Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN: NBA Players Performance Overseas Already Damaging NBA Brand

Quote Originally Posted by Miserio
    Your post didn't have anything to do with what I post. I said he's 1 million times better than 2 TIMES MVP ANTHONY PARKER. What can you say about that?
    I can say that Rose would probably get cut within 2 weeks from any top level Euroleague club.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    I can say that Rose would probably get cut within 2 weeks from any top level Euroleague club.
    That's a bit too much...

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    It could be said Parker's game is better suited for FIBA ball, where Rose could have problems considering his weak shot.
    Of course, nobody can prove this, so why bother?
    Because he is a troll. That's why. He is trying to derail this thread by trolling with things like pics of Parker, and things that have literally nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Which is NBA players being extremely overrated and no better than the ones in Europe, per ESPN and American Coach Thorpe.

That's a bit too much...
    So name me which big Euroleague club would tolerate a ball hogging, no defense playing, chuck happy, extremely turnover prone, shoot first "point guard" that cannot shoot, cannot properly run the pick and roll, and that cannot pass............

Which coach of a top Euroleague club would be up for this as their lead guard?

Ivkovic?

Pascual?

Obradovic?

Ivanovic?

I am interested to know.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-15-2011 at 04:59 AM.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Default Re: ESPN: NBA Player's Performance Overseas Already Damaging NBA Brand

DeJuan Blair should have got MVP.

So name me which big Euroleague club would tolerate a ball hogging, no defense playing, chuck happy, extremely turnover prone, shoot first "point guard" that cannot shoot, cannot properly run the pick and roll, and that cannot pass............

Which coach of a top Euroleague club would be up for this as their lead guard?

Pascual?

Obradovic?

Ivanovic?

I am interested to know.
    Laso plays these two at PG.

Don't get me wrong, Llull is a good player, but as a PG? A piece of crap

Laso plays these two at PG.

Point taken.........although at least Llull can shoot.

So Rose could play in Real. Probably right about that one. I don't see any other big club tolerating him though.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

I guess here is DeJuan's Stats...

16/7/1 on 62% FG

Not bad. only plays 20 minutes a game too

http://www.eurobasket.com/team.asp?C...am=1756&Page=3

Guess Euroleague is easier if he can do so much better.

Because he is a troll. That's why. He is trying to derail this thread by trolling with things like pics of Parker, and things that have literally nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Which is NBA players being extremely overrated and no better than the ones in Europe, per ESPN and American Coach Thorpe.
    No I'm not. The image proves that if a scrub like Anthony Parker is a 2 time MVP in europe that means the NBA is still the best league in the world by far. BY FAR. The Blair thing is just a particular case.

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain

16/7/1 on 62% FG

Those were not Euroleague games. Is it that hard to understand how European competitions work?

Very good NBA starter

Eh. I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs FO - under the table - actually encouraged or were ok with Blair playing overseas. They're a very international organization... he's got some weight issues and some competitive basketball might not hurt a player of his body type. could be wrong of course. maybe blair is on such a small NBA contract (and compared to 90% of the league, it is tiny), he's desperate for cash.

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain

16/7/1 on 62% FG

He didn't play in Euroleague.

These are his game logs:

FIBA EuroChallenge (two levels below Euroleague):

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...amID_3123.html

Russian League (mid-level European national domestic league):

http://www.pbleague.ru/en/players/352

Once again, he did NOT play in Euroleague. And his game logs are not exactly setting the world on fire, considering the level of competition.

You mean like how people here call Sabonis Euroleague MVP, even though the actual season MVP award did not even exist then.......

Whatever.

You mean like how people already tried to derail this thread with Parker.....winning an award that the fans vote online for and that the voters of the media have to pick based on TEAM play and not individual play?

No one is talking about anyone else. This is a convo between you and me.

Stop trying to bring other unsupported views into the equation.

Voting for an MVP based off of team play (solely) is dumb as rocks).

Those were not Euroleague games. Is it that hard to understand how European competitions work?
    For the vast majority of American NBA only fans, yes. They still keep saying Deron Williams plays in Euroleague. If a guy plays in Swedish League, they call it "Euroleague". They simply refuse to acknowledge that there is only one Euroleague, and instead count all European leagues as "the Euroleague".

Even after you explain it to them about 100 times.
    I guess it is because of how US sports leagues work, they just assume that there is one single closed league in all of Europe and that every single player in Europe......plays in "Euroleague".

It's pathetic I know, but that's obviously how the vast majority of American NBA only fans view European basketball. Everything, even a domestic game in Austria, or a second division game in Belgium, is "Euroleague".
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-15-2011 at 05:27 AM.