Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 all time

Default Top 5 all time

Here's mine. I just don't see how performances like 2011 finals or Kobe in 2004 finals can get you into the top 5 all time. We are talking about the top 5 dogs to ever play the game and when you get to that level of distinguishing greatness, getting your ass handed to you in the finals removes you from consideration, PERIOD. Playoffs are one thing but if you got a team good enough to be in the finals, it's a whole different ball game.

1. MJ
    2. KAJ
    3. Magic
    4. Bird
    5. Duncan

And there you have it. Now we can argue positions 2-4, and we can even make an argument to replace Duncan at the #5 position, but guys like Lebron, Kobe, and Wilt aren't making the cut for top 5 all time. Me and Kblaze are some of the most unbiased posters on this site but Kobe is NOT top 5 and neither is Lebron or Wilt. You can't choke that bad in the finals and expect to be ranked in the same teir as the 5 guys above. There's little room for error and those 3 wannabe's don't make the cut. I don't give a shit who your fav player is. This is top 5 all time we are talking about here and the talk is most certainly real.

Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

Default Re: Top 5 all time

Keeping Wilt, LeBron, and Kobe out of the top 5 is fair.

why doesn't Shaq have a case for top 5 then? I think most people have him over Duncan at least. Having arguably the greatest peak of all time is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    why doesn't Shaq have a case for top 5 then? I think most people have him over Duncan at least. Having arguably the greatest peak of all time is huge.
    Did you read the part where I said arguments can't be made for removing Duncan out of the top 5 slot? It's not arguable that Shaq is the greatest peak player of all time, he is HANDS DOWN the greatest peak player of all time. It was SICK peak level dominance that he displayed. So if you want to value peak level play and make a case that it's worthy of that 5th spot, you won't get an argument from me.

Shaq peak is like Tmac 03 peak on roids.

My top 5:

1. Mike
    2. Magic
    3. Wilt
    4. Bron
    5. KAJ

Another ranking thread. How original.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner
    At least it's not a 'What if Lebron, Magic, Wilt , Kobe and Jordan played together, how many rings do they win?' thread.

Decent playground baller

LMAO, 12Be fans have resorted to taking Lebron down with Kobe.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by jrjim
    LMAO, 12Be fans have resorted to taking Lebron down with Kobe.

KAJ
    MJ
    Russel
    Wilt
    Magic

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Here's mine. I just don't see how performances like 2011 finals or Kobe in 2004 finals can get you into the top 5 all time. We are talking about the top 5 dogs to ever play the game and when you get to that level of distinguishing greatness, getting your ass handed to you in the finals removes you from consideration, PERIOD. Playoffs are one thing but if you got a team good enough to be in the finals, it's a whole different ball game.

1. MJ
    2. KAJ
    3. Magic
    4. Bird
    5. Duncan

And there you have it. Now we can argue positions 2-4, and we can even make an argument to replace Duncan at the #5 position, but guys like Lebron, Kobe, and Wilt aren't making the cut for top 5 all time. Me and Kblaze are some of the most unbiased posters on this site but Kobe is NOT top 5 and neither is Lebron or Wilt. You can't choke that bad in the finals and expect to be ranked in the same teir as the 5 guys above. There's little room for error and those 3 wannabe's don't make the cut. I don't give a shit who your fav player is. This is top 5 all time we are talking about here and the talk is most certainly real.
    See, i dont mind any crazy logic, even one as delusional as this... AS LONG AS YOU STICK WITH IT, because it will show even you yourself how stupid it is (and that you only have a stupid agenda).... and here you are clearly not sticking with it... For that to happen you will then have to also remove Magic, Bird, Duncan and KAJ.... all got their ass handed to them / underperformed in some Finals... heck someone like Bird had a back to back 8 point game in Finals averaging like 12 ppg getting carried while having Cedric winning the FMVP...

Your new top 5 should be:

1. MJ
    2. ? / nobody
    3. ? / nobody
    4. ? / nobody
    5. ? / nobody
    Last edited by pauk; 09-30-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner

My ranking

1. Michael Jordan
    2. LeBron James
    3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    4. Magic Johnson
    5. Bill Russell

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    See, i dont mind any crazy logic, even one as delusional as this... AS LONG AS YOU STICK WITH IT, because it will show even you yourself how stupid it is (and that you only have a stupid agenda).... and here you are clearly not sticking with it... For that to happen you will then have to also remove Magic, Bird, Duncan and KAJ.... all got their ass handed to them / underperformed in some Finals... heck someone like Bird had a back to back 8 point game in Finals averaging like 12 ppg getting carried while having Cedric winning the FMVP...

Your new top 5 should be:

1. MJ
    2. ? / nobody
    3. ? / nobody
    4. ? / nobody
    5. ? / nobody
    How can he have gotten his ass handed to him if his team won? Props to Bird for being unselfish

Serious playground baller Annyong!'s Avatar

Russell needs to be top 5.