Page 126 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2676116123124125126127128129136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2487

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Philly is going to be in a really weird situation next season when they get Embiid back. Having Okafur, Noel, and him all on the same team just isn't going to work. I think Okafur eventually gets traded to bring in a good guard or another lottery pick.
    I think both Mike Conley and Rondo would be available in the summer and both can significantly help this team, Actually Rajon was available last summer too and it's not like they don't have the money to offer them. But based on what have they been doing, they would likely not even try.
    When they had MCW, the Bucks were willing to give away Brandon Knight who was averaging like 18 pts/game but they chose to pass on him for another pick.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

I can't see why a FA would want to go there right now lol.

Home of the 16

Good news, Phoenix won tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    And I can't understand why

Home of the 16

.... Gap?

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    I want to know your thoughts about Byron Scott putting in his most "trusted veterans" to battle the Knicks in the very "crucial 4th quarter".
    ?? teaching moment so his youngsters can watch from the sidelines when Lou and Kobe had back to back bricks in the last 2 minutes?

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Lakers draft Denzel Valentine

Yeah, I'm not sure what you mean by end up with a lower pick. It's 1-3. With one of the top 2 picks any team would be crazy to not pick Simmons or Ingram. They're clearly the top 2 players. I like Valentine, but he does seem to fill a very similar role as Clarkson and Russell do. Right now the Lakers really need help on the wing. Even if they landed the 3rd pick I would see them going with Jaylen Brown. He's a bit undersized for SF but he can play there. Dragan Bender might have a slightly higher ceiling but the Lakers have drafted PF's in the 1st round the past two years in a row so I can't see them doing that again. It's SF or C. There's definitely no C's that are good enough to draft in the top 3 so it's gotta be a wing player. They'll probably address the center position in free agency. I could see them trying to go after Whiteside. Even if they thought they were going to have a real good chance at bringing in Durant somehow I think they would still draft that position.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Should Kobe coach the Lakers next year?

I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk of the Lakers offering Kobe the head coaching job next year. Offer to make him the highest paid coach in the league right away and he might listen.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I want to know your thoughts about Byron Scott putting in his most "trusted veterans" to battle the Knicks in the very "crucial 4th quarter".
    ?? teaching moment so his youngsters can watch from the sidelines when Lou and Kobe had back to back bricks in the last 2 minutes?
    Honestly, it's seemed like a coach's (mental game) thing, when he saw D'LO not performing well in his first run as a starter--it seemed like D'Lo was lost, & so he wanted him out of the state of being in a rut. I didn't like the decision of removing him at first, but now I understand why he did it. It was a huge gamble, it would've stunted his growth or he would've learned from it by being more observant in his approach to the game. Whatever Byron's true intentions were, it certainly worked for D'Lo throughout the season. Less pressure, but it would've hurt him a lot if it did.

It's one of those things where I really would like to sit & talk to Byron, it would be great to ask him why he made those decisions. Who knows if he benched D'LO, was it because he just wasn't performing well & he's a terrible coach, or because he wanted to help him from the side, help him understand the game by being more observant, to ignite the fire. But if the latter one is what he said to the media, that would defeat the whole purpose. He likes to play mind games, it's what I noticed this season. He also stated that they ran new sets, he claims that it was what got D'Lo his career highs after career highs.

As for the Knicks game, I'm okay w/ Kobe late in 4th, not a fan of keeping the young guns on the bench. But then again, this might be a Byron thing, we'd maybe think otherwise though if it were Phil, but then, I'm not sure if Phil would make that decision. Not a fan of Williams, though he's been a huge help in comebacks in I'd say most of the time.

Man, I hope Kobe sticks around next season as an assistant coach, I would certainly love that. If he cares about the Lakers, he'd do it. But I guess it's time.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Should Kobe coach the Lakers next year?

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk of the Lakers offering Kobe the head coaching job next year. Offer to make him the highest paid coach in the league right away and he might listen.
    Kobe has said that he doesn't want to coach. He did mention today that he wasn't just going to sit back and do nothing. He said he would continue working forever. I'm guessing he's going to get a bunch of job offers from places like ESPN, TNT, etc. He'll be on tv doing some commentating. It's not like he would want to be the Lakers head coach right away anyhow (even if he wanted to coach). He of all people knows they aren't winning a championship soon. He'd be much better off waiting a few years and seeing how the rebuild goes.

Nick Young will be shopped again, but is there any takers for him?

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I saw that too. I'm not sure how much interest there is for him. Would a team even give up a 2nd rounder for him? You gotta figure 2nd rounders are really valuable with the cap rules. It would probably require taking on a contract to move him.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Yeah, I saw that too. I'm not sure how much interest there is for him. Would a team even give up a 2nd rounder for him? You gotta figure 2nd rounders are really valuable with the cap rules. It would probably require taking on a contract to move him.
    I wouldn't mind him back on the Clips if we get a 2nd with him, but wouldn't give up anything really. He was solid on both ends of the floor, and Paul-Blake-Doc should keep him in check.

Otherwise, it'll probably be for a TPE and a top 55 protected second.

My Laker Offseason

Don't hate

NBA lottery pick

It's not a bad idea. I think the key thing to this off season is the Lakers actually holding on to that draft pick.