Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Chris Webber 51 points, 26 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks vs Pacers

47 shots?

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Chris Webber 51 points, 26 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocks vs Pacers

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    Wilt Chamberlain
    -36.9 PPG/22.3 RPG/5.0 APG on 52.4% shooting(1963-64)
    -33.5 PPG/24.6 RPG/5.2 APG on 54.0% shooting(1965-66)

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    -30.2 PPG/16.1 RPG/5.0 APG on 55.4% shooting(1972-73)
    -27.7 PPG/16.9 RPG/5.0 APG on 52.9% shooting(1975-76)
    Only two? I'm asking because in the Blake thread most of us agreed on a potential 27 ppg, 13 rpg, 5 apg Blake at his ultimate peak. That's incredible that Wilt and Cap did that . It's mind blowing in modern basketball terms. Wonder if we will ever have a player put up anything close to those numbers again.

Thanks for taking time to find for me

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I think Webber and Sheed have the same issue. More skilled than 99 percent of players.... but mentally immature/weak. Webber was a very high skill player but a low IQ player and a choke.
    Calling Webber a low IQ player is absolutely incorrect; C-Webb was a choker though. Sheed wasn't a choker, but he did have a temper and a mental issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPerceive
    Calling Webber a low IQ player is absolutely incorrect; C-Webb was a choker though. Sheed wasn't a choker, but he did have a temper and a mental issue.
    Webber's passing and court vision gives the impression of a smart player but his poor shot selection, inefficiency, and low impact on games despite his skill level and natural talent make him a lower IQ player. I watched him plenty to see him consistently force bad shots and make dumb plays. Maybe LOW is a bit excessive on my part, but he's average at best intelligence wise.

Do you know even at his peak the best he ever had in win shares was 11? How sad is that for a player putting up 27, 11, 4.2 apg, 1 spg and 2 bpg??? I've actually never seen such a good player on paper be less impacting on his team. Webber was his days Kevin Love in terms of impact. Amazing all around stats, little to show for it when you look at his impact. Never a legit franchise player/1st option really, despite appearing to be one. He never carried Sacramento.

Forgot to mention...

ESPN Classic rated Chris Webber the 6th most overrated sports figure of all time. This poll actually included coaches as well. If it was players only I believe he would of been 4th or so.

Scottie Pippen also said Webber puts up great stats but has very little impact on wins and losses (which is what I'm saying here). Funny thing though is he said KG is the same in this sense but he said this back in 05 or 06 before KG became a Celtic.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 10-10-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
    47 shots?

At least he made half of them, unlike Kobe in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    At least he made half of them, unlike Kobe in Boston.
    Kobe is a wing player though man. Different standards. A big man shooting 50 shots is a MUCH different story than a player who was a shot jacking SG. Everybody knows Kobe was an egotistical shot jacker throughout his career. If my big man is shooting 50 shots, more than half outside the paint.. I'm immediately taking his starting job.

I'd love to see Blake becoming as good as prime Webber one day.

Kobe is a wing player though man. Different standards. A big man shooting 50 shots is a MUCH different story than a player who was a shot jacking SG. Everybody knows Kobe was an egotistical shot jacker throughout his career. If my big man is shooting 50 shots, more than half outside the paint.. I'm immediately taking his starting job.

Not really. Webber wasn't exactly one to stay in the paint. He was a jump shooting big man. MJ was every bit the shooter Kobe was and you would never see Jordan go 17/47. No where near 40% and they only lost by 3 in overtime. 17/47and 0/8 from downtown. I have never seen a perimter shooter jack up so many shots and be so inefficient.

What does Kobe have to do with this jacka$$. Keep your agenda out.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    What does Kobe have to do with this jacka$$. Keep your agenda out.

Kiss my mulatto ass. Butthurt because your n!gga attempted 47 shots, hitting just 17 of them. Attempting 8 threes, hitting NONE of them. And losing in overtime. FAIL.

5 titles. WINNING

Learning to shoot layups

Everybody knows Kobe was an egotistical shot jacker throughout his career.
    And yet he has more rings than the Clippers will ever have.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    5 titles. WINNING

Robert Horry > Kobe Bryant

Learning to shoot layups

@ this moron bringing up a game from 9 years ago.