Default Re: Karl-Anthony and Cauley-Stein: Kentucky

Cauley-Stein.........

Silver can

Good High School Starter truhooper's Avatar

WCS is ass

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Towns is the next Tim Duncan.. He has the tools to play the 4 and 5 spots can pass rebound block shots score in post and away from basket. He has more upside than okafur and will be the better pro down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Towns is the next Tim Duncan.. He has the tools to play the 4 and 5 spots can pass rebound block shots score in post and away from basket. He has more upside than okafur and will be the better pro down the line.
    I see the same thing.

He will have a long, long career playing just like Duncan plays.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    I see the same thing.

He will have a long, long career playing just like Duncan plays.
    he does not have Tim Duncan's tools. lets not get silly.

I don't think you can really judge Towns because he is such a friendly environment and is never really pushed like other players due to his overall team strength. Im gonna wait until his rookie year, something i usually dont do...but this Kentucky team is an odd duck

Tim Duncan is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Tim Duncan is a bit much.
    no it's not, Tim Duncan wasn't a superstar his freshman year of College.

Towns isn't going to come into the league and be the 22/12 guy that Tim Duncan was right away and that's because Duncan stayed in College a few years and worked on his game. Give Towns a year or two in the league and he will be 22 and 12 player.

Towns is so much better than that bum Okafor it isn't even funny. Okafor is the next Al Jefferson, no defense just post moves, not winning basketball. I feel sorry for whoever gets him.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    no it's not, Tim Duncan wasn't a superstar his freshman year of College.

Towns isn't going to come into the league and be the 22/12 guy that Tim Duncan was right away and that's because Duncan stayed in College a few years and worked on his game. Give Towns a year or two in the league and he will be 22 and 12 player.

Towns is so much better than that bum Okafor it isn't even funny. Okafor is the next Al Jefferson, no defense just post moves, not winning basketball. I feel sorry for whoever gets him.
    Yes it is.

Yes it is.
    He plays like Duncan/Aldridge. He may never have the career of Duncan but there's no reason he can't average 18 and 9 his rookie season.

He plays like Duncan/Aldridge. He may never have the career of Duncan but there's no reason he can't average 18 and 9 his rookie season.
    I just think Duncan as a freshman was more smooth, fluid and better defensive awareness.

I'm actually high on Towns as I've kind of took on your arguments for him. Crazy potential, you may disagree but I think he is a boom or bust guy. I expect him to boom however. Sixers land a top 2 pick and he is there at 1 or 2? I hope they take him. Despite needing a future guard badly. Embiid-Towns duo is scary potential wise. Aldridge not a bad comparison. Someone said if Towns wasn't a star as some project he could end up a Rasheed Wallace. Which isn't bad either.

I like Towns tho. Today he just snuffed out shots left and right. Even tho 2 could be argued goaltends. For a guy without that elite athleticism he is good at anticipating and his length showed today. 18-9 as a rookie tho? I dont know man. He has room for improvement. Watching him on offense he could use a full season to work on, refine areas of his game. I'd be shocked if he avg that rookie season. Second season sure. Rookie? Eh, dunno brother.

But you got me on board with Towns over Okafor train.

can towns shoot it like aldridge?

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    He has very good range I saw him in hs knock down 5 threes in one game. On next level he will have a nice mix of inside out offense. I said Duncan demeanor plus skill wise. Obviously Duncan career wise is a tall task with achievements but towns has a lot of skills.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    He pulled from the volleyball line regularly in high school

I just think Duncan as a freshman was more smooth, fluid and better defensive awareness.

I'm actually high on Towns as I've kind of took on your arguments for him. Crazy potential, you may disagree but I think he is a boom or bust guy. I expect him to boom however. Sixers land a top 2 pick and he is there at 1 or 2? I hope they take him. Despite needing a future guard badly. Embiid-Towns duo is scary potential wise. Aldridge not a bad comparison. Someone said if Towns wasn't a star as some project he could end up a Rasheed Wallace. Which isn't bad either.

I like Towns tho. Today he just snuffed out shots left and right. Even tho 2 could be argued goaltends. For a guy without that elite athleticism he is good at anticipating and his length showed today. 18-9 as a rookie tho? I dont know man. He has room for improvement. Watching him on offense he could use a full season to work on, refine areas of his game. I'd be shocked if he avg that rookie season. Second season sure. Rookie? Eh, dunno brother.

But you got me on board with Towns over Okafor train.
    I would like to see Nerlens and KAT, with a young ball distributing point guard, a scoring 2, and a 3 and D 3.

Average age around 22 or so... You'll have championships for years.
    Last edited by UK2K; 03-08-2015 at 02:20 AM.

Phil Jackson and the New York Knicks' front office have traveled to scout several practices of the Kentucky basketball team.

The Knicks are expected to pick between No. 1 and No. 5 in the NBA Draft and could consider Karl-Anthony Towns or Willie Cauley-Stein.