Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How can some NBA players have such terrible shooting form?

They may be accurate yes, but youd think that having professional trainers theyd eventually get a at least decent jump shot.

Default Re: How can some NBA players have such terrible shooting form?

Because some guys just can't shoot.

Very good NBA starter

I read an article about Austin Rivers jump shot. And how Doc told him to just stick with it if thats whats comfortable.

his aint terrible but his elbow goes out far

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    I read an article about Austin Rivers jump shot. And how Doc told him to just stick with it if thats whats comfortable.

his aint terrible but his elbow goes out far

i dunno, i think with a father that has played in the nba, at least youd have a respectable jumpshot? lets face it, players with broken forms are usually bad shooters(with the occasional exceptions). i think form is more a habit than born, and it CAN be changed. its just strikes me as odd, especially in the case of rivers whose father was a player and is a famed nba coach.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Because some guys just can't shoot.

Shooting is simply a movement pattern that can be repeated again and again through practice. If you can physically make a shot one time, then you can get better and practice it. All that matters is the work you put in.

Minor discrepancies aren't that big of a problem. But when your shot is as bad as Rivers or MKG, there's no excuse for them to set their ego to the side and absolutely start from the basics and practice a new shooting form.

As long is the shot goes in, so what?

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleDa

Shooting is simply a movement pattern that can be repeated again and again through practice. If you can physically make a shot one time, then you can get better and practice it. All that matters is the work you put in.

Minor discrepancies aren't that big of a problem. But when your shot is as bad as Rivers or MKG, there's no excuse for them to set their ego to the side and absolutely start from the basics and practice a new shooting form.
    i agree, as long as they can lift their arms they can shoot. but i think its really hard, maybe too hard to start from scratch again

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    As long is the shot goes in, so what?
    they could be so much better with a great form, its no coincidence that the best shooters usually have a pure form

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleDa

I've coached plenty of players into good shooters, and some just don't have it. For whatever reason they can't compute the movement needed between mind and body, at least not when inserting court movement and balance into it.
    It's tough to understand for the majority who CAN fix their jump shot but it is reality, the evidence is right in front of you as well, hence this thread.

I've coached plenty of players into good shooters, and some just don't have it. For whatever reason they can't compute the movement needed between mind and body, at least not when inserting court movement and balance into it.
    It's tough to understand for the majority who CAN fix their jump shot but it is reality, the evidence is right in front of you as well, hence this thread.
    admittedly, this is partly true, mostly its the problem with the body and arms coordination i think, some people (myself for instance) cant really time the legs and body shooting motion right although we know all the theories. but still, some things like arm formations shouldnt really be that hard to learn, right?

I usually hit open layups

Not everybody in the NBA is there for their shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee682
    Not everybody in the NBA is there for their shooting.
    true, but so many players would be so much better if they could just have at least a respectable jumper, and good shooting forms usually lead to good shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    admittedly, this is partly true, mostly its the problem with the body and arms coordination i think, some people (myself for instance) cant really time the legs and body shooting motion right although we know all the theories. but still, some things like arm formations shouldnt really be that hard to learn, right?
    It's not party true, it's 100% trust me.

It's not party true, it's 100% trust me.

when shawn marion misses a shot it should count as 2 missed shots