Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Ben Carson says Jews could have averted the Holocaust if they had been armed.

Umm...no comment.[QUOTE]Republican candidate Ben Carson continued his controversial remarks about guns Thursday -- suggesting in a new interview that the Jews may have been able to diminish the likelihood of the Holocaust if they were armed.

Carson made the remarks, which drew swift condemnation -- on CNN. He said that passengers on Flight 93, which crashed on 9/11, helped avoid further tragedy by rushing the gunman.

In Carson's new book

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Ben Carson says Jews could have averted the Holocaust if they had been armed.

touchy topic

Default Re: Ben Carson says Jews could have averted the Holocaust if they had been armed.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    "The small number of personal firearms available to Germany’s Jews in 1938 could in no way have stopped the totalitarian power of the Nazi German state."

I love how his opinion is stated, and there's just, no rebuttal, like his word is final.

Ignoring the success of dozens and dozens of insurgent organizations against 'world powers' and 'organized armies' throughout the last several decades.... he's kind of right.

But, he's wrong. Could they have stopped it? Probably not, but I would bet anything the death toll for the Jews in Europe wouldn't have reached 6 million.

This part:

“I think the likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed,”
    Is 100% true, and undeniable. But, your average dumbass will just read the title and pretend to know what the article is about. Because Americans cant read. Or think for themselves.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Meanwhile there was another shooting at another college today.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I see his point. If Jews could had arms they could have resisted. Would the Holocaust have been averted? Well I don't know. But it would have made the Nazi's plan much harder to implement.

Boy, the media is on the attack with Carson lately. I know that Carson speaks his mind and is not afraid to say controversial things. But the media also has taken some of this comments out of context in the past. They are like rabid dogs. Next week they will attack one of the other Repub candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    I see his point. If Jews could had arms they could have resisted. Would the Holocaust have been averted? Well I don't know. But it would have made the Nazi's plan much harder to implement.

Boy, the media is on the attack with Carson lately. I know that Carson speaks his mind and is not afraid to say controversial things. But the media also has taken some of this comments out of context in the past. They are like rabid dogs. Next week they will attack one of the other Repub candidates.
    it's not just that he says controversial things. he says straight up stupid shit.

yeah he needs to be smarter with how he talks to the media. he can't be like trump. he doesn't have the personality and he won't win the nomination that way. my mom was watching the view (complete garbage feminist nonsense) and i think carson said something like the less educated people are the ones who are getting pregnant early so it would be good to educate them and the crowd like gasped and they looked at him like he was crazy.... like that's not a completely true statement liberal view is crazy

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    yeah he needs to be smarter with how he talks to the media. he can't be like trump. he doesn't have the personality and he won't win the nomination that way. my mom was watching the view (complete garbage feminist nonsense) and i think carson said something like the less educated people are the ones who are getting pregnant early so it would be good to educate them and the crowd like gasped and they looked at him like he was crazy.... like that's not a completely true statement liberal view is crazy
    Yeah, he should not talk to the media. He knows already that they are snakes, yet still talks to them. I don't think he will get the nomination, but he could make a good vice president.

this guy cant really be running for the president of the united states right?

If the Tutsi people had weapons could they of resisted the Rwandan genocide.
    We will never know. If the Hutu people were not sheep to the political elite and listened to their conscience instead of the fear mongering ideology would it happen? A lot less people would die thats for sure.

No, they just would have died in warzone conditions instead of deathcamps...which in fairness, is a better way to go. But ya....guns don't work vs tanks and airstrikes

The goal, by the leftist media, is to take a big blurb of his, condense it down into one sentence taken out of context, and then put that sentence as the title in bold letters knowing 95% of people won't actually read what he said.

This has happened several times in the last two weeks or so. In context, what he said was true.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    The goal, by the leftist media, is to take a big blurb of his, condense it down into one sentence taken out of context, and then put that sentence as the title in bold letters knowing 95% of people won't actually read what he said.

This has happened several times in the last two weeks or so. In context, what he said was true.
    What he said, in our out of context the past month, was ridiculous and stupid. His comments about the CC shooting, him telling the gun man at Popeyes that he should get the cashier and not him, no muslims for president, denying climate change, and lastly the holocaust.

I'm sorry, but a Jewish family of 5 with a gun or two will put up 0 resistance against a squad of SS rounding them up. You're a fucking retard if you think otherwise. Jews were not corralled on aggregate, and even if they were they would not have been armed at the time. It would have made no difference even if every damn jewish father had a pistol on him at all times. You think Anne Frank's uncle hiding behind the bookcase with a pistol would have stopped anything? They would have simply been murdered on the spot in stead of months later after free labor and torture.

That's why it's stupid, terribly insensitive, and still factually incorrect.

NBA Legend

It wouldnt have stopped the Holocaust, but I believe his point speaks to one of the larger purposes of the second amendment.

Without arms, the government has an easier opportunity to use might to enforce rules that violate the will of the people. You know, in places like Australia and Switzerland and Norway etc they have much smaller armies and less powerful governments. The US govt has tons of financial resources and a massive army. People who are mindful of history like to have at least some ability to resist the imposition of anything radical the government may attempt to enforce on them. It's not that theyre going to DEFEAT the army, but they will at least go out firing back rather than being submissive to despotism.

Obviously this has roots from a time when "mass school shootings" were not a thing. So I'm not saying this argument ends the gun debate, but it is one of the main reasons people choose to arm themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    What he said, in our out of context the past month, was ridiculous and stupid. His comments about the CC shooting, him telling the gun man at Popeyes that he should get the cashier and not him, no muslims for president, denying climate change, and lastly the holocaust.

I'm sorry, but a Jewish family of 5 with a gun or two will put up 0 resistance against a squad of SS rounding them up. You're a fucking retard if you think otherwise. Jews were not corralled on aggregate, and even if they were they would not have been armed at the time. It would have made no difference even if every damn jewish father had a pistol on him at all times. You think Anne Frank's uncle hiding behind the bookcase with a pistol would have stopped anything? They would have simply been murdered on the spot in stead of months later after free labor and torture.

That's why it's stupid, terribly insensitive, and still factually incorrect.
    Ahh...

Interesting. Well, unfortunately for you, history shows that even impoverished people with guns, as a group, can defeat much larger, much more organized forces.

You, with your anti American views, should be willing to admit to that much.