Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain at 280lbs ("30lbs below playing weight") had 23 inch biceps

One thing is for sure, Wilt was jacked as ****. I don't think anyone can argue that. It's funny because people cite numbers to prove how athletic or jacked they are, but there is no need with Wilt. He was obviously a beast.

I still don't think he'd be stronger on the block than Shaq, but in terms of weight lifting and sprinting, he's got it.

-Smak

Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain at 280lbs ("30lbs below playing weight") had 23 inch biceps

From the mouth of Jerry West

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

wilt can eat lots of bbq...interesting

what the hell why is there a bbq pit add on the bottom of my screen right now...this shizz be crazy
    Last edited by warriorfan; 03-08-2015 at 06:27 AM.

College superstar

In this thread...

People don't understand perspective
    Body builders don't know that not all strength is "visible" (I look strong as hell. I'm not).
    ISH
    CavsFTW

Fun read, though, while I sipped vodka. I may be single tomorrow when my girl wakes me up to learn I had only gotten 2-3 hours of sleep, though, and can't stay awake for her b-day celebrations...

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Seriously, I remember LAZ and CavsFTW arguing Wilt was clean and jerking a certain amount of weight back in the day, and someone actually looked up the world record at the time and Wilt was only 5lbs off it or something.

You guys are deluded when it comes to Wilt.
    If you mean the bench press, I was the one who looked up the world record at that time, it's crazy how people can cling such myths in 2015.

Banned

Bicep size bigger than Finals ppg average

Only Wilt

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abuC

I posted a 7 footer that had bigger peak biceps than Wilt :

And you're so delusional you think these arms are bigger

You keep quoting arm length in relation to peak bicep size because you're clueless, how have you "exposed" me I know what I'm talking about because I actually lift and have lifted for years now, you actually believe natural 23" biceps on a 7 footer is possible, when nobody else on the planet with arms that size has done it without gear.
    I have no idea about Chamberlain's bicep measurement. But this pair of pictures does not help your case any, in fact you pretty much destroyed yourself.

First off the picture of that dude on top is a drastically different perspective, and while I know next to nothing about perspective, clearly it is something you know not of.

You're trying to say the guy on top has huger arms than the guys below..... like those pictures are equal in perspective. You at least imply it by not making it clear, which is either deceptive or stupid.
    Which means that guy's head is bigger than Arnold's entire torso.

So let's use something that approaches a constant in both pictures, instead of either deliberately, or stupidly, treating those as the same perspective.
    Namely their head.

A 6' tall person has a head that measures about 9 1/2" or 10" top to bottom. So a guy with a bicep that is the same size as a 6 footer's head, is gonna go 20 inches or maybe a little more.

That dude on top (the one who is inside a room on purpose designed to make guys look big so they feel better... and very close to the camera) has an arm - bicep, tricep, bone and all - quite a bit smaller than his head. His bicep is about the same as his head from the top to his mouth. Since he's a 7 footer, that makes for a huge arm because his head is probably 12 inches not 10.

Meanwhile, the Chamberlain picture..... is elongated severely by the greater distance from the camera, by the appearance of being in a hall, by being outside, all of which have enormous impact on perspective.

Chamberlain's arm is very close to the same size as Arnold's head. Arnold Schwarzenegger (without his acting platform shoes), in a gym in the '70s, was just over 6 feet tall.

Which makes Chamberlain's arm measurement 20+ inches in that picture.
    Last edited by La Frescobaldi; 03-08-2015 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Dude was hilariously tall. Remember reading about him as a kid and I never forgot his name.

dat head size tho

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Dude was hilariously tall. Remember reading about him as a kid and I never forgot his name.

dat head size tho
    yeah and another thing - his arm is as big as Shaq's head. Which means those guns right there are freaking humongous!!
    Which is an example of my point in the post right before yours.

that one dude abuC may lift weights but he doesn't do it with his brain or his eye... both of which - from perspective - are pretty much atrophied.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    I don't know if I buy the 23" arms claim (or any number of other tales about Wilt), but how do debunkers explain a bodybuilding professional like Arnold saying many times that he personally saw Wilt benchpress 500 pounds, tricep extension 170 pounds (when the strongest guys were only doing 120 according to Arnold) etc.?

I can believe that Wilt had tremendous strength more than any of the other claims. When I saw him pick up a grown man and wave him around like he was a piece of paper (no, it doesn't matter that the dude is like 160 pounds - that's live weight, and Wilt doesn't even FLEX his back or arms to do this. This is amazing imo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huF3PFXU-V0
    Where did you see that?

wilt was a scrawny wimp who liked to tell stories

Jordan Stopper

this niggga cavsFTL is just begging for channel views
    prolonging the life of this thread just to casually drop some links to his channel

up next: how wilt showed his dick on a farm to shatter the confidence of an erect horse. only on ish

Once again, anybody that ever spent any time competitively body building in their life would laugh at these old delusional ******s.

Like I said over a year ago,

Prime Arnold, Joey Swoll, Rich Piana, Ronnie Coleman, Phil Health, CT Fletcher did not hit 23 inch ARMS in their prime.

Arm size isn't measured by ****ing biceps. You flex the entire arm and put the measuring tape around it.

Natural arms for the BEST natural body builders in the world peak around 19-20 inches TOPS (Mike O'Hearn is the best natural power bodybuilder in the world and he has around 20s) and his arms are MUCH bigger than Wilt's were.

Guys with 21-22'5 inch arms are generally on lots of Growth, Deca, Test, Tren, DBOL, etc.

A guy who spend half his life doing a high cardio sport has NO CHANCE to develop that size. From those pictures, Wilt had around 17'5s and thats me being generous. Also, height and arm lenght has NOTHING TO DO WITH arm size ****ing retarded Wilt stans.

One thing: Mike O' Tren is NOT clean.