Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    People actually think this Jazz team is capable of winning a championship?

Incredible. We have some dumb people here.
    dude they are as close as the rockets imo. They need solid production fromt he 2 spot and they are one of the 4-5 best in the west. They have a killer frontline, with very complimentary skillsets in booz and okur. They wont win it this year, but they are as close as anybody outside of dallas/suns.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    What Miller are we talking about?
    Did you read the thread?

Oh wait, obviously not.......

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    dude they are as close as the rockets imo. They need solid production fromt he 2 spot and they are one of the 4-5 best in the west. They have a killer frontline, with very complimentary skillsets in booz and okur. They wont win it this year, but they are as close as anybody outside of dallas/suns.
    Who said anything about the Rockets?

Seriously, I expect an answer from you.

I don't feel like waiting for you to answer (if you're ever going to) so here is my response to your little, unnessecary shot at my team.

No, the Jazz are not as close as the Rockets. All you have to do is look at the standings and do some simple arithmatic.

The Jazz are two games better in the standings than the Rockets. Now, go add up the number of games we've played without Yao and McGrady (two guys better than anyone on the Jazz roster). Go, do that, then get back at me and tell what you said holds water.

Bye bye now.

Banned

isn't Larry Miller not gonna allow Karls jersey to be retired?
    gotta be kidding me.

that was incredibly weak. it's just like the standard ISH argument these days. if you have nothing to say but disagree with something someone says, just insult their team. example:

"I don't think Kobe is as good as MJ."
    "yeah well Kobe's better than Caron Butler!"
    "what?"

In fact my post is primarily about the jazz and their weaknesses. I simply used the rockets as a comparison (frequently used in argeuments and discussions), knowing that you were a rockets fan and would respond with indignation.

Ive seen your rocket homerism before and seen you and others bash good teams relative to them. Your first post wasnt exactly a positive shining example of the spirit of the ISH board. "Anyone who thinks the jazz have a legit shot at going deep in the playoffs is an idiot." thats not what this thread is about. Its about a player and an owner not seeing Eye to eye. You took a cheap shot and I responded.

Living in the Houston area, I hear and see blinded fans everyday (not just this year but all of the previous 3 as well) who insist that the rockets are an elite team in the league despite the fact they havent done anything. How is this any different from these jazz fans? You can see this situation clearly but bring the rockets in and you have your blinders on.

I will be the first to admit that I thought they were done when Yao got hurt. There was no way I though Deke could play at this high of a level for 30 mins a game and I was pretty sure Howard was done being a starting caliber 4. I was wrong. I hope both teams do well in the west, but as a fan of neither, I think the jazz have a much better team foundation in williams, okur and booz than the rockets do with yao and....? McGrady? Too many questions. Rafer is a ball hog who shows up to play every third game. No frontcourt depth. A decently skilled and smart 3 in battier, but hes not a game changer.

Banned

Houston = 1st round exit in the West.

The T-Mac apologists will be in full force come June..

In fact my post is primarily about the jazz and their weaknesses. I simply used the rockets as a comparison (frequently used in argeuments and discussions), knowing that you were a rockets fan and would respond with indignation.

Ive seen your rocket homerism before and seen you and others bash good teams relative to them. Your first post wasnt exactly a positive shining example of the spirit of the ISH board. "Anyone who thinks the jazz have a legit shot at going deep in the playoffs is an idiot." thats not what this thread is about. Its about a player and an owner not seeing Eye to eye. You took a cheap shot and I responded.

Living in the Houston area, I hear and see blinded fans everyday (not just this year but all of the previous 3 as well) who insist that the rockets are an elite team in the league despite the fact they havent done anything. How is this any different from these jazz fans? You can see this situation clearly but bring the rockets in and you have your blinders on.

I will be the first to admit that I thought they were done when Yao got hurt. There was no way I though Deke could play at this high of a level for 30 mins a game and I was pretty sure Howard was done being a starting caliber 4. I was wrong. I hope both teams do well in the west, but as a fan of neither, I think the jazz have a much better team foundation in williams, okur and booz than the rockets do with yao and....? McGrady? Too many questions. Rafer is a ball hog who shows up to play every third game. No frontcourt depth. A decently skilled and smart 3 in battier, but hes not a game changer.
    1. Name one instance of "homerism" from me. Please quote it or you have nothing. Also, name the "good teams" I've bashed and how I bashed them. Please do not make baseless claims. You clearly do not know me.

2. I know what this thread was about. However, I CLEARLY quoted someone and RESPONDED to something THEY SAID. What they said was about the Jazz going to "the promised land". Do you understand now?

3. Bring the Rockets in and I have my blinders on? Uh, you brought them in, man. Jesus, are you THAT stupid?

4. So you think that Jazz have a much better team foundation yet they're marginally better than the Rockets who have played without either Yao or McGrady for most of the season so far? Am I the only one that sees the clear difference in the two teams after a statement like that?

I never said the Rockets were an "elite team". I NEVER HAVE. Never have. You ask around. Search. Whatever you feel necessary. However, the fact that you call me a "homer" shows that you know nothing of my posting on this board. I'm very objective fan of my team. Please, do us all a favor. Shut your fu*king mouth until you get a clue as to what the fu*k you're talking about.

You talk about indignation yet you threw a comment out to get such a thing from me. A bit hypocritical, IMO.

Class is out for the day. Thank you.

I never said the Rockets were an "elite team". I NEVER HAVE. Never have. You ask around. Search. Whatever you feel necessary. However, the fact that you call me a "homer" shows that you know nothing of my posting on this board. I'm very objective fan of my team. Please, do us all a favor. Shut your fu*king mouth until you get a clue as to what the fu*k you're talking about.

You talk about indignation yet you threw a comment out to get such a thing from me. A bit hypocritical, IMO.
    Clearly, I didnt mention you when I was talking about the houston as elite fans. read again.

Explain how it is hypocritical to bait somedoby into an indignant stance (furthered by your inability to communicate without Fbombs)?

Not airballing my layups anymore braden.'s Avatar

"Do you see a single tear?"
    Kirilenko saves the tears for when Pierce torches him and Sloan relegates him to the bench. Literally.

3. Bring the Rockets in and I have my blinders on? Uh, you brought them in, man. Jesus, are you THAT stupid?
    Apparently I am. As mentioned above, I used the rockets as a comparision within my example (as a similar team that has potential but hasnt done much).

Clearly, I didnt mention you when I was talking about the houston as elite fans. read again.

Explain how it is hypocritical to bait somedoby into an indignant stance (furthered by your inability to communicate without Fbombs)?
    What does me dropping F bombs have to do with anything?

I presented points that you CLEARLY have no response for.

My time with you is done. Goodbye. PM me if you want to learn a thing or two about me before you starting posting nonsense.

Apparently I am. As mentioned above, I used the rockets as a comparision within my example (as a similar team that has potential but hasnt done much).
    Yes, but there was NO NEED to bring them up as we were clearly discussing a specific team. Houston had no place in the discussion. You brought them in only to get a rise out of me. Because you're a punk. There is no other reason.

Wait, why am I even trying to further explain this to you? You clearly lack the mental intelligence to grasp this.

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

well with Gasol wanting out of Memphis and the Jazz's record we might have a deal here. I think it would work out for both teams.

Myrrh

No, the Jazz are not as close as the Rockets. All you have to do is look at the standings and do some simple arithmatic.

The Jazz are two games better in the standings than the Rockets. Now, go add up the number of games we've played without Yao and McGrady (two guys better than anyone on the Jazz roster). Go, do that, then get back at me and tell what you said holds water.
    Fancy an avatar bet on which team exits the playoffs first? I've always liked your posts, and there definitely should be a Jazz logo next to them.