Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Who should host 2014 NBA All-Star weekend?

New York

There isn't better place for such event than renovated MSG.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Because there's quite a bit more people affilitiated with it making the trip than there would be for some random mid-Februrary game against the Raptors.

Plus it's cold as shit. Seriously, that's the biggest problem. And you shouldn't knock the league for wanting to have their weekend showcase of superstars in a warm climate, it makes sense. Who the hell wants to be cold when you've got multiple other options? I don't understand why people care so much. Where was ASW weekend at 3 years ago? I don't know either.
    All of you guys saying its too cold are idiots..

The weather in Toronto is basically the same as NY or any other US city near Toronto. And if i recall correctly Minnesota is 10x colder than Toronto and thats a US city..

Stupid americans

NBA lottery pick

A city that has no hope of winning a championship in the near future...Miami.

if the media is going to piss and moan over freak ice storms in Dallas for the ASG and Super Bowl and start claiming the games should have never been here and instead should only be in places like Miami and LA then I can't imagine how bad the bitch fest would be if the ASG was somewhere like Canada.
    Last edited by kentatm; 08-12-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamSofaKing

The weather in Toronto is basically the same as NY or any other US city near Toronto. And if i recall correctly Minnesota is 10x colder than Toronto and thats a US city..

Stupid americans

The guy you quoted was saying it should be in a warm climate because toronto is cold. Then your rebuttal is cold climate vs cold climate? Fail

Stupid Canadians.

See what I did there?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamSofaKing

Stupid americans
    Minnesota hasn't had the ASG since 94, their fourth year as a franchise so they were trying to drum up NBA interest. NYC hasn't had it since 98, and it's also NYC.

I loved it in Dallas, that arena was massive and just made the game look amazing. So what if they did another football arena?

I still say a renovated MSG in 2014 deserves it. Or Seattle, if they can get the proper necessities.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Portland, Salt Lake City, or Brooklyn. Knicks fans can deal with it being at the other teams arena.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Because there's quite a bit more people affilitiated with it making the trip than there would be for some random mid-Februrary game against the Raptors.

Plus it's cold as shit. Seriously, that's the biggest problem. And you shouldn't knock the league for wanting to have their weekend showcase of superstars in a warm climate, it makes sense. Who the hell wants to be cold when you've got multiple other options? I don't understand why people care so much. Where was ASW weekend at 3 years ago? I don't know either.
    Yes. It is severely colder in Toronto mid-feb than it is in a city like New York. They are worlds apart. And Toronto has numerous events every year that are much larger international attractions than the NBA all-star game and it seems to work out fine with people getting into the country. The players can do it, so can everyone affiliated with it I'm quite certain it wouldn't be that bad. Again its cold as shit? What in the arena? the hotels? the restaurants and lounges people will be going to? Or is the game being held outdoors?

I understand its a comfort thing for a lot of people to stay out of the cold, but I don't think Toronto is severely colder if colder at all than many parts in the northeastern United States, which was blanketed with much more snow this year than what was received in Toronto. So if we're talking climate wise, if New York or New Jersey or Boston for example or considered, I don't see why Toronto shouldn't be.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    if the media is going to piss and moan over freak ice storms in Dallas for the ASG and Super Bowl and start claiming the games should have never been here and instead should only be in places like Miami and LA then I can't imagine how bad the bitch fest would be if the ASG was somewhere like Canada.
    So is the media essentially saying every year, every all-star game should be in places like LA or Miami? If that's the case there shouldn't be much debate. Just keep using the same cities with the dependable and predictable weather, can't be that many cities to choose from if a city like Dallas is deemed undesirable

Miami

Somewhere that hasn't had it before