Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Thread: When Stats lie

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: When Stats lie

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    There is no agenda. It's obvious. Teams that don't have scorers and make it to championship series don't trade a scorer - Van Horn didn't have other useful dimensions. Use your common sense.

Wow. So why would they trade, and seek to trade Van Horn if he was an all around offensive player when that was what they needed. He wasn't that player any more. You showed a clip two or three years before Kidd arrived because you couldn't find one '02 or beyond.
    Stop it.

All I said was the Van Horn was not just a spot up shooter...any refutation of that shows how little you are willing to be honest about.

The agenda was obvious. The Nets had a below average offense in the league in 02 and won off their defense...it's simple.

Not only that, but any improvement in the offense from 01 to 02 can be seen with Kittles coming back after missing the entire 01 season...Van Horn being healthy, Martin improving, and just a better offensive team overall with a point guard better suited for the team.

They traded Van Horn because he wasn't a very good defender and they knew they should just go all in on defense...LOL...thus making my point for me even more.

I'm officially down with this thread. Good conversations about some parts...bad on others.

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: When Stats lie

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Stop it.

All I said was the Van Horn was not just a spot up shooter...any refutation of that shows how little you are willing to be honest about.

The agenda was obvious. The Nets had a below average offense in the league in 02 and won off their defense...it's simple.

Not only that, but any improvement in the offense from 01 to 02 can be seen with Kittles coming back after missing the entire 01 season...Van Horn being healthy, Martin improving, and just a better offensive team overall with a point guard better suited for the team.

They traded Van Horn because he wasn't a very good defender and they knew they should just go all in on defense...LOL...thus making my point for me even more.

I'm officially down with this thread. Good conversations about some parts...bad on others.
    Stop it!

You said he was a proven 20 point scorer more than once in this thread then you showed a video of him three years before he played with Kidd. I said early early in this thread he was no longer that player. You know who he was earlier is not relevant to this conversation. You hyping up the players for who they once were and not what they would ever be again. Kittles was not the same player either. He stayed at 13ppg for 5 years - that's who he was. In a winning atmosphere that is what they could offer.