Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Kobe article. The best I have ever read.

Just wow.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...602/index.html

Please don't start a flame war here, no hater/groupie nonsense, whatever. Just read the piece. It's really something out of this world. Unbelievable stuff, definitely, I'd say. Greatness. Pulitzer. No doubt. One bit. About it.

Living Legend

Default Re: Kobe article. The best I have ever read.

What more can you say really?

Well Kobe seems like he would get on my nerves as a teammate. But what a beast.

Great read, really puts into perspective his drive and will and why he seems like a loner. It points out his faults as a person, but incorporates that into why he is the player he is today and why no can touch him.

If you can't respect that drive to be the best, then there is something wrong with you. You dont have to like the guy but you must respect his drive.

NBA rookie of the year

Good article.

In It to Win It

Excellent article, good find Emile.

This is actually one reason why I stopped hating the guy and actually became his fan, he has that competitive edge which is very inspiring actually. I can identify with him because in many ways, I see my own personality. He is extremely similar to a certain Michael Jordan (my favorite player of all time) in that they both approach the game in an extremely competitive standpoint, and have that intense killer instinct. They both have that insane confidence and desire to take over the game. That is how I wish more players approached the game.
    Last edited by ForceOfNature; 05-27-2008 at 07:03 PM.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Great article. I posted this earlier in the Kobe thread.

My thoughts? "You gotta know when to hold em...know when to fold em". Sometimes you have to sacrifice a battle here and there to win the war. Young Kobe was so competitive that he wanted to win every battle (personal) without keeping track of the war (winning). This excerpt illustrates my point.

Quote Originally Posted by from the article
    In Bryant's mind, however, no one is unbeatable. As a rookie with the Lakers, despite his coming straight out of high school, he approached Harris. "He said, 'Coach, if you just give me the ball and clear out, I can beat anybody in this league,' " recalls Harris. When that pitch didn't work, the 6' 6" Bryant returned. "Then he'd say, 'Coach, I can post up anybody who's guarding me. If you just get me in there and clear it out, I can post up anybody.' " Harris chuckles. "I said, 'Kobe, I know you can, but right now you can't do it at a high enough rate for the team we have, and I'm not going to tell Shaquille O'Neal to get out of the way so you can do this.' Kobe didn't like it. He understood it, but in his heart he didn't accept it."
    He's always wanted it his way or the highway. That has cost him in the past. I think Kobe has always wanted to be the best individual nba player of all time...not necessarily the best winner. Kobe would die to play MJ one on one and I'm sure MJ would happily accept the challenge, but I have a feeling MJ would rather spank one of those championship Laker teams from earlier this decade than beating Kobe Bryant one on one. And therein lies the difference.

Decent playground baller NotWorthy's Avatar

Nice article, Kobe is crazy!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Great article. I especially love reading about when he was younger.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emile
    Just wow.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...602/index.html

Please don't start a flame war here, no hater/groupie nonsense, whatever. Just read the piece. It's really something out of this world. Unbelievable stuff, definitely, I'd say. Greatness. Pulitzer. No doubt. One bit. About it.
    Pulitzer? If I were one to take the Lord's name in vain, I'd be doing so right now. Pulitzer? Only from a Kobe fan will you find such blatant idiocy.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

This is no surprise, really. If you just watch Kobe on the court you'll easily notice everything that was written in the article.

Book 'em Dan'l

kobe bryant. what's more to say about him. we can all appreciate him, but also the guy you don't want to be teammates with. his drive could drive a team down in the closing seconds of a close game, but also help a team come back from 20 down to win a crucial game.

I started to read it, but when I saw how long it was, I said f*ck it. I don't like Kobe that damn much.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Great article. I posted this earlier in the Kobe thread.

My thoughts? "You gotta know when to hold em...know when to fold em". Sometimes you have to sacrifice a battle here and there to win the war. Young Kobe was so competitive that he wanted to win every battle (personal) without keeping track of the war (winning). This excerpt illustrates my point.

He's always wanted it his way or the highway. That has cost him in the past. I think Kobe has always wanted to be the best individual nba player of all time...not necessarily the best winner. Kobe would die to play MJ one on one and I'm sure MJ would happily accept the challenge, but I have a feeling MJ would rather spank one of those championship Laker teams from earlier this decade than beating Kobe Bryant one on one. And therein lies the difference.
    lol

Good High School Starter

I wonder who the other 28 players are that love the game like AI and Kobe.