Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: PickUp Game: Larry Bird VS Scottie Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    As if Magic's team wasn't stacked.....
    BOTH teams were stacked but Larry was the leader of the Celtics and Magic was the leader of the Lakers and Magic beat Larry 2 out of 3.And they both were in their prime, not like prime Larry going off on a rookie Pippen.

Sadly, Larry's career was cut short by his bum back and it robbed us Bulls fans from watching the Bulls kick Larry's ass in the 90's, albeit an old Larry.
    Last edited by TheMan; 01-23-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    owned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5nIsDOA9nQ

Larry Bird getting some of that delicious Brad Seller and Scottie Pippen stew, YUMMY!!
    This video shows exactly how bird scored. Literrally every shot he took came off a curl, or screen. Every single one. And 90% of those shot were on brad sellers. Thanx for making my case for me

Larry Bird via post play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmiggKJirm8

Here in 1991, Pippen isn't even guarding Larry Bird...6'10" athletic Horace Grant is....

And Bird proceeds to EAT THAT LUNCH.....
    The 3 times that Pippen and Bird did matchup...

Bird hit a jumper, Pippen late contest
    Pippen gets Bird on the switch and he blows by for a bankshot bucket.
    Pippen runs the break, Bird challenges and Pippen still gets the tough bucket (up to you if you want to call that a straight 1 on 1... are we playing full or half court ?)

So they both have their advantages... Bird his size and shooting... Pippen his quickness and overall defense.

I wasn't using the "athletic" arguement there, but that advantage does belong to Pippen, yes. But Bird has other advantages to beat Pippen.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    This video shows exactly how bird scored. Literrally every shot he took came off a curl, or screen. Every single one. And 90% of those shot were on brad sellers. Thanx for making my case for me

Do i have to seriously link you to EVERY ONE of the isolated incidents that didn't involve a pick or curl ?? Do i have to do that for real?? OK, i guess i got to do it with you DENYING ass.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    The 3 times that Pippen and Bird did matchup...

Bird hit a jumper, Pippen late contest
    Pippen gets Bird on the switch and he blows by for a bankshot bucket.
    Pippen runs the break, Bird challenges and Pippen still gets the tough bucket (up to you if you want to call that a straight 1 on 1... are we playing full or half court ?)

So they both have their advantages... Bird his size and shooting... Pippen his quickness and overall defense.

I wasn't using the "athletic" arguement there, but that advantage does belong to Pippen, yes. But Bird has other advantages to beat Pippen.

Apparently you missed this....

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...sort=ascending

Do i have to seriously link you to EVERY ONE of the isolated incidents that didn't involve a pick or curl ?? Do i have to do that for real?? OK, i guess i got to do it with you DENYING ass.
    Lol what am I denying? You posted the video. He did a great job comming off screens and curls. But not one shot was made by him breaking a man down in a 1 on 1 setting. Not one shot.

Yes, Larry was not an ISO player, he had a jumpshot that was hard to stop because he shot it from behind his head but he hardly ever beat anyone to the rim on ISO.

These YouTube videos are decieving because I could make a video to make it look like Larry could take anybody off the dribble by using the few times he beat someone to the hole but that wasn't his game, I watched him from the mid 80's on.He used screens, pumped faked, shot on the move or cut to the hole, he was really good off the ball and an excellent passer, but that doesn't translate on a 1v1.

Pippen would get lit up. How is this thread even multiple pages?

No I didnt, I saw you post that before... but what does that have to do with that clip ?

The gif on photobucket says 1988.. the clip says 1991... and two completely different plays and players at each point in time.

I was just referring to the video clip you sent.

Great college starter

Lol what am I denying? You posted the video. He did a great job comming off screens and curls. But not one shot was made by him breaking a man down in a 1 on 1 setting. Not one shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOTJQbRWu7g

9:30 and 11:17 of the video...i suggest you go to tjhunt1976 and watch some FULL games dude....

College star

do some guys here really insinuate that Pippen might be a better offensive player, even 1on1? The only advantage he has over Bird is athletic ability. 1on1 is way more reliant on skill than it is on athleticism.
    You guys act like Bird was slow and unathletic. This is not the case. He had very quick feet, hands and great instincts. Pippen wouldn't get by him easily. Bird however wouldn't even need to get by Pippen because he could shoot over him or post him up.

I doubt anyone picking Pippen here has ever played against a skilled player 1on1.

Great college starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z7g5xPdtDE

Look at the hook shot on Charles Davis at 13 minutes...What Pippen gonna do with that??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOTJQbRWu7g

9:30 and 11:17 of the video...i suggest you go to tjhunt1976 and watch some FULL games dude....
    Lol one play he legitly posted pippen up. The other, was off a fastbreak. Still, most of his shots were off screens and curls