Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Has any coach in NBA history done less with more than Scott Brooks?

I mean there have been some pretty terrible coaches in NBA history, but have any of them done less with more talent?

Having two MVP players on your team along with a perennial DPOY candidate and a very solid bench of role players is every coaches dream.

The fact that this man manages to actually hold his team back is absolutely astonishing. I mean he gets outcoached on a regular basis but tonight Thibs just made him look like a joke.

The only guy who comes to mind is Mike Brown, but he didn't have as talented of a roster as Brooks does.

My mind is blown that he has one of the easiest jobs in the NBA yet he manages to royally screw it up beyond belief.

Default Re: Has any coach in NBA history done less with more than Scott Brooks?

What do you mean done less?

multiple 55+ win seaons
    Finals appearance
    2 WCF finals losses
    1 Semi loss (Westbrook down)

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    What do you mean done less?

multiple 55+ win seaons
    Finals appearance
    2 WCF finals losses
    1 Semi loss (Westbrook down)
    Since they traded Harden, they've been to one WCF, that's it.

They did that with the reigning MVP Durant and Westbrook playing at MVP level (28-8-7 in the playoffs).

Any high school coach in the country could've done the exact same thing with that roster.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyRabbit

They did that with the reigning MVP Durant and Westbrook playing at MVP level (28-8-7 in the playoffs).

Any high school coach in the country could've done the exact same thing with that roster.
    They've played 2 years without harden....

brooks isnt the problem. There aren't 5 other coaches you would pick over him.

George Karl comes to mind
    Avery Johnson

Brooks is a shitty coach not sure how anyone can argue otherwise, that team is stacked as hell now.. If Durant comes back healthy even with brooks dumb coaching they should advance

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    George Karl comes to mind
    Avery Johnson

Brooks is a shitty coach not sure how anyone can argue otherwise, that team is stacked as hell now.. If Durant comes back healthy even with brooks dumb coaching they should advance

Karl --> 1 trip out of the first round in 10 attempts.

OKC has had some devastating playoff injuries in a brutal western conference.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Mike. D'antoni.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    They've played 2 years without harden....

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Mike. D'antoni.
    Fist name that came to mind.

yall niguhs trippin

for how talented OKC is you also have to look their the flaws if anything Brooks is giving too much of the reigns to Westbrook and Durant. As great as those players are they aren't dynamic enough to dictate an entire offense. Durant getting shut down my midget defenders and yall blaming the coach

I don't think OKC will ever win a ring with Brooks. You can get away with a lack of game planning and adjustments in the regular season as Durant/Westbrook can just overwhelm you. But in the playoffs, when teams play each other many games, adjustments are part of the game.

Brooks has never really had a set offense. It's just KD and WB doing their thing. And in crunch time, those guys seem to take turns taking the shots. They have Kanter now but I don't know if he's going to put them over the top as he isn't exactly Olajuwon in the post game.

The only way I see OKC winning it all is if their dynamic duo play out of their minds at the right time. But other than that, when the game slows down, the lack of game planning will show.

Avery, Mike Brown. D'Antoni got screwed.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I mean there have been some pretty terrible coaches in NBA history, but have any of them done less with more talent?

Having two MVP players on your team along with a perennial DPOY candidate and a very solid bench of role players is every coaches dream.

The fact that this man manages to actually hold his team back is absolutely astonishing. I mean he gets outcoached on a regular basis but tonight Thibs just made him look like a joke.

The only guy who comes to mind is Mike Brown, but he didn't have as talented of a roster as Brooks does.

My mind is blown that he has one of the easiest jobs in the NBA yet he manages to royally screw it up beyond belief.
    Are people STILL overrating Ibaka's impact on the defensive end?

Lmfao, they've played two seasons since they traded Harden, and in one of them lost their 2nd best player, in the other they made the WCF and you emphasize it like you just said shit