Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Scottie Pippen cost the Bulls the championship in 1990 and 4-peat - FACT

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    *rubs eyes*

Is that you 3ball ?
    Andgar has been an obnoxious jordan stan for, forever now. You really should just move on Kshutts...you can't argue or debate with delusion and insanity.

Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: Scottie Pippen cost the Bulls the championship in 1990 and 4-peat - FACT

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    *rubs eyes*

Is that you 3ball ?
    He has a point...if your teammates are improved during and after you leave, didn't you just make them better?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    ^^^ What the ****? Why doesn't 3ball ever get banned? He literally makes the same posts over and over and over again. I must have seen that same god damn post at least a dozen times in the last week.
    I don't agree with his take 100% of the time but he posts pure basketball discussion. Even if someone doesn't agree with his opinion I don't know how you can ban someone for that.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Andgar has been an obnoxious jordan stan for, forever now. You really should just move on Kshutts...you can't argue or debate with delusion and insanity.
    suck my d*ck

[COLOR="White"]http://myveganjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/duck1.jpg[/COLOR]
    Last edited by andgar923; 07-29-2015 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I don't agree with his take 100% of the time but he posts pure basketball discussion. Even if someone doesn't agree with his opinion I don't know how you can ban someone for that.
    I don't think he should be banned. BUT he is a troll. He makes stuff up, twist quotes, refuses to acknowledge when he is wrong. And not that he should acknowledge it but why continue to say something when you know its not true? Like when he says the Bulls had the same exact team from 93 to 94. Thats not true. I show him, then he goes into another threas posting the same BS.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I'm saying he literally makes the same post over and over. That post with the quotes...he probably has made that same post in some form half a dozen times in this thread alone and deleted it and posted it again.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    suck my d*ck
    That maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I don't think he should be banned. BUT he is a troll. He makes stuff up, twist quotes, refuses to acknowledge when he is wrong. And not that he should acknowledge it but why continue to say something when you know its not true? Like when he says the Bulls had the same exact team from 93 to 94. Thats not true. I show him, then he goes into another threas posting the same BS.
    I'm not a regular poster here anymore but if you feel someone has an agenda or is twisting facts, you can either call him/her out on it or ignore it. I know a big part of ISH is the banter but there's nothing to be gained IMO by going back and forth if you know something to be wrong and if someone isn't willing to change his/her viewpoint when disproved or corrected (EDIT: or willing to back off and agree to disagree).

I'm saying he literally makes the same post over and over. That post with the quotes...he probably has made that same post in some form half a dozen times in this thread alone and deleted it and posted it again.

That maturity.
    Oh ok I got you.
    Last edited by fpliii; 07-29-2015 at 03:55 PM.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

That maturity.
    What? you don't like my d*ck?

I'm not a regular poster here anymore but if you feel someone has an agenda or is twisting facts, you can either call him/her out on it or ignore it. I know a big part of ISH is the banter but there's nothing to be gained IMO by going back and forth if you know something to be wrong and if someone isn't willing to change his/her viewpoint when disproved or corrected (EDIT: or willing to back off and agree to disagree).
    Very good point. Im just a sucker for a debate. But a discussion with 3ball is like talking to a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    [COLOR="Blue"]I don't tear Pippen down - I merely present facts, such as the following:[/COLOR]

HOF Pippen is less help than:

HOF's McHale/Parish/DJ

HOF's Kareem/Worthy

HOF's Parker/Ginobili/Kawhi

HOF's Wade/Bosh/Allen

Shaq's Kobe or Kobe's Shaq

As you can see, I can't even include Horace Grant in the above list - he doesn't belong.

[COLOR="Blue"]I just present these facts, along with the consensus that the Bulls were all about MJ:[/COLOR]

Shaq Diesel on Pippen:

"You were not the main focus of the six rings. Don't make me pull up the scouting report. You wasn't even a factor on the scouting report. It was all about Mike."

Chuck Daly specifically discussing the "Jordan Rules":

"We knew how dangerous he was. And we knew we had to devise something special.. And so we most definitely devised, what we called, THE JORDAN RULES"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIY_4vIxGEE&t=22m49s

Bill Laimbeer:

"We didn't even think about Scottie Pippen. It was Michael Jordan and the Jordannaires - and you can't win championships like that with only 1 player."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqC74bv46Z8&t=1h07m33s

Phil Jackson:

"Don't leave Michael all alone here. It's not TIME yet."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOgJhzj4W9M&t=30m20s

This was Phil Jackson during a huddle in the 1991 NBA Finals, showing how the everyday game plan was to leave Michael alone and let him do everything down the stretch of games.

Chuck Daly:

"It doesn't entail me playing you necessarily... it's our 5.... playing... you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gCMWuCdsGQ&t=27m41s

Horace Grant:

"If it wasn't for MJ, I don't think I'd be sitting here right now. I mean, would've had a decent career, but for a leader like that to lead you to 3 championships..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_aYOQVWSCY&t=14m44s

Dumars and Isiah:

"Isiah said he sat out by the water for 4-5 hours (thinking about MJ)".

"Dumars and i were on the phone for HOURS, talking about 23 in red."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqC74bv46Z8&t=1h05m33s

This was Dumars' and Isiah's reaction to the Bulls taking 2-1 series lead in 1989 ECF after MJ hit GW over Rodman.

Reporter Pat O'Brien in 1989, confirming that Chuck Daly's championship defense was about stopping 1 guy via the "Jordan Rules":

Bill Laimbeer:

"The Jordan Rules were just stop him, because no one else could beat you on that ballclub"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2v0LOhjsJs&t=1m22s

Scottie Pippen:

"It was the pressure. As the pressure grew, the pounding grew. I wasn't able to answer the bell.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqC74bv46Z8&t=1h22m15s

This was Pippen in the Bad Boys documentary ADMITTING he the pressure caused him to disappear in 1990 ECF Game 7 - this cost the Bulls a trip to the Finals and the ring - (Bulls would've beaten Blazers - Blazers only took Pistons 6, while Bulls took then 7.
    The innocent 'I'm merely stating facts' doesnt become you. On the other thread about Shaq and Pippen you were in full agreement with Shaqs comment that Pippen was a bum. In plenty of threads you've torn down Pippen to elevate MJ. You can take a break from cut and pasting the quotes, I caught them the first 1000 fcuking times.

Though on those quotes, what you overlook is that the majority of comments came before Pippen had elevated to a legit star. How about Daly calling Pip the second best player on the Dream team, featuring several HOFs in their prime. What about MJ himself saying Pip was the MVP halfway through the 96 campaign? I can go on google and in 5 mins find a bunch of pro-Pippen quotes.

And, your logic that the Bulls beat Blazers just because they took the Pistons to 7 while Portland took them to 6 is retarded. Basketball isnt strictly a game of A>B and B> C, so automatically A> C. Basketball is a far more nuanced game than that, which you should know since you act like the foremost authority around here. Which, let me clarify, Im not making a case for whoever wins that series. But using the amount of games Chicago and Portland took Detroit to as an arguing point is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 07-29-2015 at 05:01 PM.

I usually hit open layups

That's the baffling thing for me... I can't wrap my head around how he had the goat career (other than russell) with JUST Pippen.
    He had Rodman for 3. That counts for at least 1...

George Karl: "Give him credit. He was their m.v.p. tonight. Jordan will get his points, but Rodman's rebounds, that was the difference." Tying Elvin Hayes's finals record for most offensive rebounds in a game -- 11 -- Rodman finished with 20 rebounds total.

"His offensive rebounds at the end killed us," Detlef Schrempf said. "He kept them in the game."

"He's probably the best in history at getting through two guys and getting the rebound," Hersey Hawkins said.

Grant was an all-star caliber player at his best. He showed what his value was when he team hopped in 95, resulting in the Bulls' loss to the Magic that year. Or at least, common sense watching the series, you'd have to say that was the difference. ... Also, by your typical logic, it was "Jordanball" that was holding back his stats in other years -- when Jordan left, he flourished... Of course, we all that know that's bullshit, just like we know it's bullshit with Bron and Bosh..

Ginobili and Parker were rooks/sophomores for the 2003 ring -- so if rookie Grant & Pippen don't count in 88 (because heaven forbid that would mean MJ actually lost something), then Gino & Parker are just role players in 03 -- so
    Duncan won that one himself with marginal depth because... it was a weaker year, just like MJ benefited from some weaker years -- most notably 92 and 96... but honestly even 98... They already know they can beat the Jazz and the Pacers do not have the same level of star power to be able to match the Bulls... as was the case with most teams in this era.

Duncan had Ginobili for ALL his rings, back when Ginobili was in his 20's...
    Duncan did not have Gino even on the roster for the 1st ring and David Robinson was aging...

Then recently, dpoy and FMVP Kawhi joined the mix.. Duncan's cup runneth over alike a mother****er
    Well, that's true. Also why they were a superstacked team comparable to some of the other best teams ever. That was who the Heat played twice in a row, surviving them the first time then the second time with Bron missing parts of a game, Wade's body shutting down for the last two and Bosh playing like the overglorified marginal-HOFamer he is ..