Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: MJ speaks out against violence against blacks and cop killings

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Lol. How many times does a husband get to beat his wife in a certain amount of time before you say that too much?

And mind you. I think this wouldn't be an issue if these officers were punished. But more often than not, they're let go.
    Why would you respond with "LOL"...like I didn't have the following quote in my post;

Again...that is terrible and quite frankly disgusting that it happens

And...who is saying we shouldn't talk about racism and problems with police culture? It certainly isn't me in this thread.

I just think we should also be focusing on reality...and not fall victim to this false, sensationalized, and quite frankly dangerous narrative that it is "open season" on blacks in society.

I also think the black community has to address the reality of how many more interactions they are having with cops due to the absurdly disproportionate amount of crime black males commit.

Nobody...at least not me...is denying that there is a problem with racism and police culture. However, it doesn't fit the narrative all too well if people were to realize that more people get struck by lightning each year in the US...by like 3 to 4 times...than unarmed black people are killed by cops.

Problem? You bet. Systemic problem that the media and BLM put forth? Nope.

To deny either side of the debate is to prevent progress from happening imo.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 07-26-2016 at 02:25 AM.

Oh don't get it twisted. He had an awesome defense. And boatloads of money. They called OJs Lawyers "the dream team". And my point is that had he had an appoIntel attorney, hed be in jail for those killings regardless of race. It's about money. And that jury was hardly incompetent. That's gonna have to be for another discussion.

The arrest and accusing level does not matter bro. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. How can you say that it was ok for Zimmerman to follow Martin, because he wasn't breaking any laws and then throw out the law when it comes to blacks all together?
    Are you aware that after the verdict was read, right in the court room for everyone to see, one of the jurors looked right at OJ and did the "black power" fist?

That being said, not guilty was the correct verdict.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Holy fvck @ the arguments made for cops shooting unarmed black people in this country due to feeling "threatened".

Literally the definition of "open season".

Say what you wanna say about the cop killers in Dallas/Baton Rouge, but at least they were going after armed people who were supposed to be trained to fight back.

I definitely have some type of respect for that even though I don't agree with it.

But shooting/killing unarmed/defenseless people is cowardly as fvck.

Lastly....

Until police officers AS A WHOLE stand up and SPEAK OUT against police brutality, innocent/silent/good officers will die as a reaction to innocent civilians dying.

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    Holy fvck @ the arguments made for cops shooting unarmed black people in this country due to feeling "threatened".

Literally the definition of "open season".

Say what you wanna say about the cop killers in Dallas/Baton Rouge, but at least they were going after armed people who were supposed to be trained to fight back.

I definitely have some type of respect for that even though I don't agree with it.

But shooting/killing unarmed/defenseless people is cowardly as fvck.

Lastly....

Until police officers AS A WHOLE stand up and SPEAK OUT against police brutality, innocent/silent/good officers will die as a reaction to innocent civilians dying.

So...you have some type of respect for killing cops that had nothing to do with other incidents...

And you want to be taken seriously?

I have no respect for cops that kill unarmed and innocent citizens...and no respect for the people that kill cops.

Also...just no...the definition of "open season" is not at all supported by the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Why would you respond with "LOL"...like I didn't have the following quote in my post;

Again...that is terrible and quite frankly disgusting that it happens

And...who is saying we shouldn't talk about racism and problems with police culture? It certainly isn't me in this thread.

I just think we should also be focusing on reality...and not fall victim to this false, sensationalized, and quite frankly dangerous narrative that it is "open season" on blacks in society.

I also think the black community has to address the reality of how many more interactions they are having with cops due to the absurdly disproportionate amount of crime black males commit.

Nobody...at least not me...is denying that there is a problem with racism and police culture. However, it doesn't fit the narrative all too well if people were to realize that more people get struck by lightning each year in the US...by like 3 to 4 times...than unarmed black people are killed by cops.

Problem? You bet. Systemic problem that the media and BLM put forth? Nope.

To deny either side of the debate is to prevent progress from happening imo.
    I'm not denying that there's a crime problem in the black community. I disagree with the the assesment that blacks are just inherently evil people.

And I have a problem with people that dont v want to admit the combination of reasons for the high crime rate in the black community.

Here's my reasons as to why blacks are committed at a higher rate.
    1. The nuclear family is broke.

2. Low income/poverty

3. Inability to defend themselves when theyre accused

4. Racial profiling from police

5. Racism

6. The prison industrial complex

7. Some blacks are just no damn good.

I'm not denying that there's a crime problem in the black community. I disagree with the the assesment that blacks are just inherently evil people.

And I have a problem with people that dont v want to admit the combination of reasons for the high crime rate in the black community.

Here's my reasons as to why blacks are committed at a higher rate.
    1. The nuclear family is broke.

2. Low income/poverty

3. Inability to defend themselves when theyre accused

4. Racial profiling from police

5. Racism

6. The prison industrial complex

7. Some blacks are just no damn good.
    Of course I agree with the bold. I have never uttered anything like that.

I also agree that there are a number of reasons why black males commit such a large percentage of crime. Again...I have never argued against the reasons you list.

However, you should turn your same logic (which I completely agree with) towards cops.

There are reasons why cops kill more blacks than the percentage they make up in society. Doesn't make it right...just like it doesn't make it right when a black person commits a crime...just that there are reasons for it. Like you said above...the same could be said...some cops are just no damn good.

Of course I agree with the bold. I have never uttered anything like that.

I also agree that there are a number of reasons why black males commit such a large percentage of crime. Again...I have never argued against the reasons you list.

However, you should turn your same logic (which I completely agree with) towards cops.

There are reasons why cops kill more blacks than the percentage they make up in society. Doesn't make it right...just like it doesn't make it right when a black person commits a crime...just that there are reasons for it. Like you said above...the same could be said...some cops are just no damn good.
    As I've stated in the OTC forum. Its the short trigger that is utilized when the suspect happens to be black. 1 innocent individual killed by the people that are supposed to be protecting them is just horrible. Much less 5 or 6. That's just far too many oops. And unfortunately, these people can't come back.

So...you have some type of respect for killing cops that had nothing to do with other incidents...

And you want to be taken seriously?

I have no respect for cops that kill unarmed and innocent citizens...and no respect for the people that kill cops.

Also...just no...the definition of "open season" is not at all supported by the facts.
    We'll I'm from the south, bro. This shit been happening to black people for DECADES and black people never had proof until about the 90's (Rodney King fiasco).

Thanks to New Media and technogical advances, white America is forced to see what's been taking place.

Even with proof and evidence, you still have such brutality rationalized and justified by "moderate" bystanders...always looking for that "reason".

And yeah, I think black people have a right to feel threatened around cops, just as cops are threatened around young black men.

As long as cops sit by idly and watch their co-workers kill taxpayers without speaking out against it or apologizing, innocent cops will lose their lives too.

It's not rocket science. Every action will have an equal, but opposite reaction.

Cops, the justice system and "non bigoted white people" have blurred the lines between justifiable deaths and senseless deaths. Don't complain about what we're left with.

The same guy who have many people shot and killed ovsr expensive ass sneakers. MJ is my favorite NBA player but definitely needs to lower his damn prices.

5 Cop tackles citizen

1 cop screams "he has a gun"

Another cop unloads a magazine in the citizens chest due to "feeling threatened".

No evidence comes out that the citizen had a gun.

No charges on the cop.

Justifiable homicide/murder due to suspicion and anxiety.

Don't understand how people don't expect retaliation of some sort. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    The same guy who have many people shot and killed ovsr expensive ass sneakers. MJ is my favorite NBA player but definitely needs to lower his damn prices.
    Lol. Jordan is a huge hypocrite on a number of things. He was white people's favorite negro in the 90'same.

Dude is probably one of the last people I wanna hear talk about shit like this knowing his history.

But he is influential...

As I've stated in the OTC forum. Its the short trigger that is utilized when the suspect happens to be black. 1 innocent individual killed by the people that are supposed to be protecting them is just horrible. Much less 5 or 6. That's just far too many oops. And unfortunately, these people can't come back.
    Agreed that we in society have to be honest and open about racism or racial bias...and also agree that cops have to do a better job diffusing situations and try to remove overt racism.

In addition...the black community needs to address some of the issues you mentioned that lead to the amount of violent crimes they commit and the amount of police interactions they have.

Also, quite frankly, all citizens need to do a better job of just obeying the orders of cops in the moment...it is a two way street.

Lastly, there is always going to be some sort of imbalance. Cops are human beings...and if they are having to respond to a disproportionate amount of black crime...they are going to be impacted by that. That simply isn't ever going away completely...we are all human beings prone to stereotypes and mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    We'll I'm from the south, bro. This shit been happening to black people for DECADES and black people never had proof until about the 90's (Rodney King fiasco).

Thanks to New Media and technogical advances, white America is forced to see what's been taking place.

Even with proof and evidence, you still have such brutality rationalized and justified by "moderate" bystanders...always looking for that "reason".

And yeah, I think black people have a right to feel threatened around cops, just as cops are threatened around young black men.

As long as cops sit by idly and watch their co-workers kill taxpayers without speaking out against it or apologizing, innocent cops will lose their lives too.

It's not rocket science. Every action will have an equal, but opposite reaction.

Cops, the justice system and "non bigoted white people" have blurred the lines between justifiable deaths and senseless deaths. Don't complain about what we're left with.
    All I can say is that I find it disgusting when cops kill unarmed citizens...and find it equally disgusting when someone guns down innocent cops as retribution for crimes said cops didn't commit.

I don't think your "respect" has any place in a productive conversation personally.