Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron is 2nd all-time in career PER. Anthony Davis is 3rd all-time. Best duo ever?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    No, if you are talking longevity then that is another story, but like I said, when the duos were at their peak when playing together, nobody touches Shaq & Kobe.
    Sure they do. Magic and Kareem at their peaks were better. Jordan and pippen at their peaks were MUCH better. And lebron and Davis are better. Kobe was just a weak link.

Default Re: LeBron is 2nd all-time in career PER. Anthony Davis is 3rd all-time. Best duo ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Says the Iraqi who didnt know what a basketball looked like till 2011.
    dumb

You are wrong, calling current LeBron better than peak Shaq is moronic.
    Nobody said that current lebron is better than peak lebron. I have already addressed this. Repeating the same mistake wont help your case.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

No, if you are talking longevity then that is another story, but like I said, when the duos were at their peak when playing together, nobody touches Shaq & Kobe.
    They went to 7 games with the Blazers and Kings. They weren

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    dumb
    Is the Iraqi.

If they were both in their prime sure, but you knew that befoe you asked op.....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Lebron is better than Shaq and Davis is so much better than Kobe.
    This dude saying a 35 year old LeBron is better than peak Shaq.

[QUOTE=The Iron Fist]They went to 7 games with the Blazers and Kings. They weren

he dumb fo sho

Riiighhht. That's clearly what this says.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    he dumb fo sho
    Iraqis cant spell.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Magic and Kareem maybe. But Lebron and Davis are so much better than the Shaq and O
    Kobe duo simply because both of them are infinitely better than the version of Kobe that played with Shaq.
    I'd take 01 and 02 Kobe ahead of current lebron (and probably any version).. Lebron's skill requires him to hold the ball longer and reduce guys to spot-up shooters, so he needs a lot more help than Kobe did

otoh, Kobe had better skill that fit with any teammate or system, so he needed less help.. I'd also take Kobe easily in a game of 1-on-1 over bron

Lebron's plays like the typical playground star that dribbles forever before doing anything.. the guy plays a version of harden-ball, yet we wonder why he's 3/9 on the championship level...

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    I'd take 01 and 02 Kobe ahead of current lebron (and probably any version).. Lebron's skill requires him to hold the ball longer and reduce guys to spot-up shooters, so he needs a lot more help than Kobe did

otoh, Kobe had better skill that fit with any teammate or system, so he needed less help.. I'd also take Kobe easily in a game of 1-on-1 over bron

Lebron's plays like the typical playground star that dribbles forever before doing anything.. the guy plays a version of harden-ball, yet we wonder why he's 3/9 on the championship level...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    They went to 7 games with the Blazers and Kings. They weren’t entirely unbeatable. Be reasonable. People go with Kareem and Magic because they blended together better. There was no drama, just a common goal.
    Blazers? To be fair, Kobe didn't enter his prime until 2001. Notice I said that nobody touches the 2001 and 2002 Shaq-Kobe duo.

As far the Kings series in 2002, you have to realize that as a team the Lakers were nowhere near as talented as the 80's Lakers. With the 2002 Lakers it wasn't pretty much Shaq & Kobe, so of course their team will be more vulnerable.

Magic & Kareem on the other hand played with studs. We are talking about James Worthy who is in the HOF, Byron Scott, DPOY Michael Cooper, guys like Norm Nixon, Wilkes, Bob McAdoo. They were loaded.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

Thread is stupid to begin with. Not even a single game together and already the best duo ever? These two aren