Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Brazilian rookie Bruno Caboclo says only players he knew were Jordan and Kobe

Yep Kobe and Jordan, two niguhz who didn't need to cheat to win rings.

Default Re: Brazilian rookie Bruno Caboclo says only players he knew were Jordan and Kobe

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    I'm Brazilian so I can talk about it. NBA isn't very popular here, the games are only on cable TV so there's people who don't know the players but I think that Lebron is very known specially because he played on the Olympics.
    Well, I'm also brazilian and I think you are way off when you say Lebron is "very known". The common brazilian has never heard of Lebron James or Kobe Bryant. Most (not tha many) who knows anything about basketball would probably only know Jordan and even him is not that famous like soccer players or even like Mike Tyson (yep, Tyson is much more famous than MJ here).

Lebron, Kobe, those guys are well known only among brazilian rich boys. Even old rich people has never heard of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen1
    Lebron is not well known here in brasil, can confirm it.

Besides Jordan, Kobe is only player any casual sport fan will remember.
    same as in norway.

well most have heard of Jordan, Kobe, Shaq and Iverson

Made that high school varsity squad Booz Vivic's Avatar

Who knew LeBron in like 2006? No one. He didnt become famous until 2010.

Great college starter

LOL @ people talking "I can confirm he's not known in Brazil"while I just posted an article with Brazilians talking about how popular he is in Brazil

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    LOL @ people talking "I can confirm he's not known in Brazil"while I just posted an article with Brazilians talking about how popular he is in Brazil
    That article is BS. And even if it wasn't, Rio de Janeiro is not Brazil. The country is bigger than continental U.S. Lebron is unknown in Brazil. Most who know him are young high middle class and rich men. The same with Kobe. Jordan is famous (But not compared to the fame of soccer players) because people know him as the "Pele of basketball).

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    That article is BS. And even if it wasn't, Rio de Janeiro is not Brazil. The country is bigger than continental U.S. Lebron is unknown in Brazil.
    Go tell that to the Brazilians in the article

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen1
    Lebron is not well known here in brasil, can confirm it.

Besides Jordan, Kobe is only player any casual sport fan will remember.
    Straight from the horse's mouth.