Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: If Lebron wins 1 ring...top 10 GOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLogo
    I hate to say it but Lebron can pass Kobe as one of the greatest players of all time, with less rings.
    He needs to have more regular season MVP, Scoring titles, and Finals MVP than Kobe Bryant.

RealKnowledge
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by phazed out
    hahaha damn ya'll cats are delusional and E!SPN has brainwashed you guys. If Bron wins 1 ring, hes in the top 20.
    Haha exactly and if he doesnt do it in a dominating fashion top 20 would be pushing it

Quote Originally Posted by phazed out
    hahaha damn ya'll cats are delusional and E!SPN has brainwashed you guys. If Bron wins 1 ring, hes in the top 20.
    I'd put Lebrons best seasons already against just about anybodies. Cant think of 10 better players right now.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    LeBron is a better and more dominant player than Kobe ever was though. Plus he would win the rings as the best player on the team, something Kobe has only done once. Kobe really only has 1 ring plus 3 half rings.

And no way no how is Kobe top 6 ahead of Duncan. Kobe isn't even top 10 yet, more like 11 or 12.
    The LeBron23 guy is the only LeBron James fan that have made a reaonable comment on this thread.
    You, on the other hand, are delusional. Kobe has 4 championships, I do not care about any foolish logic you try to come up with to change that. Sidekick or not, he has 4 rings.

And if LeBron wins only 1 championship, anyone that ranks him higher than 15 is a moron. Moses Malone won 3 Mvps and one championship yet he is never ranked above 13 in many list I see. Why is LeBron any different?

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

He already is top 20 all=time. If he wins a ring, has 2 MVP's he would be somewhere in the top 15 but reaching the top 10 will take a greater body of work. The real question is not the top 10 but where he will wind up in the top 5. 1st or 5th?

Lebron23, there are not fixed benchmarks for rankings. Jordan became the majority GOAT with 3 rings and 3 MVP's even though:

*Kareem had 6 rings and 6 MVP's
    *Russell had 11 rings and 5 MVP's
    *Wilt had 2 rings and 5 MVP's
    *Magic had 5 rings and 3 MVP's
    *Bird also had 3 rings and 3 MVP's

If Lebron can get to 3 he will enter the GOAT conversation.
    Last edited by Roundball_Rock; 03-15-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    4x NBA Regular Season MVP
    3x NBA Finals MVP
    3 or more NBA Scoring title

= top 5 player of all time.
    Agreed. If he does achieve these feats, he is EASILY a top 5 player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AirJordan&Magic
    The LeBron23 guy is the only LeBron James fan that have made a reaonable comment on this thread.
    You, on the other hand, are delusional. Kobe has 4 championships, I do not care about any foolish logic you try to come up with to change that. Sidekick or not, he has 4 rings.

And if LeBron wins only 1 championship, anyone that ranks him higher than 15 is a moron. Moses Malone won 3 Mvps and one championship yet he is never ranked above 13 in many list I see. Why is LeBron any different?
    Moses Malone?...as great as he was...he's not as good as Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    He already is top 20 all=time. If he wins a ring, has 2 MVP's he would be borderline top 10. The real question is not the top 10 but where he will wind up in the top 5. 1st or 5th?

Lebron23, there are not fixed benchmarks for rankings. Jordan became the majority GOAT with 3 rings and 3 MVP's even though:

*Kareem had 6 rings and 6 MVP's
    *Russell had 11 rings and 5 MVP's
    *Wilt had 2 rings and 5 MVP's
    *Magic and Bird also had 3 rings and 3 MVP's

If Lebron can get to 3 he will enter the GOAT conversation.
    LeBron is anywhere from top 20-30 right now imo. I personally wouldn't rank him higher than 20.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLogo
    Moses Malone?...as great as he was...he's not as good as Lebron.
    Moses Malone was a center. Not being sarcastic, just saying it is kind of weak to compare two different types of players.

If LeBron wins a ring this season and his second consecutive MVP then I put him between 15-20 like I already said. You are a moron though and an obvious troll so I don't expect you to know how to read. I told you how I have players ranked 1-12 and Kobe is 12. LeBron right now is on a level few have reached. Wilt, Jordan and LeBron are the three players on that level statistically.

Local High School Star

If you have to ask anyone to compare the games of Moses Malone and Lebron James, you are screaming to everyone about your lack of intelligence on the subject. Could you have chosen a worse comparison? Moses hit the boards over and over, made some post moves and turn around jumpers, and occasionally hit a mid-range jumper. He was tenacious and a ***** to play against - a great player. Lebron scores from every spot on the floor in any situation. He's the fastest player in the game from end to end. He's coming closer to anyone in modern history to averaging a triple-double. He's been good enough to lead Team USA, has an MVP, is the fastest player to every scoring statistic known to man, etc......

These two are TOTALLY DIFFERENT players, and most fans who watch the game would not even compare them. I'm not making the claim that LBJ is the greatest of all time; however, he is better than Malone in a number of categories.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    If LeBron wins a ring this season and his second consecutive MVP then I put him between 15-20 like I already said. You are a moron though and an obvious troll so I don't expect you to know how to read. I told you how I have players ranked 1-12 and Kobe is 12. LeBron right now is on a level few have reached. Wilt, Jordan and LeBron are the three players on that level statistically.
    And you were also the dumbass that said Kobe isn't top 10 because he doesn't have 30,000 points and he has "1 and three half rings". Who uses logic like this?....You were also the idiot that said "Kobe being named the player of the decade is like LeBron being named player of the decade" which is failure at its finest.

And what is that level you idiot? Elgin Baylor had a season averaging 38/17/4...Oscar averaged 30 ppg/ 12 rpg/ 11 apg.....Kobe averaged 35.4 apg, the highest ppg averaged since 1987 and then put up scoring numbers and records only comparable to Wilt, Jordan, and Baylor.

Anyway, in general, you write the most biased comments regarding LeBron and Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    If you have to ask anyone to compare the games of Moses Malone and Lebron James, you are screaming to everyone about your lack of intelligence on the subject. Could you have chosen a worse comparison? Moses hit the boards over and over, made some post moves and turn around jumpers, and occasionally hit a mid-range jumper. He was tenacious and a ***** to play against - a great player. Lebron scores from every spot on the floor in any situation. He's the fastest player in the game from end to end. He's coming closer to anyone in modern history to averaging a triple-double. He's been good enough to lead Team USA, has an MVP, is the fastest player to every scoring statistic known to man, etc......

These two are TOTALLY DIFFERENT players, and most fans who watch the game would not even compare them. I'm not making the claim that LBJ is the greatest of all time; however, he is better than Malone in a number of categories.
    What the hell are you talking about? I CLEARLY just said that comparing the games of LeBron and Moses is weak.

So I dont know where you get off questioning someone's intellegence. Try reading my entire post before running off at the mouth.

Banned

1 ring/16 seasons of pwning the NBA = Top 2 GOAT

Arcadia, CA

if lebron gets 4 finals mvps, ill put him in the top 5 maybe 4