Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: I legit feel bad for Toronto fans right now

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Go to bed. You have a long day of folding pizza boxs ahead of you tomorrow
    Good lord this poster owns your soul.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2swift4u
    didn't the Warriors win a ring a few years ago because Kyrie Irving and Love got hurt in the finals? Noone talks about that anymore. So in a year or two noone will care about whether Durant and Klay were hurt. That's just how it goes. And injuries are part of the game. Up to now the Warriors were quite fortunate in that regard.
    they won a ring with Kyrie and Love hurt, but not necessarily because they went down. I personally think the Warriors would have won even with those two guys in the lineup, but we'll never be able to witness it. It would have been a great series with both of those guys healthy.

The difference is, unlike the Warriors, I think everyone would agree the Raptors lose if Warriors are fully healthy

Quote Originally Posted by red1

tbh I'm trolling them both. one is a salty rockets fan and warriorfan is just obsessed with curry and hates every other player in the league.
    honestly i'm happy for any raptors fan who isn't an asshole (eg cheered the KD/Klay injuries). raptors are champions and no random dude on the internet or media talking head is going to take that away. watch the parade in full, take it all in and enjoy it. nothing like celebrating the first championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness
    they won a ring with Kyrie and Love hurt, but not necessarily because they went down. I personally think the Warriors would have won even with those two guys in the lineup, but we'll never be able to witness it. It would have been a great series with both of those guys healthy.

The difference is, unlike the Warriors, I think everyone would agree the Raptors lose if Warriors are fully healthy
    kd makes it unfair so I have no problem winning it over curry/dray/iggy who played every single game and klay who played most of the series.

2015 cavs would've beaten the 2015 warriors if healthy. they took two games with delly and tt and no one off the bench. they would've won if they had kyrie alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness
    honestly i'm happy for any raptors fan who isn't an asshole (eg cheered the KD/Klay injuries). raptors are champions and no random dude on the internet or media talking head is going to take that away. watch the parade in full, take it all in and enjoy it. nothing like celebrating the first championship.
    thanks man I appreciate it

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

kd makes it unfair so I have no problem winning it over curry/dray/iggy who played every single game and klay who played most of the series.

2015 cavs would've beaten the 2015 warriors if healthy. they took two games with delly and tt and no one off the bench. they would've won if they had kyrie alone.
    This man has already advanced to the 3rd stage of coping. Bargaining. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    This man has already advanced to the 3rd stage of coping. Bargaining. Well done.
    well I am usually in a good mood when I'm posting here tbh I do it for the laughs.

take a wild guess how I feel right now?

They never needed Love tbh. Love just hurt them against the Warriors. Future HOFer for sure, I’m just saying.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

If we're just looking at the kd-less Warriors, then the Warriors were mostly healthy in this series

Klay missed 1 quarter tonight, but that was offset by durant playing a quarter in Game 5..

otherwise, klay only missed 1 game, which a lot of guys do.... and the raps won with a game to spare (didn't need a 7th game), so klay's missed game wasn't decisive

And yeah, boogie was hurt, but he was overkill anyway... If Curry and Klay are so damn good, then they should win with "just" 2 HOF candidates in Dray/Iggy

A couple missed free throws or a blown defensive assignment away from going 7 games with a team missing it's best and 3rd best player.

On the other hand, their ring is worth a lot more if Curry turns the ball over in Game 2 and they go on to sweep the Warriors. Klay still does miss a game but a sweep against Steph and Green makes it somewhat legit, losing almost 3 games against this team however makes it disappointing as hell. You can't be an NBA fan and not think that the Warriors would have ran them over if healthy. Heck, just give us Klay for Game 3 and all of Game 6 and we got either Warriors in 6 or a Game 7 to decide it all at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    If we're just looking at the kd-less Warriors, then the Warriors were mostly healthy in this series

Klay missed 1 quarter tonight, but that was offset by durant playing a quarter in Game 5..

otherwise, klay only missed 1 game, which a lot of guys do.... and the raps won with a game to spare (didn't need a 7th game), so klay's missed game wasn't decisive

And yeah, boogie was hurt, but he was overkill anyway... If Curry and Klay are so damn good, then they should win with "just" 2 HOF candidates in Dray/Iggy

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe

[COLOR="DarkRed"]A couple missed free throws or a blown defensive assignment away from going 7 games[/COLOR] with a team missing it's best and 3rd best player.
    Or sweeping.. it goes both ways.. Raps win in 5 if NickGoat doesn't call that timeout..

And Raps sweep with a bounce or two going the other way in Game 2

Bottom line - Raps won with a game to spare, so klay's missed game wasn't decisive

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe

but a sweep against Steph and Green makes it somewhat legit, [COLOR="DarkRed"]losing almost 3 games[/COLOR] against this team however makes it disappointing as hell. You can't be an NBA fan and not think that the Warriors would have ran them over if healthy. Heck, just give us Klay for Game 3 and all of Game 6 and we got either Warriors in 6 or a Game 7 to decide it all at worst.
    Raptors won handily - it wasn't a close affair

RAPTORS[COLOR="White"].[/COLOR] - [COLOR="White"].[/COLOR]111.5 ppg.. 114.9 ortg
    WARRIORS - 105.8 ppg.. 109.3 ortg

3ball calling Klay impactless is banworthy.

3-time NBA All-Star

[QUOTE=warriorfan]Grown from an expansion team to a team that would excite hopes in the regular season only to blow it in the playoffs year after year. Their fan base was desperate for a championship. They made all the right moves this season though and were able to parlay it into a trip to the Finals. Then right when the storylines are heating up for both sides, KD blows out his Achilles and Klay Thompson tears his ACL. Raptors fans deserved a non tainted ring. After everything they went through they are going to have this * forever by their only championship season. They might say

Yes, of course, a championship isn't a championship if the other team had injuries. We didn't just win a championship. We should have had somebody Tonya Harding Kawhi to make it "fair". Professional sports are fair. It's about fairness. Having Curry, Durant, and Klay napalming teams with threes while Draymond shuts down their best player is fair.

Here's a fukcing reality check dipsh1t. The Warriors had to ride their starters hard all year to win games because they have no bench. They've been to the Finals for 5 years straight (an incredible achievement btw) so their seasons were extended by 20-30 intense playoff games each year ie. more fatigue/strain on their bodies. So the superstars got worn down, KD got injured, Klay was gimpy/fragile, ring-hunting toxic headcase Boogie was out of shape coming back from injury, Steph was tired, Draymond couldn't score and isn't worth any more than $20 million per at this point but he'll want 30, Looney broke his collar bone, this attrition factor is part of why dynasties are so hard to keep going, that's why you needed a quality bench, because with nothing but aging Iggy, Looney, scrubs/rookies and Livingston's corpse on the bench Kerr rode the starters way too hard.

Meanwhile the Raptors rested Kawhi like a quarter of the regular season games. So he stayed healthy. And they're deep AF.

So do the Warriors win with KD and Klay healthy the whole series? Yes. Almost certainly. But they weren't healthy, because of forseeable circumstances resulting from having a team that essentially relies entirely on 4 players and like 2 role players to carry it through the Western conference, those guys' bodies broke down. Also those guys won you 3 championships, and that effort/strain is why they broke down this year. Take a year off to let KD and Klay recover, it sucks that they got badly injured, I hope they recover well, I would have preferred to play against a Warriors team with a healthy KD and Klay and lose fair and square but that's not what happened and I'LL TAKE IT. Warriors should keep Steph and Klay together at all costs and build around them, let Dray get a big contract somewhere else, maybe keep KD that's a tough decision with that injury, ditch Boogie's fat ass, rebuild with new supporting cast and maybe you can win some more Rings very soon, but no one feels sorry for you.

The Raptors championship run was GLORIOUS, get fuuuuuuukkkkkcced anyone calling this an asterisk, that is so asinine I'm laughing my ass off. Raptors win baby. Raptors win it all. And if Kawhi stays we might just win it again. The city of Toronto is having the biggest party in the world right now and y'all can cry about it, we beat you three times in Oracle, peace.

Some salty whiner Warriors/American fans RN:

ALL Raptors fans RN:
    Last edited by A.M.G.; 06-14-2019 at 06:08 AM.