Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #136
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Default Re: Former NBA Ref says "Jordan's push off was an offensive foul..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ4MVP23
It was a push off of course, but no worse than what a lot of players have done on a lot of shots. I dont think its anything too major in that it happens quite often. Officiating really is that bad.

What shocks me more than anything watching MJ vids 20 years later is that man was almost always single covered. We see kobe and LBJ (possibly the most doubled player ive ever seen late in games on the Cavs) have another man sent towards them countless times on game winners, but Jordan seems to have gone 1 on 1 much more frequently.

Any way to check kobe vs LBJ vs MJ on game winning shot attempts/passes and the coverage on those?
So it's MJ's fault that he has the IQ and ability to read and beat double and triple teams?

Is it also his fault that in some instances coaches are respectful enough to not send a trap immediately?

They fear MJ.

He was always a threat. MJ just happened to usually be better than the defense thrown at him.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:04 PM   #137
LBJ4MVP23
Decent playground baller

Hahaha youre so mad little man.

My point is that while MJ is clearly the best ever I dont believe he faced the defensive attention, even when on crappy teams, that LBJ or kobe have received. However it is only an assumption based on a significant amount of footage and I would love to see the actual results.

However for nearly every Jordan game winner I see that he is 1 v 1, but if you look at a great deal of LBJ or kobe's its generally multiple guys coming and they have to work hard to get single coverage to th 1 v 1. For jordan its pass him the ball, then let him work 1 v 1 because the double never comes.

Again this is based purely on what I have seen, but im sure there are stats to verify or correct my assumption. Now go cry about how he is no longer playing and jerk off to his steakhouse menu homo.
LBJ4MVP23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #138
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

My point is that while MJ is clearly the best ever I dont believe he faced the defensive attention, even when on crappy teams, that LBJ or kobe have received. However it is only an assumption based on a significant amount of footage and I would love to see the actual results.

Err, '87-'92 Jordan was the most double teamed perimeter player in history by a good margin.
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #139
Calabis
Good college starter

Quote:

However for nearly every Jordan game winner I see that he is 1 v 1, but if you look at a great deal of LBJ or kobe's its generally multiple guys coming and they have to work hard to get single coverage to th 1 v 1. For jordan its pass him the ball, then let him work 1 v 1 because the double never comes.

Again this is based purely on what I have seen, but im sure there are stats to verify or correct my assumption. Now go cry about how he is no longer playing and jerk off to his steakhouse menu homo.

Calabis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #140
Angel Face

Quote:

You clearly didn't watch MJ, you're just hating.
Angel Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #141
stephanieg
College superstar

Jordan got away with a lot of arm grabbing and shoving but if the "push off" was an offensive foul then Jordan has hulk strength, he barely brushed him with his fingers.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: