Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Are Kyrie, Steph, and Steve Nash the only elite ball handlers and shooters?

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Yet you base this on one Playoff run, where he's taken about 4 of those shots in the mid-range. Why did you not include the 3-point one, maybe because he shot 62.5% on those?

It's just the smallest sample size possible, using that to say that he's not an all-time shooter is just flat out dishonest.
    When NBA.com gets their prior year's stats back online, I'll post prior years for Curry

I'm sure he shoots poorly on contested mid-range his whole career.

Banned

Default Re: Are Kyrie, Steph, and Steve Nash the only elite ball handlers and shooters?

stockton?

price?

billups?

CP3?

harden?

Bibby?

Crawford?

kidd? ( 2nd half of career )

theres probly a bunch

wtf lol... the cut off can't be some 50/40/90 club either cause he has kyrie in there

or does OP only count street ball moves as handles

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Shiiiit....if we counting Mike Bibby....

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Shiiiit....if we counting Mike Bibby....
    Chris Paul

If Kyrie is included then so should CP3.

In his prime shot 48/38/88, with only 2.4 turnovers (despite getting 10 assists) over 11 seasons.

In one season, he shot over 50% from midrange, 40% from 3 and 90% from the line, with a 4.4 assist to turnover ratio. Then in the playoffs he shot 51/42/94.

I don't know what happened to him this season, but he used to shoot lights out.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Obviously Chris Paul can shoot but in discussions on best shooters ever I don

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

yea, but nash and kyrie dont play off ball exceptionally. They spot up a bit, maybe a curl her and there, but they arent running absurd amounts of route trees.

Thats the dimension along with the handles, and shooting that is making Curry the GOAT offensive force.

Shooting 37% from 3 is good, but not elite. There are plenty of guys who can shoot well with good handles but elite at both is a different discussion.

Very good NBA starter

Mark price was curry like in the days...

Chris Jackson too

Well I'd put Lillard at that list. How about guys like Arenas, Kemba, D'angelo?

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    3ball on a full Curry meltdown
    Right

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Well I'd put Lillard at that list. How about guys like Arenas, Kemba, D'angelo?

Tier 2 for Lillard....maybe 3 or 4 for the other guys. I'd put CP3 in tier 2 as well.

One thing all great shooters seem to have in common is shooting around 90% from the foul line. If a guy is shooting below 85% from the line then typically they aren't an elite jump shooter.
    Last edited by tontoz; 05-21-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    yea, but nash and kyrie dont play off ball exceptionally. They spot up a bit, maybe a curl her and there, but they arent running absurd amounts of route trees.

Thats the dimension along with the handles, and shooting that is making Curry the GOAT offensive force.

Off the ball movement should would be a good topic on it's own, but not that relevant to this one.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Slayer
    Right
    It's not my fault that Curry is a bad contested jumpshooter by rarely shooting contested threes (80% of Curry's threes are open), and shooting very poorly on contested mid-range

Dunking on everybody in the park Gougou's Avatar

ehh why didn't pass to ibaka for easy dunk?