Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Default Rose injured again

Rose gets injured again, and the first thing I can think of... is the message board bitches and trolls will rejoice. Gave you something to cry about for another week.

The first thing I should have thought about was , will Brooks become the Nate Rob of this team, who will step up, etc.

Reason being; Anyone with a sane mind should expect this.
    Last edited by Crystallas; 11-26-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Default Re: Rose injured again

Same thing went through my mind. Not only is it message board trolls, it's friends on Facebook and work too. hahah. Rose goes down again, would love to say I was surprised. Another injury plagued season ahead. It's getting old, but what can we do? Hopefully he won't be out for another few games.

I really like Brooks. I think Thibodeau should experiment with starting Brooks and bringing Kirk off of the bench if Rose is out again. I doubt he would, but I love the speed Brooks brings and it could be a way to fire up the starting unit.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Trolls? Really? Sorry. It's not just people trolling.

It's former fans of Rose who are sick and tired of this. Sore hamstring will likely mean another 10 games missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    Trolls? Really? Sorry. It's not just people trolling.

It's former fans of Rose who are sick and tired of this. Sore hamstring will likely mean another 10 games missed.

Hence why I said bitches and trolls.

Don't worry, I didn't forget to include your broken record.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    Hence why I said bitches and trolls.

Don't worry, I didn't forget to include your broken record.

Too funny. Great post. What happened to Rose last night was red meat to the haters. They want to dictate what a man does with his own body. Ridiculous! It is easy to support a guy when he is on top of the world, now that he is down what will you do??? Ask yourself are you fair weather or for real??

Born and raised southside here. Where I come from we support a guy through thick and thin. The only way I will join the brigade that says he needs to FORCE IT is if this continues during the second half of the season. And even then I will still support the guy but at that point he will have to risk it all by pushing through this injury bug that has kept him stalled at the starting gate. But right now it is far too early to take a "go at all costs" approach.

Last edited by TheTruth11; 11-26-2014 at 02:46 PM.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Yeah, no I'm not a fair weather fan. I supported him after his first major injury, I supported him after his second injury. But enough is enough. Barely playing this season and his stupid comments. I'm done with him until he's back out there playing several games and playing like his MVP season.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Yeah, no I'm not a fair weather fan. I supported him after his first major injury, I supported him after his second injury. But enough is enough. Barely playing this season and his stupid comments. I'm done with him until he's back out there playing several games and playing like his MVP season.
    Oh I see... you must have missed how he hurt his hamstring and almost destroyed whats left of his knee 6 games ago? Because you seem to be lumping his latest injury in with the previous injuries and surgeries he has had.

It is unfortunate that he got hurt again but you can't say... oh, you were hurt before so lets ignore your latest injury. Some say it is the shoes others say he is injury prone or has just run into a streak of bad luck. Whatever it is each injury has to be respected and treated as if it is brand new. The guy got hurt 6 games ago -- let that injury heal.

That said, I will agree with you on 1 thing and 1 thing only. His previous comments did not help his cause. Sometimes being brutally honest is not the smart thing to do. But anyone who knows Rose knows that this guy loves the game and gives it 100+ while playing.
    Last edited by TheTruth11; 11-26-2014 at 07:51 PM.

You're not done wit him. You find every opportunity to bring him and his situation up. That is the opposite of being done with him.

This is the fairytale season.

When all is but lost, the Bulls rally together, avoid injury late in the season and march into the playoffs on the back of a 10 Game winning streak.

Inspired by the play of Rose, back to his old MVP form, the Bulls seize their opportunity and destroy all teams in their path.

Call me delusional, but THIS TEAM CAN WIN IT ALL. I know it. Just need help on the injury front.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    You're not done wit him. You find every opportunity to bring him and his situation up. That is the opposite of being done with him.
    Maybe as in "DONE" supporting him?

As it turns out, Rose wasn't really injured or hurt, He was just not moving the way he wants to move.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/derrick...ry?id=27185472

"It wasn't nothing like I'm limping or I pulled it or anything, it wasn't any of that," Rose said. "It was just that I wasn't moving the way I wanted to while I was on the floor. So why push through it when I wasn't able to affect the game the way I wanted to? I came in here and talked to (Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau) and we both agreed on just sitting out."
    I love the Bulls a heck of a lot more than Rose. Of course their chances of winning increases exponentially but it's just frustrating to see guys like Kirk, Pau and Noah play hurt, Butler playing 40 plus minutes while Rose pulls himself out because he doesn't like the way he move. Forget the fact that he can relieve Kirk for several minutes so he can rest etc.
    Heck, I'll rather see a guy like Steve Blake or Jarret Jack right now in a Bull's jersey than Rose's current state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Maybe as in "DONE" supporting him?

As it turns out, Rose wasn't really injured or hurt, He was just not moving the way he wants to move.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/derrick...ry?id=27185472

I love the Bulls a heck of a lot more than Rose. Of course their chances of winning increases exponentially but it's just frustrating to see guys like Kirk, Pau and Noah play hurt, Butler playing 40 plus minutes while Rose pulls himself out because he doesn't like the way he move. Forget the fact that he can relieve Kirk for several minutes so he can rest etc.
    Heck, I'll rather see a guy like Steve Blake or Jarret Jack right now in a Bull's jersey than Rose's current state of mind.
    I see what he's saying though. If he can't play like Derrick Rose, why would he play?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I see what he's saying though. If he can't play like Derrick Rose, why would he play?
    Because I believe so much in Rose that he can still contribute on other ways. He knows the game, where his teammates go,
    Dictate tempo, spot up and shoot, make those entry passes, give Kirk some rest etc etc etc.
    If you believe that Rose is THAT TALENTED,then you should have faith that he can re-invent himself. Ron Harper was going to be the Next MJ but he had a major injury. He found a niche being a PG, a heckuvva slow but effective court leader both for Bulls and Lakers. Rose may not be the flashiest right now, but he can still help in other ways, heck for his teammates who see him TRYING TO BE THERE FOR THEM.