Default Question for Philly fans - Regarding KJ

I've heard nothing but praises sung for this young defensive minded/athletic prospect. What are your opinions on management having parted with the second rounder so soon? I was under the impression that he was part of of the rebuild.

Agree with the trade or disgruntled?

Default Re: Question for Philly fans - Regarding KJ

The goal is to keep the tank rolling for another 5-6 years. KJ was a nice young player but at 22 he wasn't young enough, we need someone we can rely on to step on the court and suck ass consistently for another 2-3 years at the very least.

Obviously not a Philly fan, but if I were them I'd be pretty disappointed over the KJ trade. He showed good upside with his scary athleticism and great defense. Glad the Rockets picked him up. All he needs to do now is develop a jumper, which I think he will. Could potentially become a Kawhi Leonard lite.

Ohhhhh Mili lol

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Im totally cool w it. He started off the season hot but cooler offensively after that. Not a good shooter but good defender. Recently Jerami Grant came on and was playing well and I think he had either eight or nine blocks in a game. With the emergence of Grant KJ became expendable. Grant is signed for THREE more seasons and KJ wasn't going to be around after this year so it was a good move.

Edit I've seen every one of his games this year and most people will over value him because he had an awesome dunk. He was very limited offensively and is older than Grant. He threw a dunk off the backboard to himself so everyone here thinks he's an all star. He wasn't going to play for philly next year and only signed a one year deal. He's not good offensively.
    Last edited by chocolatethunder; 02-20-2015 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Obviously not a Philly fan, but I were them I'd be pretty disappointed over the KJ trade. He showed good upside with his scary athleticism and great defense. Glad the Rockets picked him up. All he needs to now is develop a jumper, which I think he will.
    That's the similar to the praise to what I've been hearing throughout the year. I have buddy's who were cheesed he wasn't invited to the dunk contest because his athleticism was something to behold.

What exactly did they get back? Canaan?

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Im totally cool w it. He started off the season hot but cooler offensively after that. Not a good shooter but good defender. Recently Jerami Grant came on and was playing well and I think he had either eight or nine blocks in a game. With the emergence of Grant KJ became expendable. Grant is signed for THREE more seasons and KJ wasn't going to be around after this year so it was a good move.

Thanks for shedding some clarity from a 6er fan perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    That's the similar to the praise to what I've been hearing throughout the year. I have buddy's who were cheesed he wasn't invited to the dunk contest because his athleticism was something to behold.

Canaan and a second.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    The goal is to keep the tank rolling for another 5-6 years. KJ was a nice young player but at 22 he wasn't young enough, we need someone we can rely on to step on the court and suck ass consistently for another 2-3 years at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done

Canaan, and a 2nd round pick.

Canaan is an okay scorer. He's basically just a shoot-first PG who's really streaky.

Not airballing my layups anymore

As stated above, Jerami Grant is the better player. KJ signed a one year deal. He's a highlight waiting to happen, going to miss him, but I love Grant's growth and potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Obviously not a Philly fan, but if I were them I'd be pretty disappointed over the KJ trade. He showed good upside with his scary athleticism and great defense. Glad the Rockets picked him up. All he needs to do now is develop a jumper, which I think he will. Could potentially become a Kawhi Leonard lite.
    If you've watched him play you know that he's never gonna be a Leonard lite. His offense is not good. He can't handle the rock at all and is pretty much just an athlete offensively. People were wowed because he threw an alley to himself and had some dunks but he has regressed offensivlely all year. Don't expect him to develop a jumper any time soon. He was getting time on an awful team which made him look better than he is. He's a very good defender who can play 15 minutes for a good team.

If I were to take a guess at KJ's ceiling as a player it would probably be like Gerald Wallace.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck