Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Save The Sonics

High School Starter blazerjimmy's Avatar

Default Re: Save The Sonics

I'm a Blazers fan - always have been - always will be, but how the NBA and particularly David Stern are handling this whole situation makes me sick to my stomach - I will never watch an "Okalahoma Bandit" - or whatever the hell they'll be called - game, even if it's against my Blazers!!!

I hope the Sonics stay in Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
    I'm a Blazers fan - always have been - always will be, but how the NBA and particularly David Stern are handling this whole situation makes me sick to my stomach - I will never watch an "Okalahoma Bandit" - or whatever the hell they'll be called - game, even if it's against my Blazers!!!

I hope the Sonics stay in Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks jimmy

seems like most of us have given up at this point-- but i am hopeful for a last minute, desperation three-point heave

otherwise, i am preparing myself to be a blazer fan

brandon and martell are seattleites

Saw a basketball once Samuelb88's Avatar

Good post.

I'm 20 years old and have lived in Seattle my entire life. When I was a kid and was of age to be able to comprehend what was happening in a basketball game, I fell in love with it immediately. Shawn Kemp was my favorite player, as he was to many others, i'm sure. Some of the most fun I had as a kid were going to the sonic games and then being able to re-enact the game afterwards. I played basketball nearly everyday at recess and in my backyard after school with the dream of one day joining the NBA.

Although I lost interest in the NBA for a good eight years or so, (since Kemp left; I just started watching again this year because of the west coast ) I am deeply crushed by the fact the Sonics are getting hijacked right from under us. I am disapointed that Howard Schultz sold the sonics to such an evil creature (Clay Bennett). I am angry how Clay Bennett is/will be doing whatever it takes to move the Sonics to Oklahoma and I am infuriated at David Stern for saying, (something along the lines...) "If Seattle allows the Sonics to move, it highly sabotages their chances of ever having an NBA franchise in their city again." with a big smile. What a jack-ass.

What is even more disappointing is when the Sonics leave Seattle, it might distance children from the sport of basketball. I could not imagine my childhood, or life for that matter, without basketball. It's profoundly disappointing to think children will not be able to discover the rush of attending a live basketball game, or becoming attached to their home team. Although I'm sure most NBA fans in Seattle (those who will continue to follow the NBA after the Sonics departure) are preparing themselves for the tragic event and have chosen a new team they can follow and root for, it just won't be the same as having your own home team.

-Sam

Banned

Good Luck to the Sonics.... it wont be the same with out the hometown of seattle

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samuelb88
    Good post.

I'm 20 years old and have lived in Seattle my entire life. When I was a kid and was of age to be able to comprehend what was happening in a basketball game, I fell in love with it immediately. Shawn Kemp was my favorite player, as he was to many others, i'm sure. Some of the most fun I had as a kid were going to the sonic games and then being able to re-enact the game afterwards. I played basketball nearly everyday at recess and in my backyard after school with the dream of one day joining the NBA.

Although I lost interest in the NBA for a good eight years or so, (since Kemp left; I just started watching again this year because of the west coast ) I am deeply crushed by the fact the Sonics are getting hijacked right from under us. I am disapointed that Howard Schultz sold the sonics to such an evil creature (Clay Bennett). I am angry how Clay Bennett is/will be doing whatever it takes to move the Sonics to Oklahoma and I am infuriated at David Stern for saying, (something along the lines...) "If Seattle allows the Sonics to move, it highly sabotages their chances of ever having an NBA franchise in their city again." with a big smile. What a jack-ass.

What is even more disappointing is when the Sonics leave Seattle, it might distance children from the sport of basketball. I could not imagine my childhood, or life for that matter, without basketball. It's profoundly disappointing to think children will not be able to discover the rush of attending a live basketball game, or becoming attached to their home team. Although I'm sure most NBA fans in Seattle (those who will continue to follow the NBA after the Sonics departure) are preparing themselves for the tragic event and have chosen a new team they can follow and root for, it just won't be the same as having your own home team.

-Sam
    sam

thanks for the heart-felt post

while i am generally optimistic, there has been too much to the development of the move and so many factors that go into it

it seems like there could be a deal before the court date starts
    ( http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basket...6_trial03.html )

but in cutting the deal, i hope the city can get a promise to keep the name "sonics" (bennett wants a clean start with a new name/logo/uniforms/identity) and a promise for the next team-- whenever that may be

time will tell...

Saw a basketball once

Arrow Re: Save The Sonics

PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD!!! BRING THE KIDS!!!
    This will be peaceful and positive!

[COLOR="Red"]THERE'S A MAJOR RALLY AT THE DOWNTOWN COURTHOUSE ON MONDAY JUNE 16[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkRed"]BE PART OF IT!!![/COLOR]

Monday, June 16 marks the beginning of historic legal proceedings as the City of Seattle defends its lease to the Seattle SuperSonics in federal court hearings.

Save Our Sonics (SOS) encourages Sonics fans to express their support in a group gathering outside the federal courthouse in downtown Seattle (700 Stewart St.) throughout the day.

Sonics legends "The Glove" Gary Payton and "X- Man" Xavier McDaniel are confirmed to attend and speak at 4:30 pm. Other Sonics Legends have been invited and are expected to appear.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Bring your kids to see these Sonics legends in person and so the next time we have a championship parade they can tell people they were there when the tide was turned to keep this team.[/COLOR]

Please Download and Post this EVERYWHERE!!!
    It's the Official Rally Flyer:

B&W: http://saveoursonics.org/Portals/16/rally_0616.pdf

Color: http://saveoursonics.org/Portals/16/rally_0616_rgb.pdf

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Steve Kelley of the Seattle Times wrote:[/COLOR]
    Why is this rally important?

Because people will be watching.

The league doesn't like getting embarrassed and if a huge crowd gathers at the courthouse, the rally will rate ESPN airtime and it will be a signal to the rest of the country that Seattle still cares.

If thousands, instead of hundreds, show up it will be another example that the NBA is dead wrong about this city.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._kelley09.html

ITS FAR FROM OVER... SEE YOU AT THE COURTHOUSE ON MONDAY!!!

[COLOR="Red"]GET UPDATED HERE!!![/COLOR] http://saveoursonics.org/

SAVE OUR SONICS!!!
    Last 3 min of home game vs Mavs - 16,000 fans chanting at the Key
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mp4lAafmZFA&feature=related
    Last edited by sbuxsux; 06-13-2008 at 01:35 PM.