Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Convince someone unfamiliar with the sport of an Individuals Greatness

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Tbf the more you put down Fed, the worse Rafa looks
    The only one putting down Fed is Rafa, his whole career

Default Re: Convince someone unfamiliar with the sport of an Individuals Greatness

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    The only one putting down Fed is Rafa, his whole career
    Yet he's firmly in Fed's shade. 17

Yet he's firmly in Fed's shade. 17
    You are so angry right now

Banned

Agreed. Bradman was a true GOAT-caliber player. None of this "oh, let me go ahead and lose 70% of the time against my biggest rival" stuff. REAL DOMINANCE.
    I don't follow tennis but my girlfriend does, Fedderer is her favourite player but whenever we watch him he seems to lose.

You are so angry right now
    Awww. Must be. Todally. Absolutely. Definitely. Yup. Toatz.

You're a very......weird type of troll? Usually people on here make comments to rile people up. Ingenuity sets the top ones apart from the rest. You......don't seem to have much to strike with? You seem really flustered and we can imagine you frantically typing away at your keyboard?

Just work on your skill a little. If you decide that's what you want to be - a troll - then be good at it. Don't make yourself a laughing stock and get yourself all wound up while not making a coherent argument
    Chillax my brother go put on a Dustin Brown match....

You're a very......weird type of troll? Usually people on here make comments to rile people up. Ingenuity sets the top ones apart from the rest. You......don't seem to have much to strike with? You seem really flustered and we can imagine you frantically typing away at your keyboard?

Just work on your skill a little. If you decide that's what you want to be - a troll - then be good at it. Don't make yourself a laughing stock and get yourself all wound up while not making a coherent argument
    Thanks for typing all that out for me. Didn't read any of it, but I'll leave you with this: Rafa owns Roger.

Gotta run, talk later

Banned

Milbuck isn't a troll....

Thanks for typing all that out for me. Didn't read any of it, but I'll leave you with this: Rafa owns Roger.

Gotta run, talk later
    And Dustin Brown owns Rafa. Ttyl ol' buddy ol' chap.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Milbuck isn't a troll....
    Hi millbuck

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Another failed comparison

Not many would want to have a career of getting owned by their arch rival, by the other dominator of the tennis world.

The only reason is you'd take Fed is because of health, barring injuries Rafa would likely have surpassed his GS count, which makes it an interesting comparison.
    No, I'd take Federer because he's a better tennis player. He's won the most Grand Slams ever in an era when the surfaces do not favor him. The way I judge a player is would he be dominant in any era, on any surface, with any racquet, with any string (not the super duper stuff they have now)? Federer would. IMO, Nadal, back in the day, would not win anything but French Opens with a wooden racquet on fast, low-bouncing grass - his game is just not suited to faster surfaces.

And regardless of what anyone says, SURFACE matters a great deal or the example I gave of Sampras, Djokovic, McEnroe, Connors, Edberg and Becker not winning one French Open wouldn't happen.

Why play the injury excuse? There's a reason Nadal has so many injuries and it's because of the way he plays. Just the same way that Federer is almost never injured and has never retired from a match - the way he plays is easy on the body - and factors into his longevity. Would you say you'd take xxx because of health, barring injuries, Grant Hill would have won more. Hey, injuries are part of the game and affects what you win and how you're ranked.

Agreed. Bradman was a true GOAT-caliber player. None of this "oh, let me go ahead and lose 70% of the time against my biggest rival" stuff. REAL DOMINANCE.