Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: PickUp Game: Larry Bird VS Scottie Pippen

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    Check it again Mister DENIAL...Pippen behind Bird in the lane on the drive...you got ISSUES dude LOL!!!
    Behind bird? He's behind parrish and fouls him when bird dishes off to him. The camera comes in too late to see how the play unfolded.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Lol again, he uses a screen to get open. Are you watching the same thing I am? Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b57iX7KKLUg

Larry Bird shooting over the top of 7'0" Brad Sellers (LONGER than Pippen), and Scottie Pippen as well...WETNESS, too easy for Larry Legend..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    the question is .. after reading this little gem, I don't understand why anyone is arguing with this kid ?

when you're that diluted, you can't be reasoned with

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    97 bulls is the biggest bulls/pippen homer on this site, don't take him too seriously on these kinds of debates.

BTW I hate these types of threads, never been a 1 v 1 guy, basketball is a team sport & Bird is superior to Pippen as a player.
    I think they're arguing based on who they feel is a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    97 bulls

no use.....lot of so called hoop fans see bird's color...not his game strengths/weaknesses

so in their mind...bird could beat one of the complete defensive players of all time...and a very good offensive player in a game of one on one... even though logic says they are wrong

again....micheal cooper locked down bird in a team game.....running through screens, picks....in a no zone era...

pippen would bother bird on defense and blow past him on offense

case closed
    no smart guy .. it's the exact opposite .. his damn color is precisely why the great larry bird is being dogged in this thread .. because he's white .. therefore he must be slow and inferior

this thread is a classic case of the 'slow white man mentality syndrome' .. 'aw he's white, he must be slow and clumsy footed, he can't do it' .. you make up any scenario involving bird and a black player and they will automatically choose the black player ..

classic example .. the poster 97 bulls saying gerald green would beat up on larry bird .. why do you think he said that ?

.. what they're too stupid to see is that bird played people who were mostly all more athletic than him and he still dominated them .. one on one too .. pippen wouldn't have it so easy 'blowing by' bird .. his quickness is mistakenly being underestimated in this thread
    Last edited by dude77; 01-23-2012 at 06:56 PM.

97 bulls confirmed for most biased/delusional poster I've ever seen on an internet forum.

Gerald Green over Larry Bird in 1 on 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b57iX7KKLUg

Larry Bird shooting over the top of 7'0" Brad Sellers (LONGER than Pippen), and Scottie Pippen as well...WETNESS, too easy for Larry Legend..
    Its brad sellers you moron. He's a friggn stiff just a taller one how long did he stay in the league? I don't believe your centering your argument around brad sellers.

And once again you show a clip of bird having to be chased through a screen. Screens and curls aren't isos

Banned

Again, these are pros. Even more hofers, even more than that all-time great hofers. You can't just give a guy like pippen open space. He's gonna make it. Especially if birds gonna give him the jumpshot. And with pippens footspeed, bird would need to give a lot of ground.

And why would pippen negate his advantage by trying to back down bird? Makes no sense.
    This. An NBA player is an NBA player. They can hit jump shots like throwing a raisin in a pool when uncontested and without NBA Game defense/atmosphere. They practice that shit daily. Larry cant just back off Pippen, and neither can Pippen off Larry. They would need to play tight D. It comes to who is the best 1on1 player.

Who is?

But then again, Pippen has an advantage with his D, right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    97 bulls confirmed for most biased/delusional poster I've ever seen on an internet forum.

Gerald Green over Larry Bird in 1 on 1.
    I said, I'm not sure bird could beat green. Don't you understand birds gonna have to play defense too.

Id give an edge to bird cuz I don't think green is much of a dribbler. And has no jumshot. He'd back off him and dare him to shoot and stay on his right hand.

They are both legends, the competitive will be even. Even the best players have lost 1-on-1 battles to much lesser competition, not that Pippen is way less than Bird. Even if they played 5 on 5 and had to guard each other I wouldn't know who to choose.

Banned

U guys r rly dumb thinking NBA players cant hit uncontested jumpshots... in the playground.

Great college starter

http://www.youtube.com/user/tjhunt19.../1/v2jFb6azi7I

Bird goes around Pippen at 31:05.

Bird hits turnaround fade on Pippen at 32:45.

Bird sticks 3-pointer in Pippen's grill at 1:14.

ALL DAY !!

Great college starter

Its brad sellers you moron. He's a friggn stiff just a taller one how long did he stay in the league? I don't believe your centering your argument around brad sellers.

And once again you show a clip of bird having to be chased through a screen. Screens and curls aren't isos

2 shots over Brad Sellers and the last one over Scottie Pippen in the video...WATCH IT AGAIN SON, and LISTEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    They are both legends, the competitive will be even. Even the best players have lost 1-on-1 battles to much lesser competition, not that Pippen is way less than Bird. Even if they played 5 on 5 and had to guard each other I wouldn't know who to choose.
    I remember during the 00 finals, reggie miller was being interviewed and someone asked about him playing kobe bryant one on one a few years prior. Kobe beat miller. Miller admitted it. And this was a young kobe bryant. Vs miller who was a great jump shooter like bird. But his defense leaves something to be desired. And that's probably what was the difference.

Its just too hard to overcome iso 1 on 1 when one man can defend and score while the other can just score. This would be the scenario in a pippen/bird matchup. And no amount of clips showing bird shooting over brad sellers would change that.

Great college starter

I said, I'm not sure bird could beat green. Don't you understand birds gonna have to play defense too.

Id give an edge to bird cuz I don't think green is much of a dribbler. And has no jumshot. He'd back off him and dare him to shoot and stay on his right hand.

You expose yourself with every post kid, KEEP IT COMING!