Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron v Kobe Overall Career Stats Comparison

Bron had a team good enough to get him to the finals 6 times and all he has to show for it is 2 rings. He's 2/6, simple as that. No excuses. He just simply doesn't have the will to win like Jordan did. The only time Jordan didn't win is when his team wasn't good enough to make it to the finals.

Bron will never win without wade, and that is where his story comes to a close.

3-time NBA All-Star

Career Kobe by a bit IMO.. I would take PEAK Lebron over Peak Kobe cuz he was just better when you look at how good he once was defensively

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    who cares... lebron has stat padded in that weak conference all his life, if his numbers were real and not inflated, he wouldn't be 2/6.
    You know his stats are almost identical, better actually in many areas, when playing west teams. Eastern teams also have better defensive teams most of the time so it is harder to stat pad in the east and easier to stat pad in the west. Example (phoenix suns of nash era and clippers of today)

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Bron had a team good enough to get him to the finals 6 times and all he has to show for it is 2 rings. He's 2/6, simple as that. No excuses. He just simply doesn't have the will to win like Jordan did. The only time Jordan didn't win is when his team wasn't good enough to make it to the finals.

Bron will never win without wade, and that is where his story comes to a close.
    No, his team was only good enough to be in the finals because of the Leastern conference

Banned

Damn, not only does lebron have much better stats, he also has the better head-to-head record

Kobe more points All-Time
    More All-Defensive Teams
    More All-NBA Teams
    More All-Star MVPs
    More NBA TITLES with Same amount of Finals MVPs
    More Points All-Time in Playoffs
    More Stls All-Time in Playoffs.

Kobe the better player to watch....More skilled, post game, mid-range exc.. Better on-Ball Defender. Better Killer instinct...And Kobe going 1 on 1 in single coverage getting 33 shots a game??? Would do way better than his 35ppg on 27 shots for a season....Kobe with 33fga would average 45ppg at the least.

/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    More All-Defensive Teams
    More All-NBA Teams
    More All-Star MVPs

So longevity awards for playing 7 more seasons than lebron?

Damn not very bright, are you?

More All-Defensive Teams
    More All-NBA Teams
    More All-Star MVPs

Kobe the better player to watch....More skilled, post game, mid-range exc.. Better on-Ball Defender. Better Killer instinct...And Kobe going 1 on 1 in single coverage getting 33 shots a game??? Would do way better than his 35ppg on 27 shots for a season....Kobe with 33fga would average 45ppg at the least.

/
    add 81 pts, something lebron could only do with 100 fga and 70 free throws

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JZ600
    Lebron beats kobe in:
    Ppg
    Fg%
    3pt%
    Rpb
    Apg
    Steals
    Blocks

Kobe beats lebron in:
    FT%
    Tov

I am just comparing the standard stats.
    Stats seem to be the one thing Lebron fans care about because it seems to be what Lebron himself mostly cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    So longevity awards for playing 7 more seasons than lebron?

Damn not very bright, are you?
    In a CAREER COMPARISON, you usually compare whole Careers, not discount part of a resume because a player didn't play as long as another player....Reggie Miller played longer than Bron, yet i'd place LeBron above him. Your butthurt cries hold no water. Nice try though.

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JZ600
    Lebron beats kobe in:
    Ppg
    Fg%
    3pt%
    Rpb
    Apg
    Steals
    Blocks

Kobe beats lebron in:
    FT%
    Tov

I am just comparing the standard stats.
    I would say that the points per game are skewed in favor of Lebron because he came into the league as the man. He immediately needed to be the main scorer on Cleveland because they sucked. With Kobe. He came into the league on the bench, and didn't really move into his role as we know it until the 2nd championship. Stats are still stats, but I feel it gives a disadvantage to Kobe.

Overall this just shows what I think is most obvious to people who aren't internet trolls. Lebron is the better all around player, and even though stats don't necessarily show it, Kobe is the much better offensive player. He just has a better shot, more moves, and better footwork. I can be a Lebron fan, and still recognize the obvious. Kobe's game is more pretty. It's in the vein of Jordan, but then again that is initially what irked me about Kobe. He tried to imitate Jordan too hard.

Anyways, I think that these opinions are what a reasonable Lebron fan should have, just as a reasonable Kobe fan shouldn't go around posting crap like Kenneth and Jabbar (although, I think Jabbar does it more for the laughs than out of personal conviction).

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    I'll admit that Lebron is a better player than Kobe...overall. But, what Kobe has is that killer instinct. That will to win...that "give me the ball" when the game is on the line.

He might not have been the clutchest guy when it came to making that last shot, but he never, EVER, shied away from the moment.

Lebron, on the other hand, as great as he is...is just lacking that killer instinct. Yeah, he's more efficient and he makes other players better...but he just doesn't have that special something to get his team over the edge. He gets close enough, but then chokes in the final moment.

Yes, he gets credit for getting to the Finals, but look at what he needed to actually win. An absolutely stacked team and even then he had to get bailed out by Ray Allen.

Lebron chokes in ways that are cringeworthy. He actually plays like a complete scrub at times when it's crunch time. It's a strange dichotomy that he can be so absolutely dominating for most of the game, putting up insane stats, and then just completely crawl into his shell at the end. But, it comes down to his mental state. The insecurity, the primadonna attitude, the flopping. He has no shame...no pride. Just ego. And it's a very fragile one.
    Actually the will to win is what made kobe to be better. Hes not contented for easy shots like layups so he goes for more(contested fade aways). He doesnt want to be fraud like bran who misrepresent his stats by taking only layups. So thats why during crunch time, its kobe who delivers coz hes battle tested while bran isnt. Thus 2/6 and 5/7

More All-Defensive Teams
    More All-NBA Teams
    More All-Star MVPs

/
    look at this retard listing all-time stats

Quote Originally Posted by BBallZen83
    I would say that the points per game are skewed in favor of Lebron because he came into the league as the man. He immediately needed to be the main scorer on Cleveland because they sucked. With Kobe. He came into the league on the bench, and didn't really move into his role as we know it until the 2nd championship. Stats are still stats, but I feel it gives a disadvantage to Kobe.

Overall this just shows what I think is most obvious to people who aren't internet trolls. Lebron is the better all around player, and even though stats don't necessarily show it, Kobe is the much better offensive player. He just has a better shot, more moves, and better footwork. I can be a Lebron fan, and still recognize the obvious. Kobe's game is more pretty. It's in the vein of Jordan, but then again that is initially what irked me about Kobe. He tried to imitate Jordan too hard.

Anyways, I think that these opinions are what a reasonable Lebron fan should have, just as a reasonable Kobe fan shouldn't go around posting crap like Kenneth and Jabbar (although, I think Jabbar does it more for the laughs than out of personal conviction).
    Much better offensive player? Absolutely not even close to true. The scoring is close, LeBron is more efficient, LeBron gets a lot more assists.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    look at this retard listing all-time stats
    Careeeeeeer= All-timeeeeeee stupid