Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Magic: I traded Zubac and it was my fault we didn't resign Brook Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    but but but Lebron doe
    Ay mannnn, I fell for it too. I praised him when we picked up Bronny small dick and here I am eating crow.

Default Re: Magic: I traded Zubac and it was my fault we didn't resign Brook Lopez

for the laker fans belaboring magic for not signing brook, did you see him being a sharpshooter he became in Milwaukee? Yeah he could shoot 3s in LA but he wasnt exactly chris bosh

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    for the laker fans belaboring magic for not signing brook, did you see him being a sharpshooter he became in Milwaukee? Yeah he could shoot 3s in LA but he wasnt exactly chris bosh
    Brook was stupid wet in LA just like he is in Milwaukee, for a center that is. Milwaukee he shoots 36.5% while in LA he shot 34.5%.

Point is, you can't go wrong signing Brook to the minimum. But that's just one mistake, it's the fact that he ACTUALLY wanted all the power while only being there once a month. Even Andrew Bogut talked about how he never saw Magic...

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Brook was stupid wet in LA just like he is in Milwaukee, for a center that is. Milwaukee he shoots 36.5% while in LA he shot 34.5%.

Point is, you can't go wrong signing Brook to the minimum. But that's just one mistake, it's the fact that he ACTUALLY wanted all the power while only being there once a month. Even Andrew Bogut talked about how he never saw Magic...
    The difference is he's shooting 2% better on 2 more attempts per game than he shot in LA. He's a much improved shooter.

The difference is he's shooting 2% better on 2 more attempts per game than he shot in LA. He's a much improved shooter.
    Much improved?? Oh dude. Bro, go find a vest with a bunch of pockets. Put it on and take a hike.

Your logic would make sense if he went from 1 attempt to 3 attempts, but in LA he was already attempting 4.5 threes per game. If that's not enough volume for you to determine if he's a good three point shooter....then idk what to tell you.

In LA, we needed him down low as well since we didn't have Giannis bodying the paint like Milwaukee does. Because of this, only (ONLY...) 40% of Lopez's attempted field goals came from beyond the ark. In Milwaukee, literally 67% of all his field goals came from beyond the ark. That's why he attempted more 3's.

He became a much improved 3 point shooter in 2016, ever since then he's been shooting roughly the same percentage (34.6%, 34.5%, 36.5%).

During the 17-18 season, the only centers to make more threes than Brook Lopez were KAT and Dirk. That's it.

Knowing that Lebron needs a stretch big to be effective....yes, it was a no brainer to keep Lopez on the team at the MLE!

Super Handsome East River Livn''s Avatar

He traded away a good young back to the basket backup center for Mike Muscala because of spacing. Brook's shooting is just as good as Muscala but with better defense and intangibles. If Magic wanted spacing why didn't he just keep Lopez?

If he wanted a stretch 5, why didn't he keep Thomas Bryant? Kid ended up starting 53 games for the Wizards out of 72 and averaged 10.5ppg/6.3rpg/1 block on 62% shooting and 33% from three, as well as being a solid free throw shooter for a big man.

We went from Lopez/Zubac/Bryant (all starters now) to Mcgee/Chandler/Muscala

Quote Originally Posted by theballerFKA Ace
    Naw Magic traded the bad contract and future all-star DLo for the 27th pick and Brook which he didn't want to resign for cheap. It was Jesse Buss who snagged them Kuz. Jesse Buss isn't even 30 yet but is already one of the best, if not the best, draft talent evaluators in the NBA.
    Russell is a tad bit overrated here. He was a terrible locker room presence and didn't play much defense, I saw the all-star potential with how the league was becoming a 3-point shooting contest, but the trade opened up so much for us in terms of salary cap and having a pick to draft Kuzma in the first place.

Jesse can be a great scout, but we don't have the opportunity to draft Kuz without the pick. We had to give up someone to make cap space and Jeannie wanted us to draft Lonzo so D'lo wasn't going to fit with our roster anyway.

Overall he did his job well enough IMO. He was hired to be the President short-term to attract Lebron and other FAs while Pelinka learned the ropes and they were slowly pushing him out of there, so I get why he left after just two seasons.

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Dudes are still overblowing D'angeslow.. incredible.

He puts up 21 points on 19 SHOTS... please he is an inefficient chucker. Does it suck that we lost him as an asset? Yes. But it had to be done due to the idiots handing out big contracts to scrubs.

Magic knew we were not going to be able to hang onto Zubac so he moved him for a piece that in theory would help us. Though as Lebron activated "playoff mode" we unraveled and it didn't matter.

People forget that we were in line for a ring THIS season if PG13 wasn't an emotional dumbass... Magic was doing great. Yep he didn't resign Lopez. Wow one mistake... Compare that to the previous clowns in charge.. and that is nothing in comparison.