Wolves got Wiggins as a future franchise player (remains to be seen), but everyone else is far from having proved to be the real deal.

While Jabari has been injured for almost the whole year, I think it's fair to say that he didn't look Carmelo 2.0 and a franchise guy for the Bucks.

Even if he ever gets back on the court, it's highly unlikely Embiid's gonna turn out into Hakeem 2.0 or something close to that, injuries are a bitch.

Randle doesn't look a superstar either.

On the other hand, there are many interesting solid guys such as Nurkic, Smart, Gordon, Lavine, etc.

This year's draft was far less hyped, but it's been even better than predicted, boasting three potential superstars and franchise guys: Town's is proving the real deal, sky-is-the-limit franchise guy.

Okafor is playing like a beast, displaying world class back to the basket moves unheard of for a 20 year old. He might already be the best offensive big man in the league after DMC. Frankly, I didn't think he was going to look as good. If he improves the rebounding, he will be a perrenial all star. I'm not sure I can say that with certainty for any player from last year's class, including Wiggins (he will probably, but let's see if he continues to be aggressive as in last spring).

The steal of the Draft is Porzingis, who can develop into a bigger Greek Freak type of player, playing 3-4-5 owing to his versatility. Phil Jackson played this one well.

And there is also the blunder of the draft in the Lakers taking Russell, who may well end up a solid player, but I think they are now pulling their hair out for taking him before Okafor or Porzingis...
    Last edited by fandarko; 11-12-2015 at 07:42 AM.

Default Re: 2014 Draft vs. this year's draft: can you say overhyped?

This years draft is way better than last years.

A bunch of these players are going to become franchise face type players. Towns, Okafor (on a shit team), Porzingas, and possibly Russel. Lets not kid ourselves and include Mudiay.