Page 123 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2373113120121122123124125126133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2487
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Didn't the league just give the Sixers Jerry Colangelo? I would think if Philly lands that pick it's just as rigged lol.

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

We can't go down that conspiracy road because then anything that happens, we will find reasons to justify it as being rigged. It is just how somebody paranoid goes down the path of no return lol

Honestly, I just want the top 3 pick. I truly don't care where Philly ends up. That organization is worse than the Lakers under Jimmy Buss. They will never change. Wasting draft after draft and trading them up every time. Typical 76ers the last decade.

NBA lottery pick

I actually think the Sixers can turn it around fairly quick. Having Colangelo there will help. They have a few very good young players they will need to trade at some point for an established veteran. They've still got guys like Embiid and Saric that haven't even made it on the court for them yet. And they've also got a bunch of draft picks (which they can also toss into a trade). Another year or two and they might not be the joke of the NBA. I'm not saying they'll be contenders or anything, but they could put together a winning team pretty soon. Anyway, the NBA has it rigged for them

I don't agree with every move 76ers have made but one thing I agree with is having a vision and path and sticking to it. It's obvious they are looking to rebuild through draft and hope they land a franchise player. While it hasn't been exactly what they hoped for, they still have young talent and multiple high draft picks coming. All it take is one of those guys turning into a star and things are different.

The issue I have had with Lakers is they didn't have a path. They have been attempting to rebuild and stay relevant which never works. They have some young players but that wasn't by design. They tried to sign guys like Dwight, Melo, Aldrige and happened to strike out and hit the lottery. They want the short cut but when you rebuild sometimes you just have to commit to it.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    We can't go down that conspiracy road because then anything that happens, we will find reasons to justify it as being rigged. It is just how somebody paranoid goes down the path of no return lol

Honestly, I just want the top 3 pick. I truly don't care where Philly ends up. That organization is worse than the Lakers under Jimmy Buss. They will never change. Wasting draft after draft and trading them up every time. Typical 76ers the last decade.
    I'm not a "conspiracy junkie" but I see why it's fun to think that way & it's never out of the question, though I don't really care about it.

Home of the 16

The more I see Julius Randle play, the more I start to think of him as a solid role player. I don't know if it's him or Byron, but I would love to see him play more on & from the outside. No coach would want a 4 that can't shoot -- starting to become a one trick pony.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    The more I see Julius Randle play, the more I start to think of him as a solid role player. I don't know if it's him or Byron, but I would love to see him play more on & from the outside. No coach would want a 4 that can't shoot -- starting to become a one trick pony.
    That's all he really is at the moment (A role player and a bit of a one trick pony), or what his skillset will allow him to be, he could be a very good player but right now he's very raw and reasonably predictable. His jumpshot has looked better the last few games but it still needs a lot of work for him to be even a semi reliable threat from outside. Give him time I guess, he's shown signs offensively and as the seasons gone on defensively too, example being his defense on Dirk (when he puts in complete defensive effort he isn't as bad as is made out, I think it's as much an effort thing as anything). By the start of next season he needs to have put in a lot of work into his jumpshot and another go to offensive move like a baby hook, he's 6"8 if that without shoes he's not big enough in the NBA to bully people like he's used to.

The coach like with most of the young players also isn't helping much at all. He needs a coach that will light a fire under him/kick him into gear, if he plays with energy then he's a good player, defensively he can be good if he's concentrating and putting in an effort and offensively he looks sluggish without the ball a lot if that can be fixed, offensively he will be much better too. It doesn't help when you've got Byron Scott as the coach, who while once a good coach is now a dinosaur without consistent standards .

NBA lottery pick

I've almost wondered if Byron Scott is limiting those guys just to lose games. It's so bad the way he benches Randle and Russell that it kinda seems like it's to tank games. Hypothetically, if they somehow lost more than Philly (which isn't impossible at this point) and ended up with the worst record in the NBA I think that guarantees them a top 3 pick doesn't it? Or is it if you have the worst record you're guaranteed to stay in the top 5?

I was wondering that earlier in the season too but it seems like no matter where they land, they are not guaranteed top 3 pick. Even if they get the worst record they can fall to 4. There is a good chance of losing the pick even wit worst record. They have 64% top 3 if they have worst record 55.8% if they remain where they are and it drops down 46.9% one spot lower and 37.8% one lower.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...208-story.html

NBA lottery pick

Ah, it's top 4 guaranteed with the worst record. I knew there was only a certain distance they could fall too. Well I guess it doesn't matter then.

The problem with Scott is that it's obvious he is a lame duck coach and will not be there next season. The writing is on the wall that he was here just for kobes farewell season. I think that is losing the young team. I would like the young players to just play and not make it obvious that they don't agree with Scott but it's tough to believe in a philosophy when it's been losing and will be gone next year.

NBA lottery pick

At least he's been starting Randle lately.... that's not saying much though lol.

I mean, I kind of get why he restricts the minutes. He really wants those guys to earn the minutes and put in the work rather than be just handed minutes on a silver platter. He wants them to be accountable. While he is too old school and stubborn for this young team, I believe he is really trying to teach them discipline even if it's counter intuitive

Local High School Star alexthegod's Avatar

Default Clarkson to be Free Agent at seasons end

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...cy/2016/02/06/

It will be interesting to see if he gets big offers. I really have no idea what his market might be. Luckily for the Lakers he will be restricted.

Home of the 16

He's not a 10m flat per yet, but I'm sure he'll get those & maybe even higher, if he does & if he's an RFA, I hope the Lakers will end up matching it. 2nd tier instant offense sells, I guess.