Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: So RedBlackAttack really thinks Kevin Love is content being a 3rd wheel in Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Ok whatever, we can argue the semantics of what the difference between a 'star' or 'all star' or 'superstar' is all day long.

The point is that Love was putting up 26/12/4 and on a Hall of Fame track as a young player to now putting up 17/10/2 on shitty percentages and looking like a David Lee fringe All-Star type.

Now I can't speak to his motivations or goals, but if I'm Kevin Love I'm not sacrificing my entire personal legacy to help LeBron get another ring or two.

I'd rather set out on my own as the star of a team, (or co-star) and try to win a championship by my own accord.

Then again, I don't know about Love's mindset, maybe he's content being the third wheel and sitting at home on All-Star weekend.
    Yeah, I mean... didn't Kevin Love want out of Minny? Wasn't that the main issue before this whole LeBron thing? It seems like it was like get out of Minny... oh, Bron needs someone? Sure I'll go there.

Dudes acting like he wanted to come to Cleveland and play with Bron above everything, like that was his life dream.

I don't know if he'll stay or go, and as said, if they win a ring he might stay, but if they shit the bed in the playoffs, he may go. I didn't think he'd be this bad.

Maybe he was promised something he's not getting? Anyone who "wanted out" of where they were is not going to stay in a bad situation if it's still bad. Nobody is going to say, "well, I was in a bad situation, but I used my only chance." Likely, he's going to leave if the situation isn't right.

Will it, ultimately, be right? We dunno. That all comes down to how it works out in the playoffs. I think if he gets some big moments he could do it. Both he and Kyrie are capable of having a great series and getting Finals MVP. So, I think IF he can tell himself they will likely get to the Finals a few times, then he will stay.

-Smak

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: So RedBlackAttack really thinks Kevin Love is content being a 3rd wheel in Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Yeah, I mean... didn't Kevin Love want out of Minny? Wasn't that the main issue before this whole LeBron thing? It seems like it was like get out of Minny... oh, Bron needs someone? Sure I'll go there.

Dudes acting like he wanted to come to Cleveland and play with Bron above everything, like that was his life dream.

I don't know if he'll stay or go, and as said, if they win a ring he might stay, but if they shit the bed in the playoffs, he may go. I didn't think he'd be this bad.

Maybe he was promised something he's not getting? Anyone who "wanted out" of where they were is not going to stay in a bad situation if it's still bad. Nobody is going to say, "well, I was in a bad situation, but I used my only chance." Likely, he's going to leave if the situation isn't right.

Will it, ultimately, be right? We dunno. That all comes down to how it works out in the playoffs. I think if he gets some big moments he could do it. Both he and Kyrie are capable of having a great series and getting Finals MVP. So, I think IF he can tell himself they will likely get to the Finals a few times, then he will stay.

-Smak
    It's not as simple as just walking out. Who are going to be the teams with the cap space to sign him outright in the offseason? What are his other options? Will there be a team with the cap space that has a chance to win or will it be another Minnesota situation? Is that worth taking a paycut to hop onto?

It's not just a free for all where any player can join any team that he happens to like in that moment.

And, Love did -- through his agent -- say that he wanted to come to Cleveland if LeBron was here and that was way before James announced his decision. It broke the night of the draft, actually.

And, he has said repeatedly that he plans to stay.

Banned

Default Re: Think Kevin Love is content being a 3rd wheel in Cleveland?

Love is "too white" to mesh with irving and lebron personalities.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak

-Smak
    Basically my sentiments on the entire subject.

Also, HawksdogsBraves made a great point too about what Kevin wants his legacy to be.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    Love is "too white" to mesh with irving and lebron personalities.
    irving seems like a cool guy.. alpha af as well. love is probably turned off by Lebron's corny attempts at leadership.. and general phony persona, trying to be funny always chirping etc. Love is a low key hard working guy. Doesn't like that type of shit.

Kyrie laid back and real.. wouldn't see a problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Ok whatever, we can argue the semantics of what the difference between a 'star' or 'all star' or 'superstar' is all day long.

The point is that Love was putting up 26/12/4 and on a Hall of Fame track as a young player to now putting up 17/10/2 on shitty percentages and looking like a David Lee fringe All-Star type.

Now I can't speak to his motivations or goals, but if I'm Kevin Love I'm not sacrificing my entire personal legacy to help LeBron get another ring or two.

I'd rather set out on my own as the star of a team, (or co-star) and try to win a championship by my own accord.

Then again, I don't know about Love's mindset, maybe he's content being the third wheel and sitting at home on All-Star weekend.
    This is pretty much word for word what Bosh experienced in Miami. Do you honestly not think Bosh's "legacy" is better off now than it was in 2010?

Very good NBA starter

Either way, Love can stay and Cavs can contend....

Or

Love leaves so Durant can join the year after and they win 5 straight rings

Lebron will end up with 7 rings as the greatest over Jordan while Durant will have 5 which should put him at least top 3-4 all time

I don't know how he actually feels about it. There are players who prefer be the FP on a bad team and the ones who like to win no matter how much they have to sacrifice.
    I think Love will stay because he didn't seemed very happy when he was in Minnesota playing well but losing games, he asked to be traded. I can see who argues otherwise, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    I don't know how he actually feels about it. There are players who prefer be the FP on a bad team and the ones who like to win no matter how much they have to sacrifice.
    I think Love will stay because he didn't seemed very happy when he was in Minnesota playing well but losing games, he asked to be traded. I can see who argues otherwise, though.
    Its to a point where it doesn't feel like winning because you've sacrificed so much that you don't recognize yourself. That is what Bosh had to deal with and that is what Love is dealing with now.

Id respect love making his attempts at leading a team as the man or 1a/1b more than anything he is gonna do in Cleveland.

Dunno if he will leave cos he is third wheel, but he and Lebron might leave when Miami beat them in the playoffs.