Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #16
brownmamba00
Cali Love

Default Re: Griezmann, arguably France's best player throughout the WC, says he loves D Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Their 2 CBs, Kante, Pog, Mbappe and Griezzman were all amazing though.
True they have a good team but I thought griezman was mediocre this tournament in comparison with his club and his last EC performances.

Mbappe played above expectations. He basically beat Argentine by himself and he had a great semi finals against Belgium.

Jan Vertonghen was great earlier in the tournament against quality wingers like Willian and Sterling but absolutely fell apart tryna defend Mbappe. Even slapped him in the back of his head out of anger at the end of that game
brownmamba00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #17
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Default Re: Griezmann, arguably France's best player throughout the WC, says he loves D Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
True they have a good team but I thought griezman was mediocre this tournament in comparison with his club and his last EC performances.

Mbappe played above expectations. He basically beat Argentine by himself and he had a great semi finals against Belgium.

Jan Vertonghen was great earlier in the tournament against quality wingers like Willian and Sterling but absolutely fell apart tryna defend Mbappe. Even slapped him in the back of his head out of anger at the end of that game
Girezzman was clutch af my man, just look at his impact in the KO games of the tournament:
Argentina, scored the 1st goal
Uruguay, scored 2nd goal to kill the game
Belgium, assisted the only goal of the game
Croatia, scored the first 2 goals

Had 4 goals and 3 assists. You're not going to shine in a stacked team like you would in a worse team like Croatia with Modric for example. Plus he bought into the team concept this year compared to the Euros, "I was top scorer in Euros two years ago and we didn't win. Don't care for goals, just want the trophy." And he played like it, likely worse stats than normal but made the team that much better. Played the best defense in his entire career. This is a concept that probably flies over every LeStan (not saying you are one). Add to team impact over individual stats.

But France had half their XI playing world class football.

Last edited by hold this L : 07-18-2018 at 09:48 AM.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:45 AM   #18
alenleomessi
L

griezmann is a classic euro gloryhunter.. he is a fan of every ex/current nba superstar

and he was one of the worst french players this tournament.. varane, umtiti, kante, pogba, mbappe were all significantly better.. arguably lloris, pavard, lucas and matuidi as well.. he was for sure better than giroud though ill give you that

a resident CL choker.. glad barca didnt sign him
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:48 AM   #19
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
griezmann is a classic euro gloryhunter.. he is a fan of every ex/current nba superstar

and he was one of the worst french players this tournament.. varane, umtiti, kante, pogba, mbappe were all significantly better.. arguably lloris, pavard, lucas and matuidi as well.. he was for sure better than giroud though ill give you that

a resident CL choker.. glad barca didnt sign him
You sir are a moron.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:07 AM   #20
LAVAR BALL
Dunking on everybody in the park

Griezman scored 4 goals...Including 3 penalty kicks.

Kante and Pogba were better all-around during the world cup, and M'Bappe was France's lethal weapon on the last 3 games.

They all had a great run, but Kante has been the best for me (except the finals, when he played with Gastro-enthritis
LAVAR BALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:10 AM   #21
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAVAR BALL
Griezman scored 4 goals...Including 3 penalty kicks.

Kante and Pogba were better all-around during the world cup, and M'Bappe was France's lethal weapon on the last 3 games.

They all had a great run, but Kante has been the best for me (except the finals, when he played with Gastro-enthritis
He scored 5, no way is that Mandzu touch an OG, it was already going in. But I agree with you that Kante was the most consistent and can be argued as the best player, even though he wasn't good in the final.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:49 AM   #22
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
Did Pogba die

It's b/w him and Griezmann

Pogba didnt do much.

Stop talking about soccer.
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:10 PM   #23
brownmamba00
Cali Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Girezzman was clutch af my man, just look at his impact in the KO games of the tournament:
Argentina, scored the 1st goal
Uruguay, scored 2nd goal to kill the game
Belgium, assisted the only goal of the game
Croatia, scored the first 2 goals

Had 4 goals and 3 assists. You're not going to shine in a stacked team like you would in a worse team like Croatia with Modric for example. Plus he bought into the team concept this year compared to the Euros, "I was top scorer in Euros two years ago and we didn't win. Don't care for goals, just want the trophy." And he played like it, likely worse stats than normal but made the team that much better. Played the best defense in his entire career. This is a concept that probably flies over every LeStan (not saying you are one). Add to team impact over individual stats.

But France had half their XI playing world class football.
His goals came off penalties and his assists were off corner kicks. He wasn't all that in the fluid flowing part of the game. I wasn't impressed bro. ''His impact'' could easily be replicated by players like de Bruyne, Modric, Coutinho, etc. All attacking midfielders who had better tournaments.
brownmamba00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:05 PM   #24
ImKobe
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
His goals came off penalties and his assists were off corner kicks. He wasn't all that in the fluid flowing part of the game. I wasn't impressed bro. ''His impact'' could easily be replicated by players like de Bruyne, Modric, Coutinho, etc. All attacking midfielders who had better tournaments.

Griezmann was about as big as Modric and had a better WC, since he led a team to the WC. 2 goals in the biggest game of the tournament. Luka had two the entire World Cup. Griezmann is a choker on the CL stage, but let's not act like he was a scrub compared to those guys.

Either way, 4 goals and 2 assists is damn good. Literally put up twice the scoring numbers that Luka did, despite him playing on a more stacked roster, where he got less touches due to everyone being so great. Only thing that Luka beats him out in are the number of touches and passes, and we all know why those numbers are so different. Either way, he was fking great all WC.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: