Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Question How was a 20 year old ROOKIE able to get under the skin of vets like Adams did?

He got like 3 or 4 guys ejected last year in the regular season and also drew numerous technical fouls from guys getting pissed at him.

In the playoffs he got Randolph so upset that Randolph punched him and got suspended for the crucial game seven.

In the Clippers series, CP3 fouled Nick Collison by throwing his elbows into his groin while he was in the air, giving OKC FT's to help close out a really close game. CP3 said after the game that he thought Nick Collison was Adams and thats why he did it.... CP3 and Griffin also had tons of plays that series where they were flopping near Adams and whining that he was being too physical.

We saw battle tested veterans THROW playoff games over how badly they wanted to show a 20 year old rookie that they were mad at him. I've never seen anything else like that before.

Default Re: How was a 20 year old ROOKIE able to get under the skin of vets like Adams did?

How is a 6 year old TROLL able to get under the skin of ISH vets like russwest does?

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Default Re: How was a 20 year old ROOKIE able to get under the skin of vets like Adams did?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    How is a 6 year old TROLL able to get under the skin of ISH vets like russwest does?

but yeah, being from NZ helps

because he is so strong that he could really hurt someone...add in that he doesnt give a **** about hurting someone and he is tough.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

built like stone.. older guys get pissed they cant push around a rook.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    because he is so strong that he could really hurt someone...add in that he doesnt give a **** about hurting someone and he is tough.
    I think Al Jefferson described it once. He said Adams was pissing him off and he kept trying to dish back the physicality and let Adams know that he was pissed but he got ignored

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    built like stone.. older guys get pissed they cant push around a rook.
    Yup. This is why I was like when people in Thunder forums were saying OKC should get Olynyk or some shit.

I wanted Adams on draft night as much as I've ever wanted a single player in the draft.

7'0 tall, 255 pounds, 7'5 wingspan, tough as they come, yet charismatic as hell, great hands, great rebounding, and the guy is apparently a SPONGE in regards to learning.

When I saw him OWN Andre Drummond in one of his first games as an NBA player, putting up 17/10/3/3 on 70% shooting in just 30 minutes, I was like DAMN. Great hands, excellent fluidity around the hoop, great at bullying others. I'm gonna LOVE this guy.

Presti even flew out to NZ this offseason just to hang out with Adams, which seems so unlike Presti. I'm pretty sure this FO thinks that Adams is going to be an all star.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Yup. This is why I was like when people in Thunder forums were saying OKC should get Olynyk or some shit.

I wanted Adams on draft night as much as I've ever wanted a single player in the draft.

7'0 tall, 255 pounds, 7'5 wingspan, tough as they come, yet charismatic as hell, great hands, great rebounding, and the guy is apparently a SPONGE in regards to learning.

When I saw him OWN Andre Drummond in one of his first games as an NBA player, putting up 17/10/3/3 on 70% shooting in just 30 minutes, I was like DAMN. Great hands, excellent fluidity around the hoop, great at bullying others. I'm gonna LOVE this guy.

Presti even flew out to NZ this offseason just to hang out with Adams, which seems so unlike Presti. I'm pretty sure this FO thinks that Adams is going to be an all star.
    Yup..also in addition to his physical strength hes the most even keel guy out there.. completely focused, emotionless, and composed. The opposite of most of the wanna be hot head toughguys in the league

what other 20 year old rookie was doing what adam did?

-white
    -physical
    -Does not react

Some guys put on the tough guy act when things get physical. Other guys shy away. Adams doesn't react at all and that is INFURIATING.

I was a really good water polo player in high school and college, and wpolo is highly physical. Since pretty much anything under the water can't be seen by the ref if you're discrete, the only thing stopping you from punching someone is knowing you'll get hit back.

I dealt with guys like Adams all the time. They'll come up to you, do some really dirty shit (aka kick you in the nuts, punch you in the kidney, grab your cap strings, pull on your suit) and then act like nothing happened. I got thrown out of more than a few games for overt retaliation because I would get furious. It's one thing if you can shit talk back and forth and play dirty in discrete ways, but when one guy is just constantly bumping you around and pretending not to notice it's tough to not react.

First time I played against my brother he was a freshman and I was a senior (college). He got me tossed in the 3rd quarter while his team was getting blown out because every time down the pool he'd grab my foot and tug it while he was swimming behind me

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Dude should've been runner up in ROY voting. His impact is hella underrated. I swear, if Brooks was smart enough to have him slotted as our starting C, we would've won the championship last year.

In 3 more years, dude will be a Top 5 C in the league.

Book it nigas.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    what other 20 year old rookie was doing what adam did?
    None. It's unreal how poised he is for a 20 year old. His upbringing certainly is a large part of that.

He's actually the winningest 20 year old in NBA history

Modern day Bill Laimbeer?

And is the dude gonna fuxking start? WTF Scotty

Golden State Aster*sks

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    I was a really good water polo player in high school and college, and wpolo is highly physical. Since pretty much anything under the water can't be seen by the ref if you're discrete, the only thing stopping you from punching someone is knowing you'll get hit back.

I dealt with guys like Adams all the time. They'll come up to you, do some really dirty shit (aka kick you in the nuts, punch you in the kidney, grab your cap strings, pull on your suit) and then act like nothing happened. I got thrown out of more than a few games for overt retaliation because I would get furious. It's one thing if you can shit talk back and forth and play dirty in discrete ways, but when one guy is just constantly bumping you around and pretending not to notice it's tough to not react.

First time I played against my brother he was a freshman and I was a senior (college). He got me tossed in the 3rd quarter while his team was getting blown out because every time down the pool he'd grab my foot and tug it while he was swimming behind me
    Water polo?? Seriously? This has to be the gayest post I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Taller than CP3
    Water polo?? Seriously? This has to be the gayest post I've ever seen.
    how bout you **** off. Toughest team sport hands down.
    If the first thing you think about when you think about polo is dudes in speedos, that's your problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYRYDGoTelI

Skip to any part of this video.

Offense operates like basketball with 6v6 and a goal+goalie instead of a hoop. Players pass and drive around the perimeter to space the pool for a "Hole Set" player who trys to fight (literally) for post up position in front of the goal. Imagine if centers could grab and punch constantly, even away from the ball, and you're treading water the entire time.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 09-16-2014 at 09:09 PM.