Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #16
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Can this team win 45 games ?

I really hope not.

I'd honestly love it if Diaw was still the same lazy player and Chandler couldn't stay healthy. For the long term success of the Raptors, they need to be really bad next year. I hope they don't win more than 20-25 games. I want a star player to build around.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #17
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I really hope not.

I'd honestly love it if Diaw was still the same lazy player and Chandler couldn't stay healthy. For the long term success of the Raptors, they need to be really bad next year. I hope they don't win more than 20-25 games. I want a star player to build around.

I totally agree. I will be so pissed off with 39 wins. No man's land all over.

It's harsh, but I read something in the main forum and it's true. They said Colangelo is doing just enough to keep Raptor homers interested and on board.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #18
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
It's harsh, but I read something in the main forum and it's true. They said Colangelo is doing just enough to keep Raptor homers interested and on board.
I definitely agree that is the intention but at least he's trying to do it with severely flawed players.

Diaw is lazy and just hasn't been that productive lately. Chandler has had injury issues all his career. Plus they both have shorter contracts than Calderon and Turkoglu. If this is Colangelo's "re-tool" and attempt to win next year, it could have been worse. I still think this roster is crappy enough to secure a spot in the lottery and if a couple things go wrong (right?), quite possibly a top 5 pick.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #19
Laxlen
Not airballing my layups anymore

my hope is for .500

it's going to interesting following the Raps this season on a board of fans that hope they fail

I understand your theories so dont go on me. I guess I'm just old school and cheer for my team to win and not lose
Laxlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #20
RapsFan
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxlen
my hope is for .500

it's going to interesting following the Raps this season on a board of fans that hope they fail

I understand your theories so dont go on me. I guess I'm just old school and cheer for my team to win and not lose

I guess my question for a fan like you is, what is you hope for this team? Do you just look at each 12 month period unrelated to the big picture or do you look long term and the direction of the franchise?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #21
Laxlen
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I guess my question for a fan like you is, what is you hope for this team? Do you just look at each 12 month period unrelated to the big picture or do you look long term and the direction of the franchise?

I believe DeRozan will be a start, I believe Jack and Barbosa playing point guard is more than serviceable.

While Davis and Alabi should become good starters in the league, I sure wasn't impressed with what I saw against the Suns but any real opinon won't be formed until the end the summer league games.

I am interested in seeing what a Bosh-less Bargs can do...it really is as simple as he steps up or steps into oblivion.

The way I look at it, if the team can maximize it's potential TODAY why not?

I understand the importance of a draft, please note I come from a lacrosse background where the draft is the end all and be ball of improving your team, but the Raps have a lot of young talent.
Laxlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #22
bonez26
Local High School Star

Quote:
I definitely agree that is the intention but at least he's trying to do it with severely flawed players.

Diaw is lazy and just hasn't been that productive lately. Chandler has had injury issues all his career. Plus they both have shorter contracts than Calderon and Turkoglu. If this is Colangelo's "re-tool" and attempt to win next year, it could have been worse. I still think this roster is crappy enough to secure a spot in the lottery and if a couple things go wrong (right?), quite possibly a top 5 pick.

+1 lol...could have been much worse if he tokk contracts back just as bad
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #23
Nastradamus
Decent college freshman

Quote:
I really hope not.

It'd be nice to get a lottery pick I guess next year, but if I'm BC, I want to see my young guys do well more than anything. This team now has a bunch of guys who are uber talented and under 25(or damn close). Jack is only 27 and is taking on a leadership role. I have always liked his game and think he'll do well this year. Amir was statistically a fantastic defender(especially vs. screen and roll, which many teams struggle to defend) and rebounder and gets put backs and the like. Ed Davis is a very nice young player who looks great in summer league and has plenty of time to develop. Bargs is still very young and should produce a lot more with Bosh gone. Chandler gives them a real C so Bargs can be the stretch 4 he should be. The defense in the lane could be OUTSTANDING. Bargs is a very good shotblocker for a 4 and Amir/Davis are stud defenders before anything else. Alabi could even help as a backup C. Chandler is supposedly finally healthy and has always been a nice defender down low. Derozan is also young and has the makings of a stud, Weems is coming into his own and should have a role on this team now and in the future and Barbosa gives them the veteran and the instant offense they lack at the SG position(Derozan and Weems are going to be streaky as young players). Calderon is addition by subtracion at this point, as is Turkgolu. Both can play, but didn't fit here welll. Jack will have more condfidence with JC gone, though he needs a better backup. SF is set too with Kleiza and Diaw, plus Diaw will help at PF if there are injuries or Davis isn't ready. Bargs will be #2 C, so there are PF minutes to be had. I think BC can get Diaw to re- commit himself and play better. Either way, he's younger and cheaper than Turkgolu. Dumping that contract was nothing short of genius. Add a lottery pick in next year(C or PG) and you are rolling along. I'd try to re- up Chandler if he is playing well at the AS break.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #24
Nastradamus
Decent college freshman

Either way you are building around a ton of young players, so if you win, its a good thing, if you don't, its fine. This team has financial flexibility in the future and ton of young players who will either be parts of the team in the future or valuable assets.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #25
Kujo
Local High School Star

20-30 games at best.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #26
bada bing
College star

team is a collection of bench players with no stars on it. How can such a team with 45 games?
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #27
Nastradamus
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
team is a collection of bench players with no stars on it. How can such a team with 45 games?

Bargs could be a star, but the rest is role players, good role players though. That's why I said they have one more move in them, as they have 10-12 guys who are capable of being part of a rotation at the worst. I could see something like Diaw,Davis and Weems,Barbosa or even Derozan packaged with firsts(they have 2 next year now) for an upgrade. Granger? Iguodala? Aldridge or Jefferson? Chris Paul? Anthony? There are always options. Maybe even Nash if Phoenix starts sucking? He would sell some serious tickets.

Last edited by Nastradamus : 07-12-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #28
bada bing
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
Bargs could be a star, but the rest is role players, good role players though. That's why I said they have one more move in them, as they have 10-12 guys who are capable of being part of a rotation at the worst. I could see something like Diaw,Davis and Weems,Barbosa or even Derozan packaged with firsts(they have 2 next year now) for an upgrade. Granger? Iguodala? Aldridge or Jefferson? Chris Paul? Anthony? There are always options. Maybe even Nash if Phoenix starts sucking? He would sell some serious tickets.

yep. thats pretty much what i said. we have really really good role players now and bargs is one of them. these are all assets that teams looking to go deep into the playoffs are willing to trade for. Hopefully BC can try to recruit a star here and i can see our assets blending in very well.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #29
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

I hope it goes 11-71 and my suffering is rewarded with Harrison Barnes, make it happen team!
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:02 AM   #30
Sekman
I rule the local playground

from the lineup and depth.. i dun see where offense is coming from.

Dun see anyone who can create his own shot...

my guess is 25 to 35 wins
Sekman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: