Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Lightbulb Infamous Second Son

Just bought it for $40 bucks thanks to the 10% PSN membership discount! Never played any of the previous games before, so no idea about the story other than having superpowers Will write up a review when it is done downloading (20GB )

Default Re: Infamous Second Son

I played an hour and a half earlier.

I like it so far.

Banned

500 word review please

Finished the intro, I will be a hero! Graphics are ****ing gorgeous and the controls are pretty good, they are actually using the motion control and touchscreen function

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    500 word review please
    This is pretty devoid of spoilers but I do talk about enemies that you fight. No plot line reveals, character power reveals, enemy power reveals, or anything of that sort.

Just finished freeing the first district of Seattle you arrive in. I think the motion controls/touchpad are kinda lame for this game. I really only like the touchpad for moving around on a map or to bring up a menu/map or something like that. You swipe it to perform certain actions in this game, or press it to drain stuff to recharge your power(s). (one of these things you use the touchpad for is really cool and really ****ing annoying at the same damn time).

But that's the only thing so far that has been either annoying or disappointing. The gameplay is pretty good, not perfect but pretty close to ideal. Combat flows well if you are fighting less than 10 enemies or so. Anymore and it becomes pretty chaotic. Because you can take a lot of damage depending on what you're fighting. For example, I finished a fight where two tanks with turrets on top were shooting at me, several snipers, several regular enemies, and an enemy I won't name because it could be viewed as a spoiler. You run out of power slightly faster than you should when fighting big groups, so I basically would run fight a few guys and run around wind up killing three. Go hide in a corner. Then run around again until I finally finished the fight.

What's really shining so far is the storyline and writing. The story is very very good. The writing is spot on. Has some pretty solid character development for basically only playing two or so hours. Has a good sense of humor, and some very good cut scenes. One of the few games that has perfect pacing for cut scenes actually. It is by no means a movie game (like Uncharted), but it definitely is cut scene friendly. The graphics are top notch. Probably the best I have seen on the PS4. If not it is second only to 2k.

The controls are pretty solid. There's no wonky mashing techniques or anything. Each button has a function for a power basically. Some of the stuff is things we have seen in previous games (in terms of effects not the power itself). If I had a complaint here it would be that you do get kind of overexposed to moves early. One of the first missions basically amounts to getting four new moves in under 45 minutes real life time. The game does remind you though of how to use the more powerful ones though, which is a good thing

The day one patch adds some extra content, and they are going to keep doing that on a regular basis which is nice as well.

Overall I would say the game is on pace to get at least an eight out of ten in my book.

^^^^501.
    Last edited by Rose; 03-22-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Is it as good as the first 2 games of the series?

The first part is. I'm not that deep into it yet.

Give me a week, or wait for someone else to give you a better idea on that. I try to take my time with the single player only games, and collect everything I can and do everything possible in one area before I move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Is it as good as the first 2 games of the series?
    Much better than number 2 for sure. Not that I didn't like 2, but it wasn't as good as 1 imo. Personally I would say this is the best game of the series. It's a blast switching between powers. Don't like to spoil things, but power 2 is amazeballs.

Also it feels like the world is a lot bigger. Not to mention this is the only next gen game graphically. None of the others cone close, ryse can't hold a candle, and it was a hallway hack n slash compared to this open world masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Much better than number 2 for sure. Not that I didn't like 2, but it wasn't as good as 1 imo. Personally I would say this is the best game of the series. It's a blast switching between powers. Don't like to spoil things, but power 2 is amazeballs.

Also it feels like the world is a lot bigger. Not to mention this is the only next gen game graphically. None of the others cone close, ryse can't hold a candle, and it was a hallway hack n slash compared to this open world masterpiece.

Love it.

This game is amazing, been playing for hours! Getting the hang of my powers and I'm loving the story. Graphics are so ****ing gorgeous, there are times I just chill on a rooftop and enjoy the scenery. I love the fact that the crowd take pictures of DUP soldiers that were subdued, pretty funny

Anyways, I'm on the path of being a hero and enjoying it so far! It feels great having the choice to just knock out enemies instead of executing them and helping out dying civilians. My powers are getting stronger and I'm getting a bit more creative with my fighting style! This game is the bomb!!!

I'm curious what the second power will be

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1

Nice!!!!! Gonna go buy today then.

Beat the infamous playthrough todag, if I had to put a tine stamp on it I would call ot roughly 25 hours, but I did everything. All the shards, all the cameras, etc. I'm going to try and platinum it. Really pissed me off though. I turned the difficulty to expert right at the beginning, and It didn't save the choice, so I thought I was playing on expert to get the trophy until the end when I didnt get it, and checked after the credits. Now I made damn sure for the hero play lol.

Power 3 is kind of lame imo, and after getting power 4, I realized it really sucked. Still if delsin could do what the guy mentions in one of the audio logs, and broke into that conduit prison. Mother of god that would be an amazing game.

Question, could anyone get papertrail to work?

Paper trail is down right now. If you got an account made on the site already you're at least gonna get it to work soon. If not...who knows? The servers are overcapacity on both ends.

I tried for like 15 minutes today to get it to work just kept walking back to the start of the mission-nada.

y'all finish so fvcking fast, jesus

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I just got this late Saturday. Haven't played it much. Made it through the intro and cleared the first segment of the city. So far it's been pretty enjoyable. I find the movement to be a little wonky.