Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Default Re: Chauncey Billups Comment On The Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    If Griffin, DJ and Bledsoe improve consistently no question. Lakers will be more hyped but Clippers core of Griffin, CP3, DJ and Bledsoe can be great for a decade. Bledsoe will get the starting 2 job when Billups retires in 2 years.
    This is straight up the dumbest post ever written on this forum. WOW. Bledsoe and DJ difference makers? Now I've heard it all, clippers are so pathetic, from fans to players.

CP3 is going to be ready for training camp.

I rep Lakers!

If Griffin, DJ and Bledsoe improve consistently no question. Lakers will be more hyped but Clippers core of Griffin, CP3, DJ and Bledsoe can be great for a decade. Bledsoe will get the starting 2 job when Billups retires in 2 years.
    Bledsoe is NOT that good.

And Clippers fan complaining about hype

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Bledsoe is NOT that good.

And Clippers fan complaining about hype

While CF86 hypes the living shit out of Bledsoe, he is still underrated by many. Dude is a tremondous athlete and a good with potential of being great defender. His offensive game, however, greatly lacks the resemblance of being a full time point guard and I'm not confident he'll improve vastly in that category. His best fit would be with a team that has other ball handlers or a tall point ala Livingston.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Bledsoe is super good you should want that under wraps. He'll dip for more money if people see his talent (unless you're planning on trading him)

Chauncey Billups is the most fearless NBA player since Larry Bird. If he says he's not scared, he's simply reminding you of something you should already know.

These Clippers are a darkhorse. I think they have a chance against anyone. Even the Lakers. (Keep in mind you have Steve Nash guarding Chris Paul.)

Well, a chance against anyone in the West.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Bledsoe is super good you should want that under wraps. He'll dip for more money if people see his talent (unless you're planning on trading him)
    I agree that it's kind of bad if he blows up already due to the demand that will exist for him and fat paycheck he will demand. That being said... if that happens the Clippers can always trade him for a SG or SF for the long term or even pay him and use as a 6th man. Regardless if you want to win a championship you have to pay luxury tax or at the very least be 15+ mill over cap consistently pretty much. He's restricted so Clippers can keep him no matter what.

I think they will too because they have refused to trade Bledsoe on 4 or 5 reported occasions. Funny thing is Clippers turned down Jamal Crawford for Bledsoe at trade deadline and people here bashed the Clippers for that. Now look? We have Crawford AND Bledsoe showed serious game in the playoffs.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

People, this clown just said if DJ, Bledsoe and Griffin improve they'd no question be better then Lakers. Most delusional homer on the planet. If DJ turns into Bynum, Griffin becomes top 10 player and Bjedsoe magically becomes an allstar then yes clips will have a chance to win. But that's like me saying if Meeks becomes the next Ray Allen and if Ebanks becomes Luol Deng, LA will go 82-0.

Just wishful thinking, fact is, clippers would get destroyed in the playoffs by lakers in 4/5. Howard and Gasol would obliterate your front court, Nash will run the floor (better facilitator then even Paul) and we still got Kobe abusing your undersized sg's ; heck even Jamison, Meeks, Hill, Blake and Ebanks is not a terrible bench. All we need is 8 players anyways and we have Meeks, Jamison and Hill and pretty formidable trio. Of course not as prolific as Ofom, Crawford and Bledsoe but still alright.

Decent playground baller TexasBloodMoney's Avatar

This is why I DO hope Bledsoe starts the season and CP3 is out a few weeks. So people will finally STFU and stop doubting Bledsoe. I said dude was a stud since his rookie year and people thought I was nuts. The playoffs proved it to some, but a large group of people still act like dude is an average role player potential player.
    As much as you hype up the clippers and their players. Eric Bledsoe is a beast

I'm happy with Damian Lillard but I would easily have traded #6 for EB. He's one of the few players in the league who can guard Westbrook and he did pretty well against Manu who's like 6'6? In the playoffs.
    I'm not sure what his ceiling is but he's not a career backup like some of the people on this thread have been saying. The Clippers should try and extend him as soon as they can because tons of role players are getting overpaid.

If not, I'd love him in Portland

Oh and I think with the direction the league is heading in (a bunch of combo-guards), it's not far-fetched to think that EB can play the 2. A Paul/Bledsoe backcourt would essentially be the same thing as the Rondo/Bradley combo.

It's really Griffin and DJ.
    If Bledsoe, that's great, but he's no low post presence.
    Griffin can provide that if he works on it, and DJ can provide that as well if he works on it.
    Those are the two weaknesses for them. If they improve them, then the Clippers will be near unstoppable on offense.

With the Lakers, the big problem is how Howard handles being the fourth option on offense during the fourth quarter, since his low post game is subpar.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBloodMoney
    As much as you hype up the clippers and their players. Eric Bledsoe is a beast

I'm happy with Damian Lillard but I would easily have traded #6 for EB. He's one of the few players in the league who can guard Westbrook and he did pretty well against Manu who's like 6'6? In the playoffs.
    I'm not sure what his ceiling is but he's not a career backup like some of the people on this thread have been saying. The Clippers should try and extend him as soon as they can because tons of role players are getting overpaid.

If not, I'd love him in Portland

Oh and I think with the direction the league is heading in (a bunch of combo-guards), it's not far-fetched to think that EB can play the 2. A Paul/Bledsoe backcourt would essentially be the same thing as the Rondo/Bradley combo.
    Wanna know what's funny? Last year I said if there is one place I'd like to see him outside of the Clippers is the Blazers. The fanbase is top 3 in the NBA and he feeds off the crowd. Then Portland always seems to breed hard working, defense first mindsets of their players and Bledsoe is the epitome of that. A defensive minded, tough as nails work horse.

If Avery Bradley can effectively play the two... Bledsoe absolutely can. Bledsoe weighs 15-20 pounds more, has a greater wingspan, is even more athletic and is a lot stronger. I'd take all of that over one inch in height. Like I said... if you can guard 6'6 Manu who's a HOF SG... you can guard 95 percent of the SG's in this league. Really big 6'6 220+ pound PG's like Brandon Roy, Joe Johnson and Kobe types will give him some issues in the post but he will give them just as many problems.

Remember when 6'0 tall Iverson dominated at SG and what Larry Brown said in his first season there? "Iverson may have trouble guarding SG's around the league but they are going to have an even more difficult time handling him" or w/e it was? Bledsoe isn't that good but the point stands that while he may give up something... he will absolutely do his job and create matchup problems of his own.

How many SG's around the league have the speed and athleticism to keep up with Bledsoe on either end? BTW I'm impressed that you know that he does well guarding Westbrook because he does. I remember as a rookie the first time he locked Westbrook up I was like damn this guy has a big future as a defender in the league.

I rep Lakers!

Wanna know what's funny? Last year I said if there is one place I'd like to see him outside of the Clippers is the Blazers. The fanbase is top 3 in the NBA and he feeds off the crowd. Then Portland always seems to breed hard working, defense first mindsets of their players and Bledsoe is the epitome of that. A defensive minded, tough as nails work horse.

If Avery Bradley can effectively play the two... Bledsoe absolutely can. Bledsoe weighs 15-20 pounds more, has a greater wingspan, is even more athletic and is a lot stronger. I'd take all of that over one inch in height. Like I said... if you can guard 6'6 Manu who's a HOF SG... you can guard 95 percent of the SG's in this league. Really big 6'6 220+ pound PG's like Brandon Roy, Joe Johnson and Kobe types will give him some issues in the post but he will give them just as many problems.

Remember when 6'0 tall Iverson dominated at SG and what Larry Brown said in his first season there? "Iverson may have trouble guarding SG's around the league but they are going to have an even more difficult time handling him" or w/e it was? Bledsoe isn't that good but the point stands that while he may give up something... he will absolutely do his job and create matchup problems of his own.

How many SG's around the league have the speed and athleticism to keep up with Bledsoe on either end? BTW I'm impressed that you know that he does well guarding Westbrook because he does. I remember as a rookie the first time he locked Westbrook up I was like damn this guy has a big future as a defender in the league.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Story Up
    This is straight up the dumbest post ever written on this forum. WOW. Bledsoe and DJ difference makers? Now I've heard it all, clippers are so pathetic, from fans to players.
    No more idiotic than retard Laker fans thinking old @$$ Antwan Jamison and Jodie f*cuking Meeks are difference makers.

Eric Bledsoe was huge for the Clippers in the Memphis series. I wouldn't go as far as to call him a potential All-Star, but he can definitely be the lead guard off the bench and a spot starter for the majority of his career. Fantastic defensive potential. His decision making is a work in progress as is his overall offensive game. There's no denying the energy and intensity that he brings though. Several Clipper games I watched last year, it would seem like the team was sleepwalking through games, and then Bledose comes in and sparks them on a run.

Quote Originally Posted by Story Up
    LOL this dude literally stalks Clippersfan's posts.

It's GAWDsoe's time to pwn. Opposing teams are going to have anuses stretched so badly that when they shit, it's going to slide out like dogfood from a can.