Default Raptors do big things when Lou Williams puts up buckets

From Elias: Wednesday marked the 10th time this season that Lou Williams led Toronto (or tied for the team lead) in points, and the Raptors are 9-1 in those contests. More than 50 players have led their teams in scoring at least 10 times this season; Williams is the only player of that group whose team has won at least 90 percent of his team-leading scoring performances.

Default Re: Raptors do big things when Lou Williams puts up buckets

I'm not disputing this, facts are facts. We are obviously much better when Sweet Lou is on his game and knocking down shots. But again, some stats are skewed. There's been at least 3 or 4 of those games where he became the leading scorer in the 4th when the game was already in hand and the starters were enjoying a rest on the bench.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Raptors do big things when Lou Williams puts up buckets

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    But again, some stats are skewed.
    Correct Answer ! Boke has it.

STATs are meaningless without context.

While I appreciate what analytic's can do ~ they only "do something good" with context. Reporters rarely provide the context with such meaningless drivel and confuse it with analytics.

STAT: Toronto Raptors win 100% of the time when they score more points than the opponent by the end of the 4th quarter.

I can prove it too !

Now how meaningful is that ??
    Last edited by Jballer; 02-02-2015 at 04:28 PM.