Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: [WOJ BOMB] Khris Middleton will only resign with Bucks if he gets 5 years 190 million

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    A max player in 2019 is like....Sean Elliot.

Wesley Matthews had a max contract(his max from 2015). And Otto Porter. Whiteside. Harrison Barnes. Batum. Chandler Parsons. Enes Kanter.

Theres like 35-40 of these guys at any given time who would get max money on the open market. Jamal Murray is gonna tax the **** outta Denver.
    Interested to know...would you bring back Middleton or let him walk?

Default Re: [WOJ BOMB] Khris Middleton will only resign with Bucks if he gets 5 years 190 million

re-sign

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

As a team that can win a title....and watched the best team in the NBA lose its best player for next year...and the team that beat them could have its best player walk?

You kinda have to run it back for a year or two. Try to win....try to get Giannis to sign back...if he doesnt? You can flip him in his last year and Middleton both for rebuilding pieces. His deal wont look so bad under the new cap. Can move him like Memphis just did Conley. People called that untradeable when it was signed. League just had to catch up.

All star...your #2....when Giannis said this in the past?

If the time comes... because the NBA is business... Even my team, the Bucks, they might say to me: "Giannis we have not won the title after five years. You are our leader, so why we don't win?" And they will bring another guy. They might do this move. We have to win a championship with my team. For sure the right moves should be made in order for this to happen. Nobody won a championship by himself. You have to get the right players. The front office and the general manager have to do their work too. Everyone has to work. Everyone has to work on his part in order to win a championship.

If I do my part and some others don't, then a change would have to happen... If this change does not happen, then, the Bucks can move forward without me, or I can move on without the Bucks.

And with the title even more up for grabs than usual next year?

I say pay him....try to win...if you dont? Throw the whole team away in 2 years.*

*If Giannis wont sign back that is.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    As a team that can win a title....and watched the best team in the NBA lose its best player for next year...and the team that beat them could have its best player walk?

You kinda have to run it back for a year or two. Try to win....try to get Giannis to sign back...if he doesnt? You can flip him in his last year and Middleton both for rebuilding pieces. His deal wont look so bad under the new cap. Can move him like Memphis just did Conley. People called that untradeable when it was signed. League just had to catch up.

All star...your #2....when Giannis said this in the past?

And with the title even more up for grabs than usual next year?

I say pay him....try to win...if you dont? Throw the whole team away in 2 years.
    Agreed.

I think the real tough thing for this team will be to try and flip Bledsoe and or Snell for something that actually helps in the playoffs.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

first thing i thought of when I read the title...

https://youtu.be/3XGAmPRxV48

That is insane. This day in age, 20 million a year for a player like him is acceptable. Probably not much more than that.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

George Hill makes 19 million. 66 people make over 17 million.

20 million isn

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    I'm all about getting yourself well-paid, but come on man, be realistic. "If you won't pay me my 5-year max, then I'm gonna go somewhere else that can't pay as much." Just get the hell out, man
    And we

[QUOTE=Hotlantadude81]And we

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

No one's asking for a source? Just believe any post someone tags as WOJBOMB?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    source....???

Just go to his twitter

He wants a 5 year max from the Bucks.That's what the 5-year max is for a player in his situation

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    He'd get his 4 year max from a number of other teams. The Mavericks I bet would give it to him.

I'm not saying the Bucks should for sure do it, but they are at risk here if they don't improve if they let him go because Giannis only has 2 years left...

The Bledsoe contract is a real killer here as he's not adding much to the team in terms of winning the title...and I don't think he'd be easy to trade...and I think they can't even trade him until October or something because of the extension.

Bledsoe isn't bad, but he's just not what the Bucks need if the goal is winning the title.
    Perhaps, but the Bucks don't have the same cap-space as other likely suitors. Lopez, Mirotic, and Brogdon need to be re-signed or replaced this off-season, and signing Middleton to the maximum would inflexibilize us greatly for doing so.

I want them to re-sign Middleton to keep our title-contention chances intact, but those chances will be similarly jeopardized without other moves this off-season. There'll be tax overages to pay off if they grant Middleton this contract and try to field enough sharpshooters to complement Giannis (or compensate for his shooting deficiencies), so I hope the FO is willing to bite that bullet if push comes to shove.

Agreed about Bledsoe's contract. I don't think he or Middleton are worth the maximum contract; however, I definitely would've preferred the latter in that dilemma. A title is still winnable with him, but his decision-making has been too inimical, to say the least, in the playoffs to be a viable second option.
    Last edited by Naero; 06-20-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    Not sure why you're suggesting it's apocryphal. It's been posted on his Twitter as stated above, and it's even headlined on the official NBA website.

Woj is one of the most widely followed reporters there is, so I'm sure someone would've impugned this thread by now if he didn't authenticate it himself.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naero
    Not sure why you're suggesting it's apocryphal. It's been posted on his Twitter as stated above, and it's even headlined on the official NBA website.

Woj is one of the most widely followed reporters there is, so I'm sure someone would've impugned this thread by now if he didn't authenticate it himself.
    Not the point. Are you new here? Plenty of ppl post trash fake news threads that are believable. Why should we just believe them? Or go check twitter ourselves? And I already knew this about Middleton. Still a trash OP not to cite anything.

Bucks ****ed up signing Bledsoe to that contract so early

If they just waited it out it'd have been easier