Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Has anybody ever been more productive per. 100 poss. than Lebron?

guys... I was just checking that bball-reference new stat and was just wondering if you think/know somebody was more productive than Lebron per 100 poss (just so happens to be Lebron being that productive, thats the bad part apparently, not my fault).... considering there is no ranking in that department we have to seek manually, so, just a bit of help..

Until then, Lebron has been i guess the most productive player per 100 poss. since 1973.... no need to hate guys, not my fault...
    Last edited by pauk; 06-22-2014 at 04:51 PM.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

OP is the most delusional poster on ISH

I saw a gay couple kissing and groping each other in a public park. And that was the gayest thing I've ever seen until I saw Pauk's posts.

Good High School Starter

Michael Jordan, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Ian Mahimi (2006) 49.4 ppg, 11.8 rpg, 2.4 apg, 9.4 bpg.
    Not this garbage again

Minutes Played -> 3.8

Per 100 Team poss. is the most reasonable tool we have available. That said, LeBron stats are inflated (NBA's ban in hand-checking, weak Eastern conference)

Last edited by Anaximandro1; 06-22-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Lets see if somebody can find a more productive overall season by a player... go! :)
    Barkley's numbers are crazy per 100 poss. He has several 16, 17, 18+ rebound seasons. I remember he was trying to be the oldest player to win the rebounding title, and it shows in those last few years.

I'm not a big fan of TS%, but I know a lot of the young people on here are, so I've included it down here.

LeBron's career Per 100 Poss stats:
    36.7/9.3/9.7/2.3/1.2 (.581%)

Barkley's career Per 100 Poss stats:
    30.2/15.9/5.4/2.1/1.1/(.612 TS %)

Jordan's career Per 100 Poss stats:
    40.4/8.3/7.0/3.1/1.1/(.569 TS%)

Magic's career Per 100 Poss stats:
    25.4/9.4/14.5/2.5/.5 (.610 TS%)

Karl Malone's career Per 100 Poss stats:
    34.4/13.9/4.9/1.9/1.1 (.577 TS%)

The usual suspects are as productive as you'd imagine.

Banned

Its a very flawed stat in that it doesnt factor in fatigue etc, I don't imagine LeBron or anyone else would be averaging that type of production every 100 possesions.

Pauk are you back to trolling again?

3-time NBA All-Star

at the end of the day, productivity means nothing if you cant fit. Thats why reggie miller impacts the game more than robertson. Thats why bran is 2/5 w/ superior teammates while jordan is 6/6

Bill Walton...

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Its a very flawed stat in that it doesnt factor in fatigue etc, I don't imagine LeBron or anyone else would be averaging that type of production every 100 possesions.
    Anyone else such as, say, Wilt Chamberlain? Or Elgin Baylor? They played many more possessions, and did average absolutely insane numbers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    Anyone else such as, say, Wilt Chamberlain? Or Elgin Baylor? They played many more possessions, and did average absolutely insane numbers.
    Do you see LeBron doing it? The way he paces himself, I dont see him averaging insane numbers.

There are a few exceptions to the rule of course, but they are special cases.

He could hold himself back in the points column, but he'd still handle the ball a lot so his assists if anything might go up compared to per 100 expectations.

Say 35-36 points, 12-13 assists and 11 rebounds.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    He could hold himself back in the points column, but he'd still handle the ball a lot so his assists if anything might go up compared to per 100 expectations.

Say 35-36 points, 12-13 assists and 11 rebounds.
    The points column is where I see it being way too inflated yes, I agree with you on the assists and rebounds.

But as I said, this stat is way too flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Ian Mahimi (2006) 49.4 ppg, 11.8 rpg, 2.4 apg, 9.4 bpg.
    35 PER 66%TS.

GOAT

College star

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    guys... I was just checking that bball-reference new stat and was just wondering if you think/know somebody was more productive than Lebron per 100 poss (just so happens to be Lebron being that productive, thats the bad part apparently, not my fault).... considering there is no ranking in that department we have to seek manually, so, just a bit of help..

Until then, Lebron has been i guess the most productive player per 100 poss. since 1973.... no need to hate guys, not my fault...
    Hey pauk, can you explain to us obviously lesser minds how injury-ridden and out of shape Shaq was the best player in 2003 over peak Duncan?

We'll wait

Good High School Starter

We need to distinguish between players whose stats are inflated because their teams play at a high pace (Larry Bird)

and players whose stats are the result of a combination of exceptionally high usage rate with extraordinary efficiency (Michael Jordan)

Per 100 Team poss. is the best tool available.

PF/C