Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Default Re: Why do people just assume that replacing westbrook with Rondo will work better?...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    AND HERE IT IS!

90% of your threads are Rondo-bashing or similar, you're never in GTs, that's a bare faced lie and you know it.

It's almost impossible to be a defensive stopper at the point, Rondo gambles but the rules dictate you can't stay in front of a point guard for a whole possesssion in today's NBA whoever you are (Avery Bradley probably gets the closest).

I don't think Rondo for WB would ever be on the table, and with the two so similar in value I don't think it would happen either way.
    So much truth in this.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Default Re: Why do people just assume that replacing westbrook with Rondo will work better?...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    AND HERE IT IS!

90% of your threads are Rondo-bashing or similar, you're never in GTs, that's a bare faced lie and you know it.

It's almost impossible to be a defensive stopper at the point, Rondo gambles but the rules dictate you can't stay in front of a point guard for a whole possesssion in today's NBA whoever you are (Avery Bradley probably gets the closest).

I don't think Rondo for WB would ever be on the table, and with the two so similar in value I don't think it would happen either way.
    Shut the f**k up...you dont get to tell me who my team is. I dont post in here all too often, and when I do it's on this general board on topics...never in ANY game thread.. I do most of my sports posting on Facebook in a sports group. I've never been a fan of Rondo, him being on my team doesn't mean i have to be a fan of his...Just because you have a celtics avatar doesnt make you anymore of a fan... Fallback...my fanhood doesn't make me blind like a lot of celtic fans out there that think ROndo is some God...He is/was always made by the big 3 and has been exposed.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Bitch did you just say that Rondo isn't a better defender than WB?
    He isn't.

Who would be OKC's second scoring option with no Westbrook? Ibaka? Ibaka as the second option isn't winning shit.

Banned

There is a Celtic fan that is bashing Rondo in this thread???

This is the same dude that lead us to game 7 against the Heat while the big 3 were broken down. Yes they made him who he was but it takes a special kind of person to be able to step up and answer the call.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    There is a Celtic fan that is bashing Rondo in this thread???

This is the same dude that lead us to game 7 against the Heat while the big 3 were broken down. Yes they made him who he was but it takes a special kind of person to be able to step up and answer the call.
    Nah, there isn't. He's not a Celtics fan.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    Shut the f**k up...you dont get to tell me who my team is. I dont post in here all too often, and when I do it's on this general board on topics...never in ANY game thread.. I do most of my sports posting on Facebook in a sports group. I've never been a fan of Rondo, him being on my team doesn't mean i have to be a fan of his...Just because you have a celtics avatar doesnt make you anymore of a fan... Fallback...my fanhood doesn't make me blind like a lot of celtic fans out there that think ROndo is some God...He is/was always made by the big 3 and has been exposed.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=292899
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=250326
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=285882
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=249596
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=282162
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=27

It's basically all you're on the NBA forum for

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    Rondo can guard his own position better than almost any point active today.
    No he can't. You're guessing. Rondo is a slightly above average defender.
    The best defenders who mainly play point guard currently in the NBA:
    - Kirk Hinrich
    - Kyle Lowry
    - John Wall
    - Kemba Walker

That's the end of the list. And if you want to include non-point guards, you can include Avery Bradley. That's it, that's your list of top level point guard defenders.

Westbrook and Rondo both are around average.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    He isn't.

Who would be OKC's second scoring option with no Westbrook? Ibaka? Ibaka as the second option isn't winning shit.
    I'm not surprised you have another uninformed opinion. Rondo makes Westbrook look like Kyrie on Defense.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Rondo is overrated and I want him gone...so what's your point?...f*** outta here...he's 27 ...wont get any better ...trade him while he still has value.

I am your soldier!

Never posted in the Celtics forum or game threads, hates on Rondo... Yeah huge Celtic fan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    Rondo is overrated and I want him gone...so what's your point?...f*** outta here...he's 27 ...wont get any better ...trade him while he still has value.
    You are not a true Celtics fan if you can say stuff like this with a straight face, Rondo bleeds green, he is the essence of what being a Celtic is all about, he has heart, grit, killer instinct and is a complete boss on the court. You don't trade a player like that quickly, you look for the right deal or you keep him and put a team around him that he can work with.

What's up ripthekik?

I gotta admit, Rondo has gotten lazier on defense. He's no longer the young guy trying to prove that he belongs in the league nor is he bat shit insane like KG. But Rondo does play really good defense when he's challenged or on big games.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    You are not a true Celtics fan if you can say stuff like this with a straight face, Rondo bleeds green, he is the essence of what being a Celtic is all about, he has heart, grit, killer instinct and is a complete boss on the court. You don't trade a player like that quickly, you look for the right deal or you keep him and put a team around him that he can work with.
    I'd trade him for Marcus Smart and never look back.

Durant needs to re-learn how to play off the ball. Westbrook needs the ball in his hands to be effective. By the way low efficient chucking point/combo guard won't ever win an NBA championship in the modern NBA see Allen Iverson and Stephon Marbury.

Rondo would be a perfect starting point guard for the Bulls who are still winning games without Derrick Rose. They were 19-8 since the start of 2014.