Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: "I'm the center piece not an addition."- Chris Bosh

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Orlando Finals: Alston, Lee, Turk, Lewis, Dwight

Toronto: Calderon, Derozen, Turk, Bosh, Bargs

Looks pretty similar to me if you take out Bosh and Dwight.
    you cant just say take out bosh and dwight though, dwight >>>>>>> bosh it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    you cant just say take out bosh and dwight though, dwight >>>>>>> bosh it's not even close.
    Exactly. That was my original point. Iron Fist was trying to argue that Bosh never got a chance to show he could be a #1 guy due to his teammates. My rebuttal was that his team should have at least made the playoffs if he WAS true center-piece material.

Only way I consider him a center piece is if he plays more with his back to the basket and defensively. Too talented to be a guy who just puts up stats and lives off how talented he is. Make a signficant impact given the hype you recieve. Because I've ranked Bosh over Gasol. But as of today can I honestly say Bosh is better than Gasol?

All these next KG types need to realize you might want to lace up the boots and play some defense. KG does.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

This is just his roundabout way of telling everyone that a LeBron/Bosh duo will never happen. Guy has a lot of pride and he's young. Don't see how anyone could be mad. Most great players do this same exact thing until they see the windows closing on their career. You think Ray Allen or KG ever saw themselves as additions before 07-08?

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburgers
    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...ree_agent.nba/

Yea because being the centerpiece in Toronto worked out so well.
    he can be the center piece on his couch next June when he watches somebody else hoist that trophy.

Banned

Hahahahahah Bosh is an idiot if he thinks he could ever lead his team to even a finals, let alone a conference finals, let alone the second round as a first option XD

is he really this thick? If so, that is why Chris Bosh is going to be a career loser ala T-Mac, his brain isn't right. The other reason is because he's a soft PF who is only good at hitting 18 footers and drawing fouls on jump shots

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Basketbolero
    So because it didn't work out well in Toronto he should never be a center piece again... well, that's what people said about Kobe before 2009, about Garnett before joining the Celts (or Pierce if you actually think he is their leader) and even possibly about Jordan before he started winning.

I think he could easily be the center piece of a winning team (i'm talking 50+wins) in the right situation. A change of scenario does wonders to change people's minds, even though the player remains more or less the same (see Gasol).

Besides, all that talk about Lebron not getting help while Bosh's best teammates were Calderon, Turkoglu and Bargnani. And I'm supposed to believe it's Bosh's fault?
    Bosh lead his team to 50 wins already-just like Pau Gasol did, and promptly got owned in the playoffs. Bosh can continue to do that for the rest of his career, lead 50 win teams to first and second round exits if he wanted to

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Bosh isn't an ego maniac.

He's just being smart and letting teams know he isn't taking a paycut to be a #2 option. He wants MAX money.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Bosh isn't an ego maniac.

He's just being smart and letting teams know he isn't taking a paycut to be a #2 option. He wants MAX money.
    Agreed, I was going to say that. He may even prefer to be sign and traded since Toronto can pay him the most money. Why would Toronto do it? Maybe get something in return for him. They dont have to do it. But I definately think his comments were geared more towards I'm not taking a paycut if thats what anyone is thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketbolero
    So because it didn't work out well in Toronto he should never be a center piece again... well, that's what people said about Kobe before 2009, about Garnett before joining the Celts (or Pierce if you actually think he is their leader) and even possibly about Jordan before he started winning.

I think he could easily be the center piece of a winning team (i'm talking 50+wins) in the right situation. A change of scenario does wonders to change people's minds, even though the player remains more or less the same (see Gasol).

Besides, all that talk about Lebron not getting help while Bosh's best teammates were Calderon, Turkoglu and Bargnani. And I'm supposed to believe it's Bosh's fault?
    I dont remember anyone questioning whether or not MJ, Kobe or KG were center pieces to a franchise.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Get a damn haircut Bosh

We don't need him and his attitude on the Lakers.....good luck playing with him Wade.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    Exactly. That was my original point. Iron Fist was trying to argue that Bosh never got a chance to show he could be a #1 guy due to his teammates. My rebuttal was that his team should have at least made the playoffs if he WAS true center-piece material.

In that case,

Kobe should have never been the leader of his team or FMVP the last two years.

The Lakers missed the playoffs in 05.

But you know what the difference is between todays Laker squad and the 05 team?

The quality of his teammates.

Just as the quality of Boshs teammates aren't up to par.

It sounds like he's saying he doesn't want to leave Toronto which is weird... He's been giving all indications that he's ready to bounce.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    In that case,

Kobe should have never been the leader of his team or FMVP the last two years.

The Lakers missed the playoffs in 05.

But you know what the difference is between todays Laker squad and the 05 team?

The quality of his teammates.

Just as the quality of Boshs teammates aren't up to par.
    Lol they missed the playoffs in 05, but then Kobe lead the worst supporting cast in the league starring Smush Parker, Kwame Brown and Luke Walton as starters to the playoffs the next two years.

Do you know what the difference between Bosh and Kobe is? Kobe isn't a mentally weak pussy and he actually plays defense.