Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Surprising Combine Results

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    maybe he gets the Thad Young treatment and plays both forward spots? He isn't as athletic as Young but I think he can do it.

If Minny passes on this kid, Kahn just solidified how dumb we all think he is is the truth, maybe understated a little
    actually if he picks him that would be kind of dumb they already have Beasley love and Randolph all of them a lot of potential

chips93
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
    he was playing in japan for coach brian hill formely of orlando magic..
    he wasnt even playing in a good japanese league as far as i know. the guy has never proven he can play against any real level of competition. if he gets drafted, its purely on physical tools. not a knock on the guy, just that he is unproven

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    actually if he picks him that would be kind of dumb they already have Beasley love and Randolph all of them a lot of potential
    Randolph? What has he done to warrant one to say "I'll pass on Derrick Williams, we have Randolph. Doesnt make sense to add Derrick Williams.". Get real.

It would be dumb not to draft him. Once you do? You open up options to trade the pick in a package for a proven/established player. You open the option to trade down and aquire a need plus include other picks and/or player (whatever the situation is at hand).

Thats the smart thing to do. You dont just pass Derrick Williams up and give the team drafting 3rd overall a gift.

"You guys are welcome but we have Love Beasley and Randolph."

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    you think so? The guy hoards pgs, I would think he would hoard hybrid forwards too?

I have a rule, you don't trade a top 3 pick unless you are getting a star in return. I don't count Granger as a star. I don't see Wiliams as a star yet either but at least you get good talent on a cheap contract for 4 years.

And, I highly doubt Minny drafts a top 3 pick ever again based on how Adam Silver responded to Kahn's "compelling storylines" statement.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Randolph? What has he done to warrant one to say "I'll pass on Derrick Williams, we have Randolph. Doesnt make sense to add Derrick Williams.". Get real.

It would be dumb not to draft him. Once you do? You open up options to trade the pick in a package for a proven/established player. You open the option to trade down and aquire a need plus include other picks and/or player (whatever the situation is at hand).

Thats the smart thing to do. You dont just pass Derrick Williams up and give the team drafting 3rd overall a gift.

"You guys are welcome but we have Love Beasley and Randolph."
    I'm saying it would be dumb to keep him

I think Minny should draft kanter

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Was Irving wearing therapeutic shoes? How did he add nearly two inches of height just by putting on shoes? The soles in his kicks must have been thick as hell.

I prefer to look at the height without shoes number. It takes away the variability of different shoe wear. For instance, both Irving and Williams were the same height without shoes, but Irvings final measurement was nearly an inch taller than D-Will's.

Quote Originally Posted by alexthegr8
    Was Irving wearing therapeutic shoes? How did he add nearly two inches of height just by putting on shoes? The soles in his kicks must have been thick as hell.

I prefer to look at the height without shoes number. It takes away the variability of different shoe wear. For instance, both Irving and Williams were the same height without shoes, but Irvings final measurement was nearly an inch taller than D-Will's.
    They play basketball in shoes. Not sure whats the point of taking into consideration without shoes unless you're inviting them over for a sleep over.

chips93

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    you think so? The guy hoards pgs, I would think he would hoard hybrid forwards too?
    i cant believe people are still going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkess
    I don't mean to be rude, but when normal people talk about height it's not in shoes.

Shoes change. Your height (hopefully) does not.
    Well they do happen to wear shoes in the NBA.

chips93

They play basketball in shoes. Not sure whats the point of taking into consideration without shoes unless you're inviting them over for a sleep over.
    because some guys were huge shoes at the combine that they wont ever wear in a game.

hassan whiteside last yea wore flip flops as shoes and measured only 6-11.5

cole aldrich wore huge shoes and measured 6-11.25

in an actual nba game whiteside will have a much bigger height advantage than the above figures would suggest. as he is 1.5 inches taller barefoot.

thats why barefoot makes more sense.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexthegr8

It gives you a false barometer, though, when comparing them to current NBA players, whose heights are based on measurements with shoes on. That is why I prefer to look at the shoes measurement. I mean, if you have the barefoot measurement of every player in the NBA, then fine. But, I had to seek out that barefoot measurement for Williams... He is listed at 6-foot-3, even though he was measured at 6'2.75 at the combine with shoes on.

Does that mean Irving will be listed at 6-foot-4?

Regardless, it is shocking to me that Irving and Deron Williams were the same height without shoes. I wasn't even sure that Irving would crack 6' without shoes. Any way you look at it, those measurables were unexpected.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 05-20-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Default Re: Anybody Watching NBA Draft Combine?

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    Keith Benson is a sleeper pick in the 2nd round if you ask me, he played in the shitty Summit League, but basically Oakland dominated that conference and the tourney because of him.
    In the biggest game of his career he got worked by a Texas frontline that doesn't feature an NBA-ready player.

WAY too skinny. Not saying he might not mature, but he's D League material right now.

Local High School Star Pinkhearts's Avatar

Default Re: Anybody Watching NBA Draft Combine?

Jeremy Tyler is only 6'9 isn't he? Another Joel Anthony...athletic but no size and skills. Him at center isn't going to do you good and will compete with Joel...

Local High School Star Pinkhearts's Avatar

The point is for fair comparison. I can wear high heels for my draft combine and you gonna add 3 inches to my height and make me a center?