Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Default "It's All About Tony Parker"

"It's all about Tony Parker. If he's not the Tony Parker of the past, we're not going anywhere." -Pop

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: "It's All About Tony Parker"

They aint winning shit this year anyway

Very good NBA starter

Pop is an excellent motivator and knows we need everybody healthy. Feel like he'd say this about every Spurs particularly the best ones. I'm sure Pop knows more than anybody you gotta stroke these guys egos. Just give me a healthy Big 3 and a healthy Kawhi and I'm happy - it ain't just Parker, but of course he's integral.

Overrated tbh

College superstar

pop stating the obvious

honestly they should have traded for Dragic. they'd be the legit favorites with him instead of Tony Parker's corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    They aint winning shit this year anyway

Will bump if they beat bran again.

Very good NBA starter

The Spurs win based on their depth and evenly distributed talent nowadays. They got options galore. Arguably the deepest team in the league and every game somebody different shines. Yet, each player is important. Pistons needed Billups in the mid 2000's and would probably be lost without him, yet they also needed Big Ben's presence in the paint, needed Sheed's fire, and Prince's length on the perimeter, etc, etc, and would be lost without all that too. Thankfully for SA they don't rely on any one player too much anymore, but they do need TP healthy and confident

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    The Spurs win based on their depth and evenly distributed talent nowadays. They got options galore. Arguably the deepest team in the league and every game somebody different shines. Yet, each player is important. Pistons needed Billups in the mid 2000's and would probably be lost without him, yet they also needed Big Ben's presence in the paint, needed Sheed's fire, and Prince's length on the perimeter, etc, etc, and would be lost without all that too. Thankfully for SA they don't rely on any one player too much anymore, but they do need TP healthy and confident
    Completely agree

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    honestly they should have traded for Dragic. they'd be the legit favorites with him instead of Tony Parker's corpse.
    Thank God we have RC and not you running things.

I like you, ninephive. You're a dedicated fan.

But you go a little overboard sometimes. Saying Parker has carried us for years (even though he's not even clearly been the team's best player), basically comparing him to Magic Johnson.

I do agree with Pop (and you) here though. If Parker plays like he has this Regular Season, we'll be out in the 1st round.

That's a testament to how much we need him but also how terrible he's been this year...and I don't think you can see that (not sure though, you may agree that his play has pretty much fallen off a cliff).

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    I like you, ninephive. You're a dedicated fan.

But you go a little overboard sometimes. Saying Parker has carried us for years (even though he's not even clearly been the team's best player), basically comparing him to Magic Johnson.

I do agree with Pop (and you) here though. If Parker plays like he has this Regular Season, we'll be out in the 1st round.

That's a testament to how much we need him but also how terrible he's been this year...and I don't think you can see that (not sure though, you may agree that his play has pretty much fallen off a cliff).
    Definitely not comparing him to Magic...just saying he had a record and the closest person to him there is Magic. That's one cherry-picked stat, but it's a pretty incredible one.

I agree Parker's play has been sub-last year for sure and even more sub-2013. I think people blow his overdribbling out of proportion sometimes though, becuase even when he does, he usually still produces a good shot for himself or someone else out of it. It's not the "beautiful game" movement that looks so spectactular, but it's still effective and produces very well. Heck, it even produced a clincher in game 1 of the 2013 Finals.

It's good to see him having a good game today though...I really wish he could get through the hamstring...it reminds me of Curry's ankle problems a couple years ago. He just can't seem to shake it.

He has been playing better as of late, definitely not a scrub that should be bottom 3 in the league in RPM like he was couple weeks ago. I was shocked to see that shit, no way is he that bad.

injuries slowing him down

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    Yes!