Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    McCants is Available!!

Default Re: INT's Top 10 Shooting Guards In NBA History

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Take Oscar Robertson off the list and put Reggie Miller on it. If you're going to have Ray Allen on there you have to have Reggie.
    Explain.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20
    West is arguably a better scorer, undoubtley a better defender, a better passer, a better leader, more clutch in the playoffs, better season and playoff performer, has a ring, has had much more team success, more award accomplishment aside from the MVP, and the list goes on.

This isn't even close.
    Thats nice, but you should have added while playing with Elgin Baylor & Wilt Chamberlain in a Weak Era.

I'm sorry I had to do it but its the truth, I respect Jerry West's talent a lot but he played with 2 future HOFers his entire career and won only 1 NBA Championship during a time when the league was more fast paced and the talent level was not as high as it is now.

What Iverson accomplished as a 6'0 SG while playing almost every minute in a much stronger Era physically and talentwise, while never spending his career with the likes of Gail Goodrich,Wilt,and Elgin Baylor who were among the Elite at their time, for Iverson its simply amazing.

If Iverson wins a Title whether as a 6th Man or starter he automatically jumps to #3 in my opinion.

owwwww

Jerry West should be no higher or lower than 3. at putting Iverson over him, I'd take the other 9 before Iverson.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GP_20
    Any list with Iverson over West loses all credibility in an instant. It's like putting Nash over Oscar Robertson. Yes that's how stupid this is.
    Why would I do that, its not like Nash won 2 MVP's in what looks to be the Greatest Era of PG's in NBA History.

I have Robertson as a SG so I'm not going to entertain that thought.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Jerry West should be no higher or lower than 3. at putting Iverson over him, I'd take the other 9 before Iverson.
    Why would you even come in this thread and harp over that?

Seriously you have argued in every thread about Iverson, claiming he was underrated or inefficient or whatever else that helps you sleep at night knowing Iverson was a bum and thats what matters.

We all know you dont like Iverson, so why continue to harp over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    If you gave Iverson Baylor and Chamberlain and Goodrich they would get at least three titles. West was a great player but he had a fantasy team and could one only win one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    If you gave Iverson Baylor and Chamberlain and Goodrich they would get at least three titles. West was a great player but he had a fantasy team and couldnt get it done.
    This.

Thats my only knock on Jerry West, I never watched him play live but I know he was one of the greatest SG's in NBA History, but he played with Wilt, Elgin, & Goodrich and won just 1 NBA Title.

Maybe thats not all his fault, but the only sure HOFer Iverson played with was Dikembe for 1 1/2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    This.

Thats my only knock on Jerry West, I never watched him play live but I know he was one of the greatest SG's in NBA History, but he played with Wilt, Elgin, & Goodrich and won just 1 NBA Title.

Maybe thats not all his fault, but the only sure HOFer Iverson played with was Dikembe for 1 1/2 seasons.
    I really feel for AI, he finally got the chance to play with a healthier,deeper,better Denver team and then gets traded away to Detriot and Chauncey recieves all the credit for the improvements.

VC should be on the list. Imagine how great he would have been if he tried. Anyways, I am expecting a whole bunch of AI hate, as if he is unworthy of being on this list.
    Vince was/is and has always been a better player than Reggie Miller. Vince dogged it to force a trade from Toronto and people act like he accomplished nothing in his career. He did more as a 1st option than Ray Allen ever did, and Reggie really was not a 1st option in his career. He was a nice complimentary player, but not a true superstar that could be counted on to get his own shot, while being able to create for others.

Good High School Starter SmackOrH.A.K's Avatar

I didn't watch A LOT of 90's basketball but I wonder how Reggie Miller got so much hype? I mean he never won MVP, or and chips. He didn't have any dominant stats or anything. And I doubt he was as fun to watch as Jordan and Drexler or then Kobe, Vince, and AI. He played on a small market Indiana team and when he made the finals he wasn't the best player on his team.

If you look at his stats only, he reminds me of a present day Joe Johnson but it looks like Joe had better stats too.

That's a legit question, no hating.

Robertson imo is a SG, you can put him at either PG,SG,or SF to your hearts content.
    So can I rank Lebron among point guards?

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Vince was/is and has always been a better player than Reggie Miller. Vince dogged it to force a trade from Toronto and people act like he accomplished nothing in his career. He did more as a 1st option than Ray Allen ever did, and Reggie really was not a 1st option in his career. He was a nice complimentary player, but not a true superstar that could be counted on to get his own shot, while being able to create for others.
    I swear to GOD some of you must be 18 years old, people who only look at stats, or just plain idiots.......I don't feel like going into this, do a forum search....

Reggie wasn't a 1st option, lmfao, lmfao, and lmfao again.....I'm not coming back so don't bother.....Do a search....

Robertson imo is a SG, you can put him at either PG,SG,or SF to your hearts content.

You're an idiot, Dont spam my thread.
    Most people here agree that Oscar was not a SG:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44212

By your standards Oscar could be listed as a top 5 for all 3 positions? So does that mean that Magic Johnson could be a top 10 center cause he played the position before? Jordan a top 5 SF?

Players should only be eligible for one position in a list like this and Oscar would not be a SG if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    I swear to GOD some of you must be 18 years old, people who only look at stats, or just plain idiots.......I don't feel like going into this, do a forum search....

Reggie wasn't a 1st option, lmfao, lmfao, and lmfao again.....I'm not coming back so don't bother.....Do a search....
    You must be a booty hurt Pacer fan. Reggie was not considered an elite player during his prime for a reason. He wasn't. The highlight of his career were some All NBA 3rd Team selections, that were dubious at best. He never finished in the top 10 in MVP voting, and only has two top 20 finishes. Post-career Reggie has had his stock gassed, and he may reach the HOF because of that, when superior players at his position may never reach Springfield.

So are you saying that AI shouldnt be on the list?
    No

I respect AI and still think he should be 5-7 range.

But nowhere near West.