Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Why are gay people and atheists so angry all the time?

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    Yes, by a lot.

Do you really need to a rundown of all the atrocities that have been committed in the name of religion? Religion is never content with reveling in the marvelous claims contained within its dopey books. Nope, they have to "preach" their gospel to the heretics, non-believers, or preachers of other faiths, often with tragic results.

A bunch of millennials taking selfies on Facebook is nothing compared to that.

China has a much lower percentage of religious people than the US.

Why dont you move there? It's better, right?

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    China has a much lower percentage of religious people than the US.

Why dont you move there? It's better, right?
    China is a developing nation, but it is paradise compared to the more devoutly religious Middle East.

Other countries with a lower percentage:

Japan
    Australia
    Canada
    Most of Western Europe and Scandinavia

Overall, the less religious and conservative the country, the better off it is. China is an exception.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    China is a developing nation, but it is paradise compared to the more devoutly religious Middle East.

Other countries with a lower percentage:

Japan
    Australia
    Canada
    Most of Western Europe and Scandinavia

Overall, the less religious and conservative the country, the better off it is. China is an exception.

What about communist Russia? Stalin slaughtered million and was devoutly AGAINST religion. Hitler himself was a non-religious Darwinian. Saddam Hussein was a non-religious mass-murderer.

Every country you listed has churches and sizable religious populations. Economy and political stability have more to do with quality of life than whether or not a country is religious.

Obsessing over an anti-religious agenda is for people who can't come up with anything more relevant to say to the real issues that face a nation.

Banned

Dresta tries so hard to sound smart, it just isn't working for him.

Home of the 16

Because gay people get all the hate. I see atheists as spoiled brats -- they want to be a part of christmas' or turn christmas into a universal tradition in a way -- hardcore atheists are fucking idiots, honestly.

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Most atheists I've seen on the internet aren't really angry, more like they're pretentious, "know-it-all", pricks. Never really seen too many angry gay people either

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Someone mentioned it in this thread, and I hear this a lot, yet almost never ever see it. But someone mentioned that they hate when religious people force their religion down someone's throat or something to that effect.

Honestly, how often is something accosting you on the street forcing the word of God on you? And thanking God or baby Jesus in an acceptance speech or interview or press conference isn't forcing religion down your throat either. It's an acknowledgement of thanks to a higher power that they believe in. That's it.
    When religion affects the policies of your political party like it often does the republicans how is that not ramming it down our throat? Bush banned stem cell research in America for 8 years because he believed that was "Playing God" and invaded Iraq with Tony Blair who both claimed their faith in God affected many of the decisions they made.

For a secular constitution like the United States why should the non believers have to put up with it? If it's personal, keep it to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    When religion affects the policies of your political party like it often does the republicans how is that not ramming it down our throat? Bush banned stem cell research in America for 8 years because he believed that was "Playing God" and invaded Iraq with Tony Blair who both claimed their faith in God affected many of the decisions they made.

For a secular constitution like the United States why should the non believers have to put up with it? If it's personal, keep it to yourself.
    Why should conservatives have to put up with a left-wing president? Why should a catholic have to put up with a Protestant president? Because that's democracy.

If you don't want a religious person, then don't vote for them. If most people agree with you, you'll get your way.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

gay people act ridiculous and then get mad when people make fun of them for it

Banned

Have some empathy. If your anus got ruptured every night from a dick pounding it raw, wouldn't you be angry all the time too?

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

At my job we had a supervisor step down. He was a openly gay guy. Most of the people at my job are in their early to mid 20's. Some quite fit, it's a physical job. Well this guy was abusing his power. He was coming on to guys. My co worker last night told me how this supervisor would say the most gay sh#t to him..like disgusting stuff. He even offered two guys at my job money to blow them. Crazy shit. Sorry off topic.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    At my job we had a supervisor step down. He was a openly gay guy. Most of the people at my job are in their early to mid 20's. Some quite fit, it's a physical job. Well this guy was abusing his power. He was coming on to guys. My co worker last night told me how this supervisor would say the most gay sh#t to him..like disgusting stuff. He even offered two guys at my job money to blow them. Crazy shit. Sorry off topic.

In my defense I thought it might boost employee morale

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Probably because they lack concrete values themselves, and so it vexes them that others dare to adhere to anything outside of themselves and their senses.

Many of them are also power-hungry (due to this lack of sustaining values, which creates dissatisfaction and a lust for change), and consequently hate Christianity because it is and has been a massive restraint on power, and particularly, the power of the state.

It is only with Christian civilisation that the absolute sovereign of particular nations was placed under the law, and thus stripped of absolute power over its subjects (citizens). Atheists try to deny this, while at the same time frequently proclaiming such fanciful ideas as universal rights, even when such a concept as the universality of rights could only have been derived from Christianity, with its emphasis on the inherent dignity of man and the unity of the race (all equal under God).

Perhaps this cognitive dissonance is also driving their general mean-spiritedness. Prominent atheists tend to give atheism a bad name, and most of their arguments are no less faith based than the beliefs of Christians. People who think not believing in God makes them intelligent quite frankly need to shut up and think about the cogency of their own framework of beliefs before spouting off about how dumb dem Christians be.

edit: i'm only referring to the atheist part of the question here - haven't noticed gays being particularly angry tbh.

Banned

Because they are gay and atheist. I'd be pissed too.

Hahahahaha just kidding.

I got nothing against gays at all. Gay people have ALWAYS existed. But in old times they would just be normal guys, wouldn't talk about their sex life. it's cool man do what you want to do in private as long as it isn't hurting anyone.

But some of these modern gays? These are the guys who have been hiacked and poisioned by cultural marxism. Their entire identify is now about them talking about being gay, gay rights, posting multiple gay rights statuses on their social media all day every day etc. Noone wants to hear that shit constantly. I wouldn't want to hear about that if the guy was straight either, talking about straight rights, or details about what him and his girlfriend did.

The problem is in modern day, so many people live life(especially younger people) without a a real identify, a purpose. It doesn't help that todays young people are on average the first generation to be less successful than their parents in.....ever? So if they happen to be of a different race, gender, sexual orientation, religion(or lack of one in the case of atheism) these people go overboard with it and embrace that fringe group as their identify. Blaming their problems in life on the fact that they are gay, an atheist, a woman....whatever. Never minding the fact that people in general are having a tough time in general these days.