Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Default Phil Jackson on Kobe Bryant

Default Re: Phil Jackson on Kobe Bryant

In a lot of ways Kobe is STILL the exact same way. When Phil asks him to tone it down, he continues to shoot and shoot some more.

On the way to the court, I asked Kobe, still nursing a sore shoulder, if he was up to doing a little running. Sure, he responded, as soon as he finished his treatment. Almost an hour went by, and there was no Kobe sighting. Finally, with an ice pack on his shoulder, he took a seat on the sideline. It began to dawn on me that contrary to what he had told me, Kobe had no intention of running. After practice I followed Kobe to the training room, asking him why he lied to me. He was being sarcastic, he said. Wrong answer. I told him that he needed to treat me with respect, not sarcasm. I turned and walked away, heading to the coaches’ locker room. A minute later I heard him cursing in the training room in front of the players, though I couldn’t make out the exact words….Now I was the one who was angry.
    Seriously, what a little punk.
    Last edited by kuniva_dAMiGhTy; 04-11-2011 at 02:09 PM.

kobe is the reason why jesus died.

Can't wait for phil' s next book

damn this is some serious shit right here.

This destroys all the arguments kobe homers had of him being as good as MJ. Kobe is being exposed as a little punk

Wasn't this book released in 2004 right after the loss to Detriot?

Should probably elaborate that this excerpt is dated and not referring to the current state of the Lakers and/or Kobe and Phil's relationship. Could cause some confusion, but if you're trying to troll.. by all means

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

It must have been really bad for Phil to write all this stuff down in a book. However, I think Phil would readily admit that Kobe was a victim of a lot of tough circumstances and that he may have misrepresented Kobe a bit in the book.

Having said that, is there anything more damaging to say about a person's character when you say that you weren't totally surprised that a person was being accused of rape?

Holy crap. I haven't read that book in a long time, but I never really thought about that line. Kobe's anger problems must have been even a lot worse than the book lets on for Phil to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by hkfosho
    Kobe is being exposed as a little punk

Kobe has been the same person he is, and will be, his entire career.

That being said, this is older news, and I DO believe Kobe has improved his attitude a bit, but there are definately still flashes of him being his usual pain in the ass, selfish self out there of course.

Local High School Star

date: 2004

[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/*******.gif[/IMG]

Well Kobe is a total punk, and is an extremely overrated player. Shot jacking buffoon. He shouldn't be anywhere near the Top 15.. More like around somewhere in the mid to bottom of the Top 40 range alltime is where he truly belongs.

And it's a very good thing that such detailed videos like this are being created now at a much more frequent level lately exposing him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCcPFX5g_HI

/thread

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heat007
    Well Kobe is a total punk, and is an extremely overrated player. Shot jacking buffoon. He shouldn't be anywhere near the Top 15.. More like around somewhere in the mid to bottom of the Top 40 range alltime is where he truly belongs.

And it's a very good thing that such detailed videos like this are being created now at a much more frequent level lately exposing him

/thread
    Hey bruce blitz! You came back for more? I already owned you!

An Icon Forever

[QUOTE=BEAST Griffin]

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    Does Phil really think this is one of the reasons Kobe/Shaq feuded with one another? over money?
    it was about $$$$..

Quote Originally Posted by Heat007

/thread
    You, whatever your real account is, are so insecure and butthurt about Kobe's success throughout his career that it is hysterically funny anymore. He's got 5 rings, and is already a basketball legend. Just deal with it.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

Mentally...Kobe is a fhcking warrior.

lol @ Heat007...and I guess Wade is a better play than Kobe too right? lol.