Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Wolves trade R.Sessions, R.Hollins to Cavs for D.West, S.Telfair

We needed a point that could implement Scott's up-tempo offense, so I like the move. It is also of note that Sessions played well in his backup role with Mo in Milwaukee a few years ago.

I was hoping that we could get Mike Conley. He was my first choice as the guy to come in and run Scott's offense. But, Sessions is certainly a good enough consolation prize, especially considering what we gave up to get him.

West already had one foot out the door and Telfair had no role on this team.

I applaud the move. Good start for Grant in his first real move as GM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    We needed a point that could implement Scott's up-tempo offense, so I like the move. It is also of note that Sessions played well in his backup role with Mo in Milwaukee a few years ago.

I was hoping that we could get Mike Conley. He was my first choice as the guy to come in and run Scott's offense. But, Sessions is certainly a good enough consolation prize, especially considering what we gave up to get him.

West already had one foot out the door and Telfair had no role on this team.

I applaud the move. Good start for Grant in his first real move as GM.
    You totally didn't mention Hollins, that's the true consolation prize. A big-man center that can actually run, which we haven't had in...wait, I can't remember.

Good college starter

Post Re: Wolves trade R.Sessions, R.Hollins to Cavs for D.West, S.Telfair

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    You totally didn't mention Hollins, that's the true consolation prize. A big-man center that can actually run, which we haven't had in...wait, I can't remember.
    You guys will be very pleased with Sessions, but do not get your hopes up for Hollins. I am trying not to come across as a hater but Hollins is incredibly annoying to watch him play. We played in a very up-tempo offense last year, which ideally, should of been geared towards Hollins strength. He is one of the dumbest/most clueless players i have ever seen on a basketball court. He gets lost on offense and can't remember defensive assignments to save his life or even rotate on defense very well. He has absolutely no post game and he will either try to pump fake the ball and shoot a jump shot or pass it right away. He also cannot rebound well at all, which is astounding for someone his size.

The upside to Hollins (if there is any) is that he is super athletic and will throw down highlight reel dunks with somewhat of a consistency. The only problem with this is that no matter how many points you are down by he will flail his arms and yell at the top of his lungs like his dunk brought the team back into the game.

To sum all this up, Hollins has never been even decent (even in college he wasn't any good) but teams will continue to give him chances thinking it will all suddenly click in his head due to his athleticism and dunking ability.

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

C'mon Kahn you know you want to take Sasha off of our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Yeah right. Not touching that nutter.
    Why he is a good defender, good shooter and white?

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    or it couldve been the offense he was in. in Minny he was in the triangle offense. in our offense he'll be playing more uptempo and his athleticism could be used/showcased.

Minny also had a good amount of other bigs on their roster. Love-Beasley-Darko-Koufas-Pechorov

and fyi, being traded doesnt mean you dont have skill =P
    thank you, that sentence made my head hurt. Not only does Kahn not make bad trades, he ONLY trades bad players. He's perfect!

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

or it couldve been the offense he was in. in Minny he was in the triangle offense. in our offense he'll be playing more uptempo and his athleticism could be used/showcased.

Minny also had a good amount of other bigs on their roster. Love-Beasley-Darko-Koufas-Pechorov

and fyi, being traded doesnt mean you dont have skill =P
    this ain't nba live. dont expect him to suddenly be mr 15-16/8-9. i know he's athletic, but he isn't going to do it on a game by game basis.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
    this ain't nba live. dont expect him to suddenly be mr 15-16/8-9. i know he's athletic, but he isn't going to do it on a game by game basis.
    lol...no, i dont expect anything like that. all im saying is, in a more uptempo offense his talents could possibly be showcased more.

Good college starter

lol...no, i dont expect anything like that. all im saying is, in a more uptempo offense his talents could possibly be showcased more.
    How do you get more up tempo then we were last year without being GSW? We played at the 3rd fastest pace in the league last year

Future D1 Dad

poor lil telfair. how many teams is this for him now?

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan
    You guys will be very pleased with Sessions, but do not get your hopes up for Hollins. I am trying not to come across as a hater but Hollins is incredibly annoying to watch him play. We played in a very up-tempo offense last year, which ideally, should of been geared towards Hollins strength. He is one of the dumbest/most clueless players i have ever seen on a basketball court. He gets lost on offense and can't remember defensive assignments to save his life or even rotate on defense very well. He has absolutely no post game and he will either try to pump fake the ball and shoot a jump shot or pass it right away. He also cannot rebound well at all, which is astounding for someone his size.

The upside to Hollins (if there is any) is that he is super athletic and will throw down highlight reel dunks with somewhat of a consistency. The only problem with this is that no matter how many points you are down by he will flail his arms and yell at the top of his lungs like his dunk brought the team back into the game.

To sum all this up, Hollins has never been even decent (even in college he wasn't any good) but teams will continue to give him chances thinking it will all suddenly click in his head due to his athleticism and dunking ability.
    t
    The highlight dunks were great last year and it was funny as hell when they had him talk about his dunks during halftime because they had nothing else to talk about. They were trying to look at the bright side of all of the losing I guess.

"Hey, at least we have a guy who can dunk!"