Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default Think Kevin Love is content being a 3rd wheel in Cleveland?

He is as good as gone after the season. He's not going to stand in the corner for the rest of his career waiting for a shoot first point guard to pass him the ball.

So with that said, why does RBA act so arrogant when it comes to acting like Love won't walk? If anything, the writing is on the wall. Love is pretty much disconnected on the floor. You can tell he is treading water, waiting for the first opportunity to bold.

I mean, outside RBA, who else thinks a 25/12/5 big man from California will happily average 15/10 while playing in Cleveland for the rest of his prime?

Default Re: So RedBlackAttack really thinks Kevin Love is content being a 3rd wheel in Cleveland?

He came to Cleveland knowing he would be a third option....

Default Re: So RedBlackAttack really thinks Kevin Love is content being a 3rd wheel in Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    No he didn't

How hard is this understand? Love is a better basketball player than Kyrie Irving and its not all that close.

The only people who dont get this is David Blatt and RBA

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

This a lie dude. Kevin Love came here thinking he'd at least be the second option.

I'm not even saying I think he'll leave, but come on now.

Why don't you make a terrible rap song about it?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    No he didn't

How hard is this understand? Love is a better basketball player than Kyrie Irving and its not all that close.

The only people who dont get this is David Blatt and RBA
    PB is actually right.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

PB makes another thread with me in the title. How many does this make now, over the years? A dozen? More?

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    This a lie dude. Kevin Love came here thinking he'd at least be the second option.

I'm not even saying I think he'll leave, but come on now.
    He was gonna usurp Kyrie Irving just like that? Bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    PB makes another thread with me in the title. How many does this make now, over the years? A dozen? More?

How about you defend your asinine opinion?

Your stannery for Kyrie Irving is flatout disgusting

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Translation: Rent free.

You know you want to say it, RBA.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

He was gonna usurp Kyrie Irving just like that? Bruh.
    Bruh nothin.

You gonna sit there and tell me a 26 & 10 guy was coming with the intention of being a third option?

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Bruh nothin.

You gonna sit there and tell me a 26 & 10 guy was coming with the intention of being a third option?
    Well he wasnt going to be a first option. For obvious reasons.

Did he think he was more alpha than Kyrie?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

If Love wants to explore his (very limited) options via free agency this summer, he has every right to do so. But, keep in mind he is going to get his first taste of playoff intensity basketball this year and I'd like to think that being on the floor when things really matter will supercede any potentially damaged pride he may feel as a result of being the third offensive option... a spot which he has earned with his play thus far.

The entitlement culture never ceases to amaze me. Forget about earning your stripes and finding your place on a team. "I want to win and I want the ball or I'm leaving." Assuming that's his attitude, which I highly doubt.

I know this is sort of a troll thread but there is a point in there. Does the allure of 'meaningful basketball' carry more weight than the fact that Kevin Love is a 17/10 role player now?

Going from a superstar to a role player while still in your prime can't be easy to stomach. He's basically sacrificing his own individual legacy in order to shoot for a ring.

If Love wants to explore his (very limited) options via free agency this summer, he has every right to do so. But, keep in mind he is going to get his first taste of playoff intensity basketball this year and I'd like to think that being on the floor when things really matter will supercede any potentially damaged pride he may feel as a result of being the third offensive option... a spot which he has earned with his play thus far.

The entitlement culture never ceases to amaze me. Forget about earning your stripes and finding your place on a team. "I want to win and I want the ball or I'm leaving." Assuming that's his attitude, which I highly doubt.
    Only problem with this, is that Kyrie Irving will also experience his first playoff action. If he doesn't perform well as the 2nd option (which will be absolutely necessary for Cleveland to make a serious push) all the talk will go to why wasn't Kevin Love utilized correctly and used as a 2nd option. Then he will be justified for leaving because he can argue he wasn't used to his ability.