Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Curry has changed the game of basketball

There's a kid at the park I play at who was always a decent three point shooter. Recently, since the Curry OKC game, he's started taking threes from farther and farther away. Tonight the dude just started taking 32 and 35 footers and was hitting them at a consistent basis. I was setting screens for this dude 6-8 feet behind the line and he was just knocking down the open looks.

Now this is just some random ass kid playing like that. Kids are realizing that these long ass threes are good shots to practice, and it turns out if you practice them it's possible to get consistent at hitting them.

No one knows how to defend this consistently yet.

There's going to be a generation of kids growing up and practicing their 3s and handles with dedicated work ethic now. Soon, 35 footers like Curry's game winner vs OKC are going to be considered normal shots that all teams have to defend against vs every team every time down the court.

It's insane how much this dude Curry influenced basketball. JJ Reddick, after a career of being a roleplayer has even managed to become an offensive force simply by being given the green light by his coach to chuck up a 3 every time he has an inch of space.

It turns out 3 point chucking is the best way to win at basketball. I don't know why, but suddenly the old addage "live by the three die by the three" has become untrue. Living by the three is the best way to play basketball. And if you learn how to hit 32+ foot shots, you are virtually unguardable, atleast under current defensive schemes we know about.

Curry is one of the most influential players ever.

Banned

Default Re: Curry has changed the game of basketball

op has no life

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

I know that feel OP, theres this guy down the court who just has ridiculous range and a super fast release. He is a big bloke but agile for his size and even can consistently use the step back to great effect. Sometimes he hits like 4-5 super deep 3's.

Then you got this other agro 5'4 midget decked out in Curry gear that chucks 3's all night and is lucky to make 2 of them. Makes me lol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    I know that feel OP, theres this guy down the court who just has ridiculous range and a super fast release. He is a big bloke but agile for his size and even can consistently use the step back to great effect. Sometimes he hits like 4-5 super deep 3's.

Then you got this other agro 5'4 midget decked out in Curry gear that chucks 3's all night and is lucky to make 2 of them. Makes me lol.
    on the indoor gym, when the little kid 10-12 year old league is going on, all the teams these days are based on 3 point chucking, and these kids are hitting these sick shots! When I was playing on those teams, none of us could ever hit 3s. Seeing a three pointer was like a once a game experience. Now kids are chucking 3s every time up and down the court and hitting them at a decent clip.

Will the art of post play be lost completely as it becomes an arms race to put an elite 3 point shooter at every position?

The young generations are all basing their game and offense off Curry and the Warriors. A new epoch of basketball is upon us. The game will never be the same.

Very good NBA starter

Theres a big difference between shooting in a pickup game at a park and an actual game lol....

And you realize the 3 point line on outdoor courts are less than 20 feet right? You telling me the kid was shooting 15 feet out from the 3 point line?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Theres a big difference between shooting in a pickup game at a park and an actual game lol....

And you realize the 3 point line on outdoor courts are less than 20 feet right? You telling me the kid was shooting 15 feet out from the 3 point line?
    Im not saying that this random park kid will be as good as Curry. This is just some random kid.

What I'm saying is that kids these days are all emulating Curry's game as their main example, the same way a generation of kids grew up trying to play like MJ.

So no, this random park kid probably won't make it, but somewhere out there right now there are a shit ton of kids practicing 3s and Curry's moves. We already have massive guys like Durant and Anthony Davis able to knock down 3s consistently. Imagine if every kid trains to shoot 35 footers at a knockdown rate.

We are going to be seeing things never thought possible on the basketball court when the Curry generation matures and starts entering the NBA.

he's probably wondering why you'd shoot a man

before throwing him out of a plane

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

OP just made up a fictional story about leaving his basement to support this thread, there was no kid or screens bro, just mountain dew

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    I was setting moving screens for this dude 6-8 feet behind the line and he was just knocking down the open looks.
    FTFY

are you serious? people have been practicing 3's and handles forever.. Curry doesn't even have the best handles in the NBA.

the game is moving towards 3 point shots and every position will be better at them in the future. this isn't really the Curry effect. this is Curry's 7th year in the league and he is just now attempting double digit three's per game. I'd say the league is have more of an effect on Curry than he is having on the league.

OP plays basketball with little kids. b

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

OP_

how playground/ alley ball rules

When I played if you took a jumper your were a weak a$$ baller,,, always always always had to take it to the rack and man up.

Weak a$$ ballers now days.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    OP just made up a fictional story about leaving his basement to support this thread, there was no kid or screens bro, just mountain dew

Here you go! Stay green

5-time NBA All-Star

But it is possible he's moving screens around in his windows

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar